Focused and Counterattack

bakaryu135

Question

Hi all,

This question not only applies to Counterattack (Lady Justice defensive trigger) but any model with a defensive trigger that includes a damage flip.  First up the updated rules text for the Focused Condition:

Focused +X: Before performing an opposed duel, this model may lower the value of this Condition by one to receive a +flip to the duel (and any resulting damage flip this model makes). Models cannot have more than Focused +2 at any time. Cancelled by Distracted

Counterattack is a defensive trigger that does 2/3/5 damage to the attacker with a -flip to the duel if the action that triggered it was a melee attack.  From what I can determine from reading the rules as written the damage flip caused by Counterattack is a result of the duel and would benefit from the +flip on the damage flip too (essentially creating a straight flip and allowing the possibility to cheat).

Is there anything that I have missed to say that I have misinterpreted the rulebook for this before I use it for a game?

3 answers to this question

I believe that flips for defensive triggers are also affected by accuracy modifiers. So the + for Focus and the - built into the trigger would cancel out, and you'd be left with the standard accuracy modifier from the result of the opposed duel.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, NoisyAssassin said:

I believe that flips for defensive triggers are also affected by accuracy modifiers. So the + for Focus and the - built into the trigger would cancel out, and you'd be left with the standard accuracy modifier from the result of the opposed duel.

That is correct. It’s item 2 in the general section of the FAQ

• Haha 1