First impressions: McMourning.

I've played a few games with McMourning now! So thought I'd share some of my first impressions.

My list for the last two games was this, to get a feel for the keyword:

•   Dr. McMourning
  •   Zombie Chihuahua
  •   Sebastian
  •   Rogue Necromancy
  •   Kentauroi
  •   Flesh Construct
  •   Nurse
  •   Little Gasser

This gave me a feel for most of the things in the keyword other than Rafkin and Autopsies (which I don't own Rafkin so is fine).

Overall, the keyword just screams "Staying Power!" I've had a lot of crews where I wish I had a bit more staying power for grindy, attrition-based games, and this crew seems like it is definitely good at that. Between high health pools, huge stats on their attacks, and burst heals for 5 supplemented by a lot of incidental healing, the crew can just GRIND.

So far I've been playing casually, so have been doing the little gasser, chihuahua, and nurse all super-stack poison turn 1, so my crew ends up with 5-10 poison each by the end of the turn. Has felt like the perfect amount of poison, but I know it probably isn't competitively viable to do this way because the whole crew would get blasted.

Sebastian - one of the weakest pieces of the crew, I like him as a backup support piece for blood poisoning in case chihuahua dies (and of course, it dies easily). But then by the time chihuahua is dead, not sure you need blood poisoning in the crew. Could be cut for sure.

Rogue Necromancy - the scariest piece of the crew after McMourning. Stat 6+ and sometimes as much as 20+ health over the course of the game just makes this an absolute monster. Projectile vomit is a big factor for this model in my Molly crew, but here I find it is just a melee monster as soon as you can get it into melee.

Kentauroi - pretty useful, but unsure about it. It's as squishy as a flesh construct, and roughly the same speed. It does have some superior tricks (like carrying someone with Ride With Me), and I like running it on a flank after an initial skirmish and it loses its poison stacks to blood poisoning.

Flesh construct - just straight up a great piece. 3 attacks at stat 6 is very good for this cheap a model, and the option to vomit is really solid as well. Not to mention it can scheme run really well with 3 AP. It is just very solid all around, and I'd try to fit more if I could.

Nurse - absolutely wild. EIGHT useful triggers with Tools for the Job to guarantee them (and the daze trigger is just built in?? That's one of the best triggers in the faction and it is built in??). These are wild, I suspect a 'proper' McMourning crew runs two of them.

Little Gasser - for four stones, it does a fair bit of work. 3 poison to everything else turn 1 (so that's ~15 useful poison) is already a fair bit of value. Then it is quite a decent scheme runner once your crew is tying them up.

Chihuahua - blood poisoning. Absolutely critical piece to the crew IMO, but I imagine savvy opponents will prioritise killing it asap.

McMourning - a 4ap, melee monster that heals for 6 damage a turn. What else is there to say?

My overall impression of the crew is that it is very similar to Nekima in Neverborn. You want to throw McMourning into the enemy turn 1, and then take care to use him in a way that keeps him part of the action without dying. Between McMourning and Rogue Necromancy tearing them apart, it isn't as big a deal that your crew is so squishy (and you can just blood poison back 5 health at a time anyway). You can usually find a bit of breathing room to go get stuff done with your crew as the fight grinds on.

What do you think? Have I got my head wrapped around McMourning, or do you have different thoughts?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I like the Kentauroi a lot because of the mobility and 2" range.  Most of my games I would run 2 over Necromancy to get Sebastian and McMourning farther up the field turn 1.  With the changes to Focus/Distracted, I think I'll try Necromancy more often.

I'm also a big fan of gassers.  I try to run 1 in every McMourning list.  One of my favorite scheme runners in faction, though I haven't played Molly yet 😆

• Like 1

I really find it odd that Kentairoi aren’t unimpeded!

They have horse body’s after all. But hey for me it’s a fluff thing and for the game it is balancing so I am ok with that.

but didn’t you having trouble getting them where they need to be? Or maybe our tables have too many forests or other severe terrain 😂

6 hours ago, DerSkalde said:

I really find it odd that Kentairoi aren’t unimpeded!

They have horse body’s after all. But hey for me it’s a fluff thing and for the game it is balancing so I am ok with that.

but didn’t you having trouble getting them where they need to be? Or maybe our tables have too many forests or other severe terrain 😂

Yeah, the lack of unimpeded really makes it tricky! There were so many forests in my last game xD

So McM is my joint fav master (you can guess the other from my avatar) - I moved from Guild to Ressers for him really.

He is strange in Ressers.  Its a faction with great mobility/teleportation, but what McM and co have is raw speed in spades. Yep, not going to have unimpeded when you can get most of the crew moving over 12" a turn if you really want to.  I think he has been overshadowed competitively by Von Schtook, as in both crews can take damage and deal it out as well, but with Undergrad changes I think there is more space for him.  McM will likely be my go to pick for 'Break to Line' for example, when I am more likely going Schtook in Turf War.

Couple of questions which I pose, not because 'you need to answer them' but I hope help you think through how you want to use McM and co per game and per turn

* Do you want to use McM's speed and killing power to remove a minion a turn, or use him to support the crew with blood poisoning and/or rancid transplant this turn?

* When you are activating Seb, do you have enough corpse markers and cards to raise dogs, or do you want to create more corpses with his stat 7 melee attack?

* How much during the game do you want to use Catalyst or blood poisoning? They demand different uses of poison, and how you pump/top up poison on them. Remember Zombie CC has Blood Poisoning as well [and I personally always forget this]!

* Yes how much poison you want by start of turn two is good to figure out.... but how much distracted instead of damage do you want on your opponents by end of turn 2?

* As much as I love Kentauroi and Flesh Constructs.... when do you expect to use Autopsies,Gassers, and even Dogs as hires (not sure about the last one).

* Yes never leave home without a Nurse, but when would you take two?

I hope this all helps (?).  I may not always win with the Doctor, but I always do have fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, HowNot2Wargame said:

So McM is my joint fav master (you can guess the other from my avatar) - I moved from Guild to Ressers for him really.

He is strange in Ressers.  Its a faction with great mobility/teleportation, but what McM and co have is raw speed in spades. Yep, not going to have unimpeded when you can get most of the crew moving over 12" a turn if you really want to.  I think he has been overshadowed competitively by Von Schtook, as in both crews can take damage and deal it out as well, but with Undergrad changes I think there is more space for him.  McM will likely be my go to pick for 'Break to Line' for example, when I am more likely going Schtook in Turf War.

Funny, I've been thinking he might end up being my 'Break The Line' master, so it is good to hear that echoed by others. Good questions, I'll have a stab at my initial impression (but I don't really know a solid answer yet)!

7 minutes ago, HowNot2Wargame said:

* Do you want to use McM's speed and killing power to remove a minion a turn, or use him to support the crew with blood poisoning and/or rancid transplant this turn?

I definitely like McMourning on pressuring the enemy. That typically involves killing and/or hitting things. He's the last one I want to use Blood Poisoning as a healer with, especially since the chihuahua is so damn good at it!

Rancid transplant I see primarily as a mobility tool (On your heels > doctor's orders = huge movement).

Though I do like using Doctor's Orders on others to reposition them as well. It is SUCH a good ability, basically worth an AP.

8 minutes ago, HowNot2Wargame said:

* When you are activating Seb, do you have enough corpse markers and cards to raise dogs, or do you want to create more corpses with his stat 7 melee attack?

I was excited about raising dogs, but with the Gaining Grounds 2 changes they just seem bad? :(

So far I like Sebastian for the shockwaves initially, and supporting with blood poison heals. Then he comes in and does clean up with his stat 7 attack.

I find that if I send him in early, he dies so fast (especially since he can't blood poison himself!)

11 minutes ago, HowNot2Wargame said:

* How much during the game do you want to use Catalyst or blood poisoning? They demand different uses of poison, and how you pump/top up poison on them. Remember Zombie CC has Blood Poisoning as well [and I personally always forget this]!

My entire style is based around using Blood Poison for burst healing so far. I absolutely love it! I'm not generally concerned about poisoning doing damage to my opponents - I prefer to just spam attacks to get the damage on opponents?

I do find Catalyst turn 1 can help with topping up some of the damage that happens from stabbing my own models with pupper and nurse.

12 minutes ago, HowNot2Wargame said:

* Yes how much poison you want by start of turn two is good to figure out.... but how much distracted instead of damage do you want on your opponents by end of turn 2?

This is a good question, I've not found the balance yet. Probably depends on the enemy crew quite a bit, which is always hard to judge with a new crew! Distracted is really good, though.

13 minutes ago, HowNot2Wargame said:

* As much as I love Kentauroi and Flesh Constructs.... when do you expect to use Autopsies,Gassers, and even Dogs as hires (not sure about the last one).

Autopsies I just can't see a competitive use for. Some people like soulstone generation, but I think it is a poor primary reason to hire a model.

Little Gassers I'm in love with. That 3 poison pulse turn 1, followed by scheme running once you tie up their crew? Love it! I think I'll always try to fit a little gasser into my lists.

Dogs I think you would never hire before the summoning changes, but now there's an argument for it. Having a cheap scheme runner to go sort stuff once you've tied up their crew is pretty valuable! But... Why would you grab a dog for 3 stones when you could grab a gasser at 4 stones? Seems a bit redundant (unless you need corpse repositioning).

15 minutes ago, HowNot2Wargame said:

* Yes never leave home without a Nurse, but when would you take two?

I need to try the double nurse lists. On paper it seems super strong, but Tools for the Job gets weaker in multiples so I'm not sure it will work out.

Thanks for your interesting questions!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HowNot2Wargame said:

* Yes never leave home without a Nurse, but when would you take two

I don't play McMourning enough to have a valuable opinion, but I'd be tempted to take two Nurses any time I'm running the Rogue Necromancy.

If you can Tools for the Job a mask you can put extra AP through the Rogue Necromancy's attack with Seduction and Small Favor. The attack gets a - from distracted, but the built in + leaves you with a stat 6 beater attack.

McMourning isn't a bad choice either, if you've stacked injured on something stat 7 gives you a good chance of hitting still, and his discard/injure, Precise and Organ Donor are all not triggers so happen even as a trigger generated action. Er, nevermind Small Favor is Non-Master only. 😐

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've yet to put him on the table but I have invested into a McMourning list that is currently on the painting table.  I am also still a newbie to Malifaux so learning a lot of the nuances of the game as well as Resurrectionists and McMourning in particular.  The list that I have in mind is:

McMourning
Zombie Chihuahua
Rafkin
Mortimer
Asura Roten
Flesh Construct
Kentoroi
Kentoroi
Canine Remains

I looked at Sebastian and Rafkin as falling into the same points band and found that Rafkin offered more to the crew.  He can start next to a few units, activate and concentrate then take a walk action and he has given two free poison tokens to everyone within a 2" pulse of himself.  A kentoroi can then drag him up the field with Ride with me so no board positioning is lost.

Mortimer and Asura are in the list to generate the corpse markers/zombies needed to bring in additional Flesh Constructs, though I am deliberating dropping Mortimer for a Gravedigger and having two soulstones for an upgrade somewhere else (possibly on the Gravedigger for SS generation).  If I did that then the Canine Remains can run the free corpse marker from Recent Funeral into position with the other markers ready for the first Flesh Construct summon.

McM definitely feels like an attrition list with a lot of speed thrown in there for good measure.  I also wouldn't mind some critique for my own list and the ponderings over Raf/Sab and Mort/Digger.

12 minutes ago, bakaryu135 said:

I've yet to put him on the table but I have invested into a McMourning list that is currently on the painting table.  I am also still a newbie to Malifaux so learning a lot of the nuances of the game as well as Resurrectionists and McMourning in particular.  The list that I have in mind is:

McMourning
Zombie Chihuahua
Rafkin
Mortimer
Asura Roten
Flesh Construct
Kentoroi
Kentoroi
Canine Remains

I looked at Sebastian and Rafkin as falling into the same points band and found that Rafkin offered more to the crew.  He can start next to a few units, activate and concentrate then take a walk action and he has given two free poison tokens to everyone within a 2" pulse of himself.  A kentoroi can then drag him up the field with Ride with me so no board positioning is lost.

Mortimer and Asura are in the list to generate the corpse markers/zombies needed to bring in additional Flesh Constructs, though I am deliberating dropping Mortimer for a Gravedigger and having two soulstones for an upgrade somewhere else (possibly on the Gravedigger for SS generation).  If I did that then the Canine Remains can run the free corpse marker from Recent Funeral into position with the other markers ready for the first Flesh Construct summon.

McM definitely feels like an attrition list with a lot of speed thrown in there for good measure.  I also wouldn't mind some critique for my own list and the ponderings over Raf/Sab and Mort/Digger.

Interesting!

In cutthroat metas, I often find 'durdly' lists that spend a lot of cards/actions/stones during the first turn getting set up are vulnerable to the really aggressive lists that start killing from turn 1. So I'm inherently sceptical of the McMourning summon engines (though the fact that it doesn't need a card is amazing).

I don't like Asura for generating corpses as she often has to spend a stone or card to make it happen. That said, I haven't actually put her on the table, just looking at the card (since I don't own her).

I have tried a McMourning summon engine with Reva, and it was almost awesome (since she produces so many free corpses and focus to cancel the distracted), but my opponent ate one of the corpses and I couldn't get the summon off.

In general, I prefer just throwing McMourning into things starting turn 1 and aggresively killing stuff while the rest of my crew does the grindy attrition thing. But that could just be playstyle!

In short, I suggest sticking with what feels right for you, but keep an eye out for if you start to feel behind in turns 2/3 since you spent so much time setting up. Or if during the game you feel Asura and Mortimer aren't doing anything useful, you could just spend those stones hiring two flesh constructs to begin with.

Also, interesting thoughts on Rafkin! I haven't tried him yet because I don't own the model, but it is really hard for me to justify him over Sebastian (with blood poisoning) or a Kentauroi or even a flesh construct.

We once had a thread here where we calculated exactly the most efficient way to get Mourning's summoning running. You might want to search for it. 

It's also of note that in GG2 summoned models cannot interact with 3 out of 4 strategies. This weakens the whole plan, as you put a lot of SS points into support models.

I have only tried it once or twice but I theorize that the best part of Asura is actually the 2xDecay, pseudo obey on a Flesh Construct, accomplice into Flesh. 6 straight AP with 2 of them being possible injured stacking seems like it should have play.

The zombie summon/scheme shenanigans are nice and a unique capability but just have felt like they are too expensive for general play. Maybe you could turn it on with Killer Instinct bearer in a crew making lots of corpses or a different Zombie source.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Graf said:

We once had a thread here where we calculated exactly the most efficient way to get Mourning's summoning running. You might want to search for it. 

It's also of note that in GG2 summoned models cannot interact with 3 out of 4 strategies. This weakens the whole plan, as you put a lot of SS points into support models.

While true it is very unlikely that the summoned flesh constructs will be doing scheme work when they should be getting into people's faces and either punching face or puking face

While I love the model, Rafkin is a hard sell to me. He and Sebastian offer a lot of the same, but Sebastian's Ruthless, HtW, Blood Poisoning (for friendly heals and enemy dmg), and occasional Canine remains seem better. I've found Sebastian's stat7 attack to be very helpful when I'm low on cards.

Rafkin does have Swift Action on his Flask, but unless you get luck on Masks T1, it won't help. Same for his Lucky Knife - it's got good triggers, but he can't stone to guarantee them.  Without HtW Rafkin is going to go down fast for an 8ss model. If he were even 1 cheaper I'd be more inclined.  

I love being able to summon in another Flesh, but you're spending a lot of stones to make that happen. I think Mortimer and Asura may be a bit overkill. You could drop Mortimer all together and stone for Asura's Swift action T1 (assuming you get lucky with 2 crows), then do it again T2 and summon your Flesh on T2 pretty easily. Possible further upfield too.

Asura can be very useful as others have pointed out. I think Mortimer can be too, but Asura just edges him out with her pseudo-obey and Accomplice. If you really want that free corpse, then a GraveDigger is fine too. Saves you points on Mortimer as you say. 

• Agree 1

Okay so I got to play my first game with McM against Shenlong today.  I decided to try out the forum suggestion of Sebastian rather than Rafkin - the short version is that I got tabled and lost 4-3 on VP.

With the opportunity to look back on the game in hindsight there were some poor matchups that I put myself into which combined with the heart of the cards absolutely hating me meant that I was always in an uphill battle.  The lists on the table were:

1 Soulstone Cached..........3 Soulstones Cached
McM....................................Shenlong
Zombie Chihuahua............Aspiring Monk x2
Sebastian...........................Ototo
Sloth...................................Minako Rei
Flesh Construct x2............Shadow Emissary
Kentaroi x2.........................Low River Monk
Little Gasser.......................Charm Warder x2

One flank ended up being McM and Seb facing off against Shenlong and Shadow Emissary, ultimately McM took down the Emissary but the pure amount of healing that he had plus how easy it is for Shenlong to cheese his way out of poison and injured conditions with the hundreds of chi tokens he ends up amassing meant that it was always an uphill battle to take him down.

I had used Sloth to put fast on the gasser and pump out 4x poison tokens to both constructs, McM and one of the Kentaroi which worked out great, but then as I said things went south when I tried to face up to Ototo and Minako Rei instead of concentrating my forces really hurt me.  I also learned just how incredibly annoying 2x Charm Warders are when Shenlong can also get one of them to use Chaos Theory an additional time out of activation.  Lesson learned, focus each warder down as quickly as possible to eliminate that annoying ability from the board, the crew has the speed to do it.

Taking stock I am going to refine my list, dropping the Gasser, Sloth and Sebastian and putting in x2 Gravedigger and Rafkin.  It means no Soulstones spare, but looking at the math the way that Rafkin can smash out odds on 5 poison tokens to a cluster of units (with the potential of 9) and getting a third Flesh Construct summoned and also threatening on the halfway point of the board thanks to the free move from Doctor's Orders to help mitigate slow, another ton of poison counters thrown out from Rafkin and then using the Gravediggers to smash out Blasphemous Ritual for some free focus before you really start going to town on turn 2+ and it feels way more balanced as a force.

• Like 1

@bakaryu135, interesting!

Do you not find McMourning dies a lot easier without some stones to protect him? I generally want him on about 6 health when he activates, so he can get full value of healing up. But to do that safely I generally need stones in case he gets focused.

I definitely agree with the plan to kill the Charm Warders. My initial impression of Shenlong is you get a lot of mileage out of killing all the support models.

Well in the game McMourning was sitting on about 6 poison markers (2 for game start and 4 from the gasser) with both Sebastian nearby and Zombie Chihuahua close enough that he had easy access to Blood Poisoning.  Between that and healing for 2 when he activates (both he and Sebastian have Catalyst and were next to each other in their scrap against the Shadow Emissary and Shenlong) and hitting the dragon in the face three times pretty reliably meant that he was healing 8 on his activation without factoring in blood poisoning or the end phase healing from poison.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bakaryu135 said:

Well in the game McMourning was sitting on about 6 poison markers (2 for game start and 4 from the gasser) with both Sebastian nearby and Zombie Chihuahua close enough that he had easy access to Blood Poisoning.  Between that and healing for 2 when he activates (both he and Sebastian have Catalyst and were next to each other in their scrap against the Shadow Emissary and Shenlong) and hitting the dragon in the face three times pretty reliably meant that he was healing 8 on his activation without factoring in blood poisoning or the end phase healing from poison.

Makes sense!

Only thing is that Catalyst doesn't stack (auras of the same name don't stack), so you can only do 1 with Catalyst. Multiple models can increase the area an aura covers, but never the effect.

1 minute ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Makes sense!

Only thing is that Catalyst doesn't stack (auras of the same name don't stack), so you can only do 1 with Catalyst. Multiple models can increase the area an aura covers, but never the effect.

Good to know, another question that came up too during our game.

McM had hit Shenlong twice and applied three stacks of poison.  He hit him a third time and then Shenlong spent a chi point which when I read the card for his runic tattoos it says that the condition is not applied.  However my opponent said he had checked on the Wyrd forums and it not only stops the +2 poison which would have gone on but also removes the three existing poison tokens already on Shenlong?

1 minute ago, bakaryu135 said:

Good to know, another question that came up too during our game.

McM had hit Shenlong twice and applied three stacks of poison.  He hit him a third time and then Shenlong spent a chi point which when I read the card for his runic tattoos it says that the condition is not applied.  However my opponent said he had checked on the Wyrd forums and it not only stops the +2 poison which would have gone on but also removes the three existing poison tokens already on Shenlong?

So he has two different abilities to do with conditions from what I remember, so having a look at his card...

• Sacred Ink: When this model would gain a condition, it may discard a chi token not to do so.
    • For this one, discarding a chi token only blocks the poison applied when he discards the chi token (so it can negate one attack worth of poison per chi token spent).
    • Each instance of gaining poison is a different instance.
  • Spiritual alignment: transfer conditions from one model to another (to a maximum of 3).
    • This one will end poison on the original target (regardless of how much they have), and then give another target that poison (but the receiving model can only gain up to 3).

So if it is McMourning's activation, I'm pretty sure Shenlong needs to spend one chi per attack if he wants to stop the conditions. Unless I'm missing something on the card.

• Agree 2

Just now, Maniacal_cackle said:

So he has two different abilities to do with conditions from what I remember, so having a look at his card...

• Sacred Ink: When this model would gain a condition, it may discard a chi token not to do so.
    • For this one, discarding a chi token only blocks the poison applied when he discards the chi token (so it can negate one attack worth of poison per chi token spent).
    • Each instance of gaining poison is a different instance.
  • Spiritual alignment: transfer conditions from one model to another (to a maximum of 3).
    • This one will end poison on the original target (regardless of how much they have), and then give another target that poison (but the receiving model can only gain up to 3).

So if it is McMourning's activation, I'm pretty sure Shenlong needs to spend one chi per attack if he wants to stop the conditions. Unless I'm missing something on the card.

Yeah it was the Sacred Ink ability that he was using.  He was letting himself get hit twice, then on the third hit using Sacred Ink.
He said that he checked the wyrd rules forum and it prevented the entire instance of the condition.

I tried searching the rules forum myself but couldn't find any threads answered by a Tyrant that confirmed this.

2 minutes ago, bakaryu135 said:

Yeah it was the Sacred Ink ability that he was using.  He was letting himself get hit twice, then on the third hit using Sacred Ink.
He said that he checked the wyrd rules forum and it prevented the entire instance of the condition.

I tried searching the rules forum myself but couldn't find any threads answered by a Tyrant that confirmed this.

Wyrd doesn't provide any official answers. Even a Tyrant like me is just someone who has spammed the forum with lots of posts 😜

You could always do a fresh thread and have it explained. I'd be surprised if you can find many people who play it that Sacred Ink can negate all three attacks with a single chi.

Malifaux rules require quite a bit of interpreting, so when in doubt, always good to ask on the forums in a fresh thread. Can be a good way to get a neutral opinion on a subject :)

11 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Wyrd doesn't provide any official answers. Even a Tyrant like me is just someone who has spammed the forum with lots of posts 😜

You could always do a fresh thread and have it explained. I'd be surprised if you can find many people who play it that Sacred Ink can negate all three attacks with a single chi.

Malifaux rules require quite a bit of interpreting, so when in doubt, always good to ask on the forums in a fresh thread. Can be a good way to get a neutral opinion on a subject :)

Yeah I just dropped a thread in the rules forum since I a search of "Sacred Ink" literally found no matches besides THIS thread :)

• Like 1

Just now, bakaryu135 said:

Yeah I just dropped a thread in the rules forum since I a search of "Sacred Ink" literally found no matches besides THIS thread :)

He may have gotten Spiritual Alignment confused. Spiritual alignment is similar, and can remove all the poison despite the +3 limit. So I can see how someone would get mixed up.

I have played several games with McMourning and even used him one round in a big tournament pre-Pandemic and don't think I have lost a game with him. A few observations and opinions-

I DO like Sebastian- I take him over Rafkin every time. You lose the start of activation pulse of Poison but getting another Stat 7 model is pretty awesome and he does have all the other things (Catalyst, Perverse) that you take him for. Additionally he is Ruthless so gives you a ready made answer to the things you need Ruthless to deal with.

I like the Rogue Necro as well. He is a baller and with a little gas in the tank at the beginning he will stick around for a while. I also dig the Nurse and 1 x Little Gasser and usually field one of each in my McMourning lists as well. The only problem with them is they usually get left behind after their activation on turn 1. They work best for me in games like Turf and Ley Lines where their is something productive they can do in the back the first couple of turns while the rest of the crew is applying pressure. Typically the Gasser will spam poison first turn, the Nurse will give Painkillers to Doc, and then carry the Stone or Flip the marker.

I do like the Kentauroi and usually field 2 in my crews. 2 x Kentauroi with the Rogue and Doc can make a seriously maneuverable crew that can apply pressure from turn I and quickly position or reposition to attack where you want enabling them to inflict a lot of damage while minimizing what the opponent can do to respond.  

The downside to Doc for me is a feel seriously card pressured every time I play him. I want a card for Doc's Orders, Rams for Critical Strike on Doc, high Masks for the Rogue, sometimes a card for Ambush, and more Rams for Rear Up and always hurt for the lack of card draw in the crew. The Tools help's from the Nurse to get a key card back but it dictates your activation with her and you have to have the card to discard. 

I still like Doc- he just doesn't get a lot of press but is a pretty good Master into Turf, Break the Line, Symbols, and Ley Lines.....he has pushes, resiliency in his crew, maneuverability, etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1