Guild In the "May the force be with you"

4thstringer

So, Legislat finished 11th as a Guild player in the May event with 2 wins and a draw. It's perhaps worth noting that his total diff was +2 ... which means he won each win by 1 point, and then of course had a draw.

I think that has been a lot of the story of Guild wins in the MWS: they exist, but tend to be more attrition-y wins that take 1-2 point victories, while the podium tends to involve a player or two who have been able to either capitalize on a skill difference in an early round or create a board state that really shut down their opponent.

Here's some early thoughts that I view as net positives for Guild in GG2:
- 3 of the four strategies now create strong tension across the centerline, which is where Guild operates very powerfully
- strategy markers now count as relevant markers for schemes like Death Beds and Research Mission, helping Guild compete despite limited marker generation
- Distracted changes help Nellie significantly to create impactful board states, although her keyword still relies on Nellie herself to do a lot of different things simultaneously
- the schemes and strats incentivize taking less elite crews that can spread AP around, which allows Guild attrition wins to be more punishing in the scoring differential
- Ride with Me, Power Transfer, and Exclusive Interview are all good tech into Break the Line
- Mispositioning tools remain powerful for Corrupted Ley Lines, Turf War, and the new Bait and Switch scheme

I think we're going to have to wait and see a bit.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Death Marshals are good value for a 5ss body. Certainly into Ressers/in keyword where they're likely to get Fast two or three turns for free. 

They seem particularly good into Break the Line and Symbols. 

The trouble in Symbols is that if they're fast, they're probably engaged. Break the Line I think they've got a potential cute trick of charging to pine-box something and then interacting to move a marker ... but I'm VERY unconvinced that Marshals is our best keyword into that strat ...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

The trouble in Symbols is that if they're fast, they're probably engaged. Break the Line I think they've got a potential cute trick of charging to pine-box something and then interacting to move a marker ... but I'm VERY unconvinced that Marshals is our best keyword into that strat ...

Marshal may not be the best keyword for BtL but it may be the best in a matchup/scheme pool/player's repertoire. Or you just want to give it a spin.

I think with Symbols you can probably do a full court press with Marshal that presents enough problems for most crews that your DMs might get through.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

I really like Marshals in GG2, but I agree that BtL is probably their weakest strat. I don't think I have ever been able to make a Marshal crew that I have been happy with that has had more than 7 models, which is obviously going to be a problem in BtL. They are also very slow for such an interact heavy strategy.