Not sure if this is the place for it, but are there any ideas/rules for 3 player games? or even just best strats/schemes to facilitate it?

We’ve got an awkwardly numbered gaming group, and rather than leave one person out I’m trying to figure out a way to incorporate everyone.

9 minutes ago, ajay29 said:

Not sure if this is the place for it, but are there any ideas/rules for 3 player games? or even just best strats/schemes to facilitate it?

We’ve got an awkwardly numbered gaming group, and rather than leave one person out I’m trying to figure out a way to incorporate everyone.

You can play double rush with one player controlling two crews, that might work well?

Double rush is in some of the GGs, it is two crews of one master + 10 stones each.

• Like 1

So in case anyone is interested we cobbled some rules together to make it as easy as possible - 

Points - 25 each (master and totems still free). No models more than 9 points (I just feel in smaller point games things like Mad Dog or Riders will be unmanageable)

Deployment - modified Corner deployment (12” corners, spaces between 3 deployment zones moved to create equidistant areas)

Strategy - Turf War (works regardless of positioning, may be a slight advantage to one/two teams with closest markers but that’ll sort itself out)

Schemes - Assassinate, Detonate Charges, Claim Jump, Let them Bleed, Outflank (modified, instead of using centreline [as there won’t be a fair center line with 3 deployments] use middle of table edge and opposite middle of table edge...)

Had to choose those strat/schemes as all others were too dependant on “enemy table half” and obviously that won’t exist in a 3 way game.

Other rules

Pass tokens - generated relative to the player with the most models e.g. player A has 4 models, B has 5 and C has 7. B will have 2 pass tokens, A will have 3 (I think this is the fairest way).

Summoning - same as above, if player A summons then both other players get pass tokens.

Had to sort stuff out mid game (like judging you couldn’t score assassinate unless you did the attack that reduced the master to under half hp/killed them) but it worked really well! Was a lot of fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1