question about Lazarus

Mask

Hi guys.

I was looking to improve my ability to "not be crushed" using freikorp 😜 when I noticed a specific wording on Lazarus' Card

"Assimilate" says specifically "Action printed on the target model's card".

Is that intentional to prevent using "assimilate" on the rocket launcher's attack action???

I think it is but asking is never bad.

Thanks

Mask

15 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

The italics on her bonus action does say you have to pick one that doesn't attach upgrades or list a model by name.

Sorry, I was referring to Tactical Actions printed on upgrades (like, say, Leap on Rocket Boots), not whether she could hand out upgrades with it.

Been meaning to pull Von Schill for a while but haven't got my hands on a base for Hannah yet :(

6 minutes ago, Azahul said:

Sorry, I was referring to Tactical Actions printed on upgrades (like, say, Leap on Rocket Boots), not whether she could hand out upgrades with it.

Been meaning to pull Von Schill for a while but haven't got my hands on a base for Hannah yet :(

Oh, sorry, my bad for not taking the context into account.

Here's a Wyrd FAQ that's only a bit related:

1. Hannah Lovelace – Can the Adaptive Tactics Action be used to take a General Tactical Action?

a) No. General Actions (while available to be taken by every model) are not specific to a model and are not one of that model’s Actions

So... That's the only official word, which is not the same thing. So I don't know! I would lean towards YES, Hannah can do it, as she doesn't use the 'printed on the stat card', and the model gains the ability from the upgrades.

Yes, Hannah can copy actions from equipment upgrades. It's great for her because she can use the leap from Rocket Boots, which will be on Arik to hop forward and fire her rocker launcher round one. Opponents don't always see that one coming but more importantly, Arik still has his boots on! That's often a turn 1 move, since turns 2 & 3 you're likely copying Arik's charge up to increase melee damage (or at least that is what I am normally doing). 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Trample said:

Yes, Hannah can copy actions from equipment upgrades. It's great for her because she can use the leap from Rocket Boots, which will be on Arik to hop forward and fire her rocker launcher round one. Opponents don't always see that one coming but more importantly, Arik still has his boots on! That's often a turn 1 move, since turns 2 & 3 you're likely copying Arik's charge up to increase melee damage (or at least that is what I am normally doing). 

I copied Arik’s bonus a couple times in my most recent game. Coupled with Siphon Power (Ram) and the cheatable high Ram, I was hitting moderate 7, which was rather sexy

20 minutes ago, Davos said:

I copied Arik’s bonus a couple times in my most recent game. Coupled with Siphon Power (Ram) and the cheatable high Ram, I was hitting moderate 7, which was rather sexy

All you needed was some Land Mines to shove models through :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Davos said:

I played Von Schill in the second round of the tournament this weekend and my poor opponent hadn't faced Freikorps before. Although I explained what the crew did and that Hannah and Arik can put out a ton of damage, I think he was shocked at how easily Arik deleted Howard Langston. Those two models can do a lot of work. 

While much of this discussion might not seem relevant to the original post, I do think the evolution of the discussion helps to highlight why there  are much better options in Freikorps than Lazarus. I really want him to be good, but there is almost never a situation where he is a useful addition to the crew. 

• Agree 2

😱

was this after your Zipp rudely attacked a peaceful group of sisters who were having a picnic?

3 hours ago, Trample said:

I played Von Schill in the second round of the tournament this weekend and my poor opponent hadn't faced Freikorps before. Although I explained what the crew did and that Hannah and Arik can put out a ton of damage, I think he was shocked at how easily Arik deleted Howard Langston. Those two models can do a lot of work. 

While much of this discussion might not seem relevant to the original post, I do think the evolution of the discussion helps to highlight why there  are much better options in Freikorps than Lazarus. I really want him to be good, but there is almost never a situation where he is a useful addition to the crew. 

• Haha 1