Ressers in June - Push for Top 16!!

This pool is possibly really well suited to Molly, I think. I might do something funky like snag some Doxies so they're only worth 1 token.

Reva and Seamus seem good for similar reasons, can abuse the tokens a bit. McMourning likes Let Them Bleed thanks to the healing, but I dunno.

I think Reva perhaps fit the pool the best out of my usual masters, I'm just not good enough with her xD

5 minutes ago, bakaryu135 said:

Haven't looked at this before but it seems interesting, what is it? :)

The vassal world series is running at the moment. It is a different tournament every month, and you get to play against people from all over the world.

There is one more next month if you want to sign up! It uses vassal, a program for playing online.

20 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

The vassal world series is running at the moment. It is a different tournament every month, and you get to play against people from all over the world.

There is one more next month if you want to sign up! It uses vassal, a program for playing online.

I know Vassal well I used to use it a lot when practicing for Warmachine and Hordes competitive play  :)

The lists:

• Molly + Whisper
  • Necrotic Machine
  • Dead Rider
  • Manos
  • Archie
  • Student of steel
  • Crooligan
  • Crooligan
  • 2 stones

I wasn't sure about the student. It makes public enemies really easy for him, as well as not really fitting the playstyle of the crew. Also his crew has high willpower, so analyze wekaness may not actually go off. However, it does counter his stuff pretty hard when things line up, so I thought I'd give it a go.

His list:

• Von Schill
  • Steam Trunk
  • Hannah Lovelace
  • Freikorp Engineer
  • Hodgepode Emissary
  • Mad Dog Brackett
  • Freikorps Scout w/ wanted criminal
  • 5 stones.

I'm so glad he has arcane resevoir, that will make it a LOT easier to do irreducible damage in this matchup, which is what Molly wants to be doing. Mad dog is a little scary, but when I've been against him before I've killed him pretty fast.

Of course, his damage potential is insane, so going to have to be pretty careful to win this matchup...

The From The Shadows on the Scout is possibly a bit annoying, and makes me wonder if he is going for outflank.

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I wasn't sure about the student. It makes public enemies really easy for him, as well as not really fitting the playstyle of the crew. Also his crew has high willpower, so analyze wekaness may not actually go off. However, it does counter his stuff pretty hard when things line up, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Yeah, in Transmortis I heavily relied on Undergrads to get the steel student anywhere. If I couldn't spare their activations, he just shambled around, hardly doing anything. You'll need to utilize Dead Rider for him.

1 minute ago, Graf said:

Yeah, in Transmortis I heavily relied on Undergrads to get the steel student anywhere. If I couldn't spare their activations, he just shambled around, hardly doing anything. You'll need to utilize Dead Rider for him.

I'm also thinking of using him defensively, helping kill stuff that gets too aggressive. But yeah, may ahve to use rider and/or archie to move him around!

Won 6-3.

It was a delicate positioning battle, with him being on 0 stones by the end of turn 2 thanks to burning through them fast and some crooligan stealing.

Then on turn 3 the battle truly began. He used Von Schill to throw Archie and had the suit in hand to get the pull trigger. Then he used leap to get near mad dog and accomplice into Mad Dog. This got Archie down to 1 wound.

Then I used necrotic machine to heal archie, then accompliced into Archie. Then Archie attacked hannah lovelace 3 times, declaring three triggers and discarding three more heals. Third attack hit red joker. Net effect hannah lovelace went from 8 hp to 0 hp, and archie went from 1-9 before he could follow up on his combo.

5 cards discarded to Archie over (basically) a single activation. Now that's  how you use a hand full of moderates and weaks xD Then I reloaded with molly shortly after so I was on 4-5 cards to his 1-2.

The game was pretty much over at that point.

• Like 3

I think a few people still have their games left, but I'm thinking about round 4:

Map Rivierra

fbeIqA5ME5LulCMsi_Ha2aWfODpYBVZnEzSfK2GKcJzKZwbnSzKGvuMVrPhyHhT6kplTj2Hw6Ko-KU-rX_9QJYz1Qm9AhWOCcLSlcLQn3OI5X-KFaOpffLzyfrph8X1toa9kTWQ

• Corner Corrupted Leylines
  • Assassinate
  • Spread them out
  • Bait and switch
  • Detonate Charges
  • Claim Jump

I really hope I'm against a crew where I can pull people off the markers xD

Due to assassinate and leylines, seems very matchup dependent, but... Corpse Reva claiming the centre seems super strong here. Seamus offers some strong options.

Molly of course is what I'll go with. Assassinate and claim jump might be options, and bait and switch is a lot easier to pull off in corner sometimes, but there is no reason for the enemy to cross the centreline so can only score the first point with reap. Which might be worth it. Bait and switch is a good counter to a "don't cross the centreline" crew I think.

Spread them out and detonate make me super happy, since molly is amazing at denying them both (and great at scoring spread).

2 hours ago, Arlos896 said:

One stone?!? You madman! 

Haha, so many people have said that...

I won, barely. Made some mistakes on the last turn that cost me my lead, so ended 5-4.

He took assassinate and Molly took no actions other than walk, constructive criticism, and lost knowledge all game... So needless to say he couldn't reach her and attack her.

He spotted my bait and switch and denied.

My list was TERRIBLE (it is built off of triggers to knock him off the leyline, and Big Brain Brin cancels triggers), but luckily he hadn't played much Som'er.

On 6/18/2021 at 12:00 PM, SEV said:

Congrats Cackle... I hope you face @Kharnage in R5 for an epic final duel against your two beloved masters.

Glad people can get hyped about the two biggest master stans in the business facing off on a final round top table in the most points-valuable tournament before the invitational. 
I'm not saying this is an anime tournament arc, but if it is, I'm hosed. I beat him in a casual game a couple months ago, so when the stakes are highest now, he's sure to win. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kharnage said:

I'm not saying this is an anime tournament arc, but if it is, I'm hosed. I beat him in a casual game a couple months ago, so when the stakes are highest now, he's sure to win. 

If this is an anime tournament arc, I'm going to lose this game against you and barely make it into the top 16.

Then I'll defeat you in August and knock you out of the tournament 😈

Right now I'm still charging up my lasers!

• Haha 3

Molly skipped through the forest ruins, singing to herself.

Nekima was on her way.  Molly wasn't quite sure what she had done wrong. Something about 'your taunts will end, little girl' was all Molly remembered.

She wasn't worried. She had a plan.

She had a date with Nekima, sure, but not when Nekima thought. That was for a later time when she was more prepared. Today she had a special surprise. She had tricked Seamus into coming here too. And in a moment, Seamus would have no choice but to fight an enraged Nekima...

Plot twist, friends!!!! The fight of the series is not as soon as you think. Molly has other schemes to work on.

3 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Molly skipped through the forest ruins, singing to herself.

Nekima was on her way.  Molly wasn't quite sure what she had done wrong. Something about 'your taunts will end, little girl' was all Molly remembered.

She wasn't worried. She had a plan.

She had a date with Nekima, sure, but not when Nekima thought. That was for a later time when she was more prepared. Today she had a special surprise. She had tricked Seamus into coming here too. And in a moment, Seamus would have no choice but to fight an enraged Nekima...

Plot twist, friends!!!! The fight of the series is not as soon as you think. Molly has other schemes to work on.

Hahaha! When are you playing? 

The lists!

Kharnage: 

• Nekima w/ inhuman reflexes
  • Mature neph w/ Ancient Pact
  • Mature Neph w/ Ancient Pact
  • Hayreddin
  • Black Blood Shaman
  • NINE stones.

Those 9 stones are going to be so rough to work through. All my plans get tripped up by them.

Mine:

• Seamus w/ The Whisper
  • Copycat Killer
  • Madame Sybelle
  • Sloth
  • Bete Noire
  • Dead Doxy
  • Nurse
  • Ashigaru
  • 5 stones.

So basically my thought process for Molly was I wanted to hire Sybelle, Bete Noire, and Dead Doxy. And at that point, I had to ask "do I just want to declare Redchapel?"

Then looking at it from that perspective:

1. Seamus is a way better Nekima matchup (I think)
  2. Seamus is insane on this map
  3. Seamus is insane on turf war.

And so it was a pretty easy call to go Seamus, but just had to figure out if I had a workable list. So came up with the above monstrosity.

• Thanks 1