New model idea: Judge Dead!

Da Git

So after listening to The Risk of Reason again, the duel between Justice and the former Judge made me really want to see the poor guy come back as a resser model! Definitely got the creative juices going and got my (poorly) designer hat on and thought about some rules. Naming him Judge Dead for pop culture!

Judge Dead - 9ss
Undead, Henchman
EXPERIMENTAL, Versatile

Df4, Wp5, Hp 9, Sze 2, Mv5

Abilities

• Hard to Wound
  • Hard to Kill
  • Unnatural Vigor
  • Intuition (representing the Grave Spirit's influence through him)
  • High Tolerance (so he doesn't take damage from all the poison McMourning throws around!)

Attack Actions

Long-arm blade - :melee1", 6, 2/4/5dg

• Crit strike
  • Quick Shot

Long-arm pistol - :ranged10", 5, 2/3/4dg

• Get in there

:ToS-Fast: I was the Law! - Move target up to its move.

• Mental Trauma

Tactical Actions

Draw Essence

No idea if balanced, just tried to look at the M2E Judges card and some ideas for making him more proper undeady!

• Like 2

I like it! An additional movement shenanigan for the crew is always welcome.

The main thing is if he is part of McMourning's crew, I assume he is one of McMourning's projects... So should have perverse metabolism over high tolerance I think.

Hard to kill + perverse metabolism is a great combo, and the whole crew is based off of big blood poisoning heals, so would be weird if you couldn't use it on him.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Not sure I would have chosen McMorning as the one to be able to "resurrect" the judge.

Whilst he is fairly talented (in his own Crazy way) I don't think he is likely to be able to raise a Death Marshal.  From a story view only Karina has ever been able to raise a Death Marshal, or I could see him returning of his own volition as some kind of spirit of vengeance/retribution (So Umani).

Gorgon could potentially do something strange in the raising process (see Molly and Seamus for some of the strange effects from the Gorgons tear) if you wanted forgotten keyword  

EDIT

Oops. That will teach me to not read the most recent stories.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I like it! An additional movement shenanigan for the crew is always welcome.

The main thing is if he is part of McMourning's crew, I assume he is one of McMourning's projects... So should have perverse metabolism over high tolerance I think.

Hard to kill + perverse metabolism is a great combo, and the whole crew is based off of big blood poisoning heals, so would be weird if you couldn't use it on him.

I put High Tolerance due to him already having Unnatural Vigor and Draw Essence for healing... I'm actually going to remove Experimental as Adran's given me a better idea.

36 minutes ago, Adran said:

Not sure I would have chosen McMorning as the one to be able to "resurrect" the judge.

Whilst he is fairly talented (in his own Crazy way) I don't think he is likely to be able to raise a Death Marshal.  From a story view only Karina has ever been able to raise a Death Marshal, or I could see him returning of his own volition as some kind of spirit of vengeance/retribution (So Umani).

Gorgon could potentially do something strange in the raising process (see Molly and Seamus for some of the strange effects from the Gorgons tear) if you wanted forgotten keyword 

I chose McMourning because he was the one that set him on Justice in the story... but from my readings, it wasn't him controlling the Judge, more the Grave Spirit or whoever is tormenting Lady J (pretty sure that's the Grave Spirit, but it could be something else like the Gorgon). I'm actually going to remove Experimental and maaaybe give him the Zombie keyword? This would let him hire a few models without tax... Although the one one of them I like is the Rabble Riser. Maybe the Forgotten keyword then? would go with the Rabble Riser and Forgotten Marshal.

Otherwise just leave him as Versatile. Not a big fan of the Urami idea as he really doesn't fit in with Kirai or anything she's trying to achieve (& I think Kirai would kill him on sight).

Model wise, I have a spare M2E Judge... options are:

1. Keep it simple. Just a head swap with a flaming skull and sculpt some flames on him
  2. kitbash him with an M2E flesh construct
  3. kitbash him with a Lampad
  4. something else??
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Nikshe said:

Adran, he DID it once. Check the 3rd edition Guild book.

I'm not actually sure McMourning did res the Judge or if he just happened to find him/pick him up. It sounded like the Grave Spirit was directly talking through Judge into Justice's mind, so maybe the Grave Spirit brought him back as a meat puppet to torment Justice.

Spoilers from the Guild Book

Another angle I was thinking,since I posted last night about kitbashing with the lampad. Since Justice basically cleaved the Judge in half and left him to be consumed by flames in the burning school, well who uses burning? Reva! Who's lacking a heavy combat henchman type model? Reva!

So take 2... Burning Ghost of the Grave Spirit

Judge Dead - 9ss
Henchman
REVENANT, Versatile

Df5, Wp5, Hp8, Sz2, Mv5

Abilities

• Funeral Pyre
  • Incorporeal
  • Intuition (representing the Grave Spirit's influence through him)
  • The Final Veil (kind of like unnatural Vigour)

Attack Actions

Long-arm blade - :melee1", 6, 2/4/5dg

• :tome Blaze (bit of burning synergy)
  • :ramCrit strike
  • :mask Quick Shot

Long-arm pistol - :ranged10", 5, 2/3/4dg

• :tome Blaze (bit of burning synergy)
  • :mask Get in there

:ToS-Fast: I was the Law! (I had to bring "I am the Law!" in there somehow! not sure what the effect should be)
Rg: 6", Stat 6, Rst Wp.
Enemy only. Move target up to its move. If this move ends in a Pyre marker, it gains Staggered.

• :crowMental Trauma

Tactical Actions

Draw Essence

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Undead and incorporeal don't go together.

Undead is for things that leave a body, incorporeal is for things like ghosts with no corpse marker.

Other than that, I like the direction.

Oops, copy, pasted and forgot to remove. Edited.

Whelp, figured out what I'm actually going to use this guy as... My Revenant Bete Noir!

I've got it on a 40mm currently, but going to take him off and put it on a 30mm (bit of overhang, but really, that's par for the course with Wyrd!). What do we think?

20210610_231523.thumb.jpg.e8ac14aaddcceea7ebecb6b849f2ae66.jpg

Haven't done the Greenstuff yet, but any ideas to make it more Judge-like? (He's got the head, sword and a Death Marshal duster currently).