Pick 3

4 hours ago, ConfuciuSay said:

Do you mostly run just 1 crooligan? They seemed really good, but die if someone looks at them sideways.

I know this was not directed at me but typically if I am playing Molly in a scheme marker heavy pool or strategy where I need their mobility to port in and interact I run two. As you mentioned one dies easy…. But not as easy as you might think with 5 Wounds and Hard to Wound….. however concentrated attention can take then down pretty quickly and having a second gives you a backup, more flexibility, and counter scheme/strategy capability as well. 

4 hours ago, ConfuciuSay said:

Do you use One More Question a lot? Post game my opponent felt that if I had been using that more he would have had a much harder time.

I do; especially if Manos is is in the crew as well. Hitting models with slow and then having something like Manos with 2” reach and Extended Reach can pretty much effectively neutralize a beater threat. 

if I have Molly positioned well and don’t need to move then 2 x One More Question to shut down big threats and either a Constructive Criticism or a Lost Knowledge can be a pretty impactful activation for her. Especially if I have a card or two for discarding to Premonition too. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ConfuciuSay said:

Do you mostly run just 1 crooligan? They seemed really good, but die if someone looks at them sideways. So it seemed like having 2 was the way to go. I was actually surprised about her stone usage. I'm used to a meta where if you bring less than 5 or 6 stones your master is going to get ganked real quick. In my game against Ivan though I almost forgot about my stones and just started using them for extra card draw. Its hard to break the habit though of having a large cache, feels vulnerable. 

Do you use One More Question a lot? Post game my opponent felt that if I had been using that more he would have had a much harder time.

I take one crooligan in a lot of games.  They can survive so well with just hiding, it is usually enough. If it is critical a crooligan survives til turn 5, or schemes are in the pool that I might declare a crooligan (catch and release), I'm more likely to take 2.

One more question is sooooooo good. It can definitely win games. However, I don't use it that often because Molly has so many actions she wants to take. But often if I just want to slow down the game, One More Question is her best action to use. Also combos with her crow trigger for scheme marker removal.

So it may have been correct for your game to use it a bunch. Really every part of her card is relevant.

Thanks for all the advice, I know Molly is going to take a while to get used to and to figure out all her little tricks. Especially since she is not the typical style of play that I usually go for. Which is why I also decided to pick up Reva. Shes a master that I've always liked the aesthetic and theme of but never got around to collecting her. My lgs had a sale on 2e boxes so decided to grab her box since other than the cards she hasnt changed. I've listened to a couple podcasts talk about her and she seems like a strong offense focused master for GG2. What are some scenarios or matchups you like to run her into? Are there any absolutely must have models for her?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ConfuciuSay said:

Thanks for all the advice, I know Molly is going to take a while to get used to and to figure out all her little tricks. Especially since she is not the typical style of play that I usually go for. Which is why I also decided to pick up Reva. Shes a master that I've always liked the aesthetic and theme of but never got around to collecting her. My lgs had a sale on 2e boxes so decided to grab her box since other than the cards she hasnt changed. I've listened to a couple podcasts talk about her and she seems like a strong offense focused master for GG2. What are some scenarios or matchups you like to run her into? Are there any absolutely must have models for her?

I am a bad Reva player, but research mission and to some extent death beds probably make any pool appealing to Reva.

There are a few styles with her. Good players tend to lean towards Anna Lovelace. I tend to lean towards grave golem/bone pile/bete noire.

Dead rider works well with her as then you have two horses for really good board coverage that ignores severe terrain.

I'd avoid too many models with target numbers. She doesn't have much card draw.

Shieldbearers are awesome.