What has been successful for you guys? What does turn 1 look like for everyone? Especially interested in Reva player, what does turn 1 look like for set up? Molly? McMourning? If you find success in your games and think you have a good turn 1 that sets you up for success, I would love to hear it! 

I currently just double pulse out focus to the entire crew (with any master), its nice but I think there might be better out there.

In general, I find pulsing out a bunch of focus slows me down too much. I like to play quite aggressively, so most of my crews only focus the important models.

Molly you've got two engines going that you have to manage.

Activation control engine:

You activate crooligan(s), focus and drop a scheme marker, and then pass to your opponent.

At some point Molly activates and reactivates the Crooligan(s) to gain activation control.

Then with last activation(s), you send a beater in to do something important when your opponent can't respond to it - ideally go attack something in the enemy crew, but sometimes just something like claiming a strategy marker.

Draw control Engine:

When Molly activates, she draws cards, so you want to time her to draw as many cards as possible turn 1. She can also lost knowledge.

A savvy opponent will drain their hand, so you may not be able to abuse this. In some matchups (where you want more cards), you use the necrotic machine to strange behaviour cards into the opponents hand, then you accomplice into Molly for her to draw cards.

This costs activation control, though, so the two engines are always at odds with each other.

Reva I want to abuse the shieldbearers.

So I tend to activate the corpse candles that I plan on killing (to avoid losing activation control), then shieldbearer(s) to pulse focus and bash stuff up the field.

Then I walk a remaining corpse candle near where grave golem will be.

Then grave golem activates and throws the corpse candle somewhere useful. Then at some point in the turn, Reva charges and attacks through the corpse candle.

Seamus I want to setup a kill or disruption with Seamus, so I look for a window for that. Initially I charge him up with focus via the nurse or whatever, and then I send him in when I think the opponent can't retaliate.

You want to do it as early in the turn as you can do safely, but in practice this tends to be end of the turn.

McMourning I'm not sure what the right balance is, but you want to get all your poison stacking done quick so your crew can spread out. It might be the right call in some instances to have more than one poison stacking group so you don't have to bunch up your whole crew.

Getting the nurses activating at the best Tools for The Job time is useful, but you also want them to hand out focus if possible.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1