Title wishlist

FrostHunter

Yello to all of you!

I've allowed myself to steal idea of topic from others factions.

What alternative mechanics would you see our TT masters? What kind of rework or changes in playstyle would be great and/or funny?

Maybe crossing with other keywords from other factions?

Ot something else? Like should Huggy became master and Lynch would be his totem?

Edited by FrostHunter
Autocorrect in Polish...
  • Like 2

I was thinking on copying it too, hehe.

I like the idea of exchanging Lynch and Huggy's roles.

As for other ideas, what about a Shenlong focused on one of the styles only? (Because asking for 4 different titles I guess it would be too much, right?). For example a drunk Shenlong that could use Brewmaster's keyword and had drunk themed skills.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vessien said:

As for other ideas, what about a Shenlong focused on one of the styles only? (Because asking for 4 different titles I guess it would be too much, right?). For example a drunk Shenlong that could use Brewmaster's keyword and had drunk themed skills.

I like the idea of where Shenlong is going after he learned first hand what will happen to him when the dragon decides to separate from him.  

I think it’d be interesting to see a title for him that is less combat/damage oriented and more control/buff oriented.  Something to the tune of “I’ve achieved enlightenment and so can you.  Also, here’s som chi.”

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, TheUnseemlyOne said:

I like the idea of where Shenlong is going after he learned first hand what will happen to him when the dragon decides to separate from him.  

I think it’d be interesting to see a title for him that is less combat/damage oriented and more control/buff oriented.  Something to the tune of “I’ve achieved enlightenment and so can you.  Also, here’s som chi.”

And maybe having the dragon as totem? Who would need aspirant students then?

I'm thinking an Asami with a mother bear complex, where instead of summoning, give her a bunch more health and damage output and she jumps in to 'Take The Hit" for other Oni models.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vessien said:

And maybe having the dragon as totem? Who would need aspirant students then?

Students still make sense.  They’re trying to achieve enlightenment too. 

44 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

I'm thinking an Asami with a mother bear complex, where instead of summoning, give her a bunch more health and damage output and she jumps in to 'Take The Hit" for other Oni models.

A Grit ability and a self heal would go well with this. 

49 minutes ago, TheUnseemlyOne said:

Students still make sense.  They’re trying to achieve enlightenment too. 

I know, I just want to see a great mini for the Dragon Tyrant. He could manage to find his other half and be accompanied by an elder Shenlong (maybe enslaved or controled by the Dragon). Somewhat similar to Lynch with Huggy.

41 minutes ago, touchdown said:

I don't think totems will change. It seems like just the master card changes.

I hope they play with the totems too, but I agree with you it does not seem to be the case. Maybe from a balance perspective it is too complicated to do so?

On 4/30/2021 at 6:45 PM, touchdown said:

I don't think totems will change. It seems like just the master card changes.

Well in theory there could be ability on the card allowing such things, but personally i would prefer Lynch to be still a master alternatively builded around control/shephard using brilliance to boost and help others - like he has done in The House Holds, maybe with some buff or debuff mechanic.

Truth, some masters are quite hard to predict their alternatives, i have no clue for McCabe or Youko, which the second one is just too young in fluff/game to have other options.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry about yasunori. He was a pretty normal model, but it's not clear why he was nerfed. Now there is really no defensive mechanics, onslouth. It is not clear why to take it. As a schemrun / antischemrun, it is too expensive. Zero with drawing cards to both players, but inserting holes for yourself is generally nonsense. Zorayda calmly does the same, or the same Molly, without causing herself up to 6-7 wounds. And here not only is it good for yourself, but also for the opponent. In addition, he was raised in value as a full-fledged horse, but he has never been a horse. It is not clear for what the price is, so also for nerfed. Because of this price increase, it cannot be taken even in modes such as double rush and enforcer browl. I would like it to be properly redone in the end, so that it is at least playable, and not just stones to the wind.

• Agree 1

On 5/3/2021 at 1:19 PM, FrostHunter said:

Truth, some masters are quite hard to predict their alternatives, i have no clue for McCabe or Youko, which the second one is just too young in fluff/game to have other options.

What about a summoner Youko, pulling the strings to convoke her hidden agents?

17 hours ago, lug013 said:

I'm sorry about yasunori. He was a pretty normal model, but it's not clear why he was nerfed. Now there is really no defensive mechanics, onslouth. It is not clear why to take it. As a schemrun / antischemrun, it is too expensive. Zero with drawing cards to both players, but inserting holes for yourself is generally nonsense. Zorayda calmly does the same, or the same Molly, without causing herself up to 6-7 wounds. And here not only is it good for yourself, but also for the opponent. In addition, he was raised in value as a full-fledged horse, but he has never been a horse. It is not clear for what the price is, so also for nerfed. Because of this price increase, it cannot be taken even in modes such as double rush and enforcer browl. I would like it to be properly redone in the end, so that it is at least playable, and not just stones to the wind.

I dis not see the pre-nerf Yas, but I like the model and I am looking forward to give it a try. I just do not really find the game it seems reasonable =/

• 1 month later...

But who?

Could Youko summon an army of trained prostitutes?

Would Shenlong keep accepting new students?

Does Lynch's just go to the drunk tank for addicts?

Can Mei Feng build Gamin from scratch?

Will McCabe consolidate all the street gangs?

How would Misaki speed hire so trained Ninjas?

Do we care what Yan Lo does; screw that guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

But who?

Could Youko summon an army of trained prostitutes?

Would Shenlong keep accepting new students?

Does Lynch's just go to the drunk tank for addicts?

Can Mei Feng build Gamin from scratch?

Will McCabe consolidate all the street gangs?

How would Misaki speed hire so trained Ninjas?

Do we care what Yan Lo does; screw that guy.

Well obviously Misaki wouldn't hire trained Ninjas, her existing Ninjas would smoke bomb into battle.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 10:08 PM, FrostHunter said:

Like should Huggy became master and Lynch would be his totem?

I would like to see Huggy become the master and Lynch his totem actually, and it wouldn't be that hard to do. They'd just have to release an alternate title card for both Lynch and Huggy and change The Real Power to an ability that allowed him to only be chosen as a Master in the alternate title step for Lynch. The fact that you can't hire titled versions of the same model would make it so they don't even have to worry about wording it so that Huggy the master couldn't hire Huggy the totem, or Lynch the master couldn't hire Lynch the totem.

11 minutes ago, Jinn said:

I would like to see Huggy become the master and Lynch his totem actually, and it wouldn't be that hard to do. They'd just have to release an alternate title card for both Lynch and Huggy and change The Real Power to an ability that allowed him to only be chosen as a Master in the alternate title step for Lynch. The fact that you can't hire titled versions of the same model would make it so they don't even have to worry about wording it so that Huggy the master couldn't hire Huggy the totem, or Lynch the master couldn't hire Lynch the totem.

They don't need to do nothing, only creating a new Hungering Master and Jokob Totem (henchman) would be enought since you cannot hire twice a model with the same name if It has no Minion (X) abilitie on his card.

38 minutes ago, belorey said:

They don't need to do nothing, only creating a new Hungering Master and Jokob Totem (henchman) would be enought since you cannot hire twice a model with the same name if It has no Minion (X) abilitie on his card.

That would effectively make the Thunders player have to declare their alternate master in the first step which would leave them (maybe) slightly disadvantaged as their opponent would be able to choose from whatever titles they wanted to counter pick them, and if there are more titles released in future it will get worse for Master Huggy. I assumed they didn't want to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see a new Yan Lo keyword, in that he’s regained enough strength for a more youthful body, but his body slowly degrades as the game gets later. Pretty much the opposite as it is now. I just think the complete 180 in playstyle would be neat!

• Like 1