Blank screen on games in progress

Chris P Bacon

When I create an online game I then lose all of my games on my phone app screen. It lets me scroll up and down a seemingly endless grey box. The games show up when I log in on a PC and if I delete them my app seems to be fine. Using sony Xperia 1 ii on Android 11. Tried clearing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times.

Screenshot_20210516-182622.png

In case it might help, I believe it has to do with the filters and sorting options, because games come and go when I modify it.

Also, I can create local games if I set the crews before leaving the ingame screen. If I don't set the crews it goes "away" the same as network games.

Hi all, have the same problem on android... try to multi reinstal... but nothing happen i have this grey screen for all my games (and no possibility to change faction, or select something... just a grey screen when i go to "game")

just notice :
I download all pic but if i chose in setting "automatic"  i can't download "abomination"... even if "abomination" is already in the app.

Maybe it's the origin of the failure for "game" bug ?

With the hope that more data makes bug hunting easier. I'm having the same grey box issue on my games screen and every time I close and reopen the app it tells me it has 529 downloads available, despite having ostensibly downloaded everything already. This is using app version 1.3.3 on Android 10. 

(Also, I'd be remise to end this with anything other than praise for this app. Thank you for making the game so much easier)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hemgath said:

Hi all, have the same problem on android... try to multi reinstal... but nothing happen i have this grey screen for all my games (and no possibility to change faction, or select something... just a grey screen when i go to "game")

just notice :
I download all pic but if i chose in setting "automatic"  i can't download "abomination"... even if "abomination" is already in the app.

Maybe it's the origin of the failure for "game" bug ?

If you're stuck downloading Abomination, I think you're on 1.3.2. If on Android please check if 1.3.3 is available, that should address that. I will try to get the iOS version submitted soon.

Not sure about the Games screen issue, I will investigate.

5 minutes ago, Nathan Sells said:

With the hope that more data makes bug hunting easier. I'm having the same grey box issue on my games screen and every time I close and reopen the app it tells me it has 529 downloads available, despite having ostensibly downloaded everything already. This is using app version 1.3.3 on Android 10. 

(Also, I'd be remise to end this with anything other than praise for this app. Thank you for making the game so much easier)

If you sign out do you have the grey screen, or is it grey regardless of whether you are signed in?

1 hour ago, dzlier said:

If you sign out do you have the grey screen, or is it grey regardless of whether you are signed in?

Signing out did bring the Games screen back but it returns to grey when I sign back in.  I am signing in through a Google account, if that's likely to scew things. 

39 minutes ago, Nathan Sells said:

Signing out did bring the Games screen back but it returns to grey when I sign back in.  I am signing in through a Google account, if that's likely to scew things. 

Nothing to do with Google, but it does tell me that one of your network games is likely what's conflicting with the code. Please DM me the email address you use to sign in so I can look at your network games and see what's happening.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, dzlier said:

Found the bug with games in progress as well. Submitting a fix in 1.3.4. Thanks for your reports and your patience.

Still the same error in Android (I uninstalled it, deleted cache and storage, logged in and out, all the typical stuff).

For a split second, just before becoming grey I can see a game in the list. 

Screenshot_20210531-103518.thumb.png.37d6b546da67c8f9038a5e4d95fd1f6f.png

All right, I am submitting a change as 1.3.5 that will ignore any game parsing errors that are causing the screen. It's not a fix per se, but it is logging some extra data for me so that I will be able to find out what's going on, and it will let you all have access to any of your games that are not causing the error.
So you may not be able to see some previous games for a bit while I investigate, but the app will be working at least until I fix it.

• Thanks 2

On 5/31/2021 at 2:44 PM, dzlier said:

OK I'm seeing some data come in, I see at least one source of errors. Submitting a fix in 1.3.6.

I see 1.3.6 went live but I am still having issues.

Gray screen when browsing my Games In-Progress/Completed/Setups. This is on both MS Edge and Google Chrome. I have tried logging out and back in, clearing all cookies and browser history with no luck.

Also on my iOS app I get a gray screen only on the "Completed" part of games.

15 hours ago, NickDub said:

Gray screen when browsing my Games In-Progress/Completed/Setups. This is on both MS Edge and Google Chrome. I have tried logging out and back in, clearing all cookies and browser history with no luck.

Think this might be a "Bombs in yer Belly" issue. I'm gonna remove any reference to that upgrade in your games and see if that helps.

15 hours ago, NickDub said:

OK try it now.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, muraki said:

im on 1.3.8 on a sansung note 20 and have been getting the white screen when I join other players games more often than not.  Just happened this morning, but last weekend/weekend before it was happening too.

I just saw this a minute ago and can't get it to repeat. I did find that it did put me into the game, so when I backed out, it was there as a lobby that I could rejoin. But yeah I'll try to sort that out.