Outcast titles speculation and wishlists

touchdown

20 minutes ago, Da Git said:

I didn't think any named characters died. Just some ronin named for the story and a bunch of nameless mercs.  Big Jake was injured. They mentioned a doc being in the gut of a big lizard, but I think that's just a generic doctor rather than Mitchell as Parker isn't mentioned in that story at all and the Doc was on the Hanging Tree Heist (that'd make an awesome movie title or band name!).

Oh, generic doctor? That's cool then. 

On 7/21/2021 at 6:24 PM, Da Git said:

I didn't think any named characters died. Just some ronin named for the story and a bunch of nameless mercs.  Big Jake was injured. They mentioned a doc being in the gut of a big lizard, but I think that's just a generic doctor rather than Mitchell as Parker isn't mentioned in that story at all and the Doc was on the Hanging Tree Heist (that'd make an awesome movie title or band name!).

If Big Jake died, wouldn't he just come back anyway?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I think over half the new titles are revealed now (total). Any last guesses for the rest of Outcasts?

I think Parker and Misaki get paired. They're both in the Malifaux Burns trailer and share a model already.

Likewise, Leve and Von Schtook shared a model and a theme of undead + construct. VS has been spoiled but not the shared model, so it's still open.

Hamelin I think is going to get a Bayou pair. I don't have any evidence for this, just pure hunch. I'm thinking a vermin/pig model. He and Ulix also got hit pretty hard with the replacement nerf so maybe something that works around that.

Daw and Zipp, I have no freaking idea.

1 hour ago, aquenaton said:

I am quite shocked that Outcasts got the least reveals (Bayou got quite a few towards the end) so there are still many potential surprises.

Do you think Leveticus will get his Horse back? That was the first idea of an "alternative master" that crossed my mind, but the time passed and no master got new keywords. What do you think?

Still holding out hope for the horseman list but it seems unlikely at this point. As you said, no other masters have expanded their keywords so giving Levi the ability to hire horseman would be quite unique.

While I absolutely love the idea, I do think it would need to be carefully considered. Giving Outcasts access to all four riders could open up a lot of potential problems.

The only way I could see it is if it forced Levi to hire all four horseman and nothing else (except upgrades). Limiting the potential cross contamination to only this list.

5 hours ago, touchdown said:

I think Parker and Misaki get paired. They're both in the Malifaux Burns trailer and share a model already.

Parker and Misaki already sharing a model is exactly why I think they'll avoid that pairing.

I want to see the new Parker paired with Seamus, their shared model being an undead saloon gal.

Edited by Thangoruin
Clarification
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Thangoruin said:

Parker and Misaki already sharing a model is exactly why I think they'll avoid that pairing.

I want to see the new Parker paired with Seamus, their shared model being an undead saloon gal.

They've double on paired models with Mei and Mah, and they've double with shared condition/marker with Kaeris and Reva. So I think Misaki will either be paired with Parker or Ivan.

Love the undead Saloon Girl though. Give Seamus a run'n'gun model that can keep with him, and maybe some kind of corpse-scheme marker conversion to help each crew.

• Like 1

Kaeris with Pandora (Iggy) 

Asami with Brewmaster (Akaname) 

Sonnia with Nexus (Spelleater) 

Jedza with Euripides (The Damned) 

Lord Cooper with Titania (Malisaurus) 

Marcus with Basse (Paul Crockett) 

Colette with Maxine (Harata Ngaatoro) 

Brewmaster with Shenlong (Fermented River Monk) 

There's lot of masters with shared models wich haven't bee paired, Mei Feng and Mah are the exception, not the rule. 

I think a good fit for Hamelin would be Jakob Lynch. 

Agree with Leveticus being best suited with Von Schtook, although Titania would also be a good partner in his box. 

Parker Barrows would fit greatly with Basse. 

And Zipp... I have no f****ing idea. EDIT: Zipp with Misaki, because Flying Pirate Ninja Gremlin sounds right to me. 

• Haha 1

I think that Horseman Levi is possible. I recall one comment in AWP that Levi players should buy horses and it was removed later. Question is - was that true or someone bashed troll for spreading rumors? 

As for pairing, after McCabe and McMourning (both have Mc) nothing can surprise me. Maybe guild guard who was bandit or inside man for Parker? 

3 hours ago, Zebo said:

And Zipp... I have no f****ing idea. EDIT: Zipp with Misaki, because Flying Pirate Ninja Gremlin sounds right to me. 

That would be pretty cool, but I'm going to guess Zipp will be with Euripides if only to give Zipp a completely different type of creature on his ship. He's got gremlins, humans, pigs, and a silurid. Why not a rock (or piano) throwing ogre to join the crew? 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Thatguy said:
3 hours ago, Zebo said:

My guess is Euripides with Rasputina, wich would have all the sense. 

I honestly think the pairings must have been picked from a hat. I would have sworn Mcmourning and the only other poison Master Brewmaster would end up sharing a model. 

Looking at the mcmourning + brewmaster cards, while they both use poison, it really feels like wyrd is trying to keep 'booze poison' and 'poison poison' separate, which ... i guess helps explain it....?  But I'm no where near focused enough on the fluff differences and just want my poison masters to get crossover models! ha.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I honestly think the pairings must have been picked from a hat. I would have sworn Mcmourning and the only other poison Master Brewmaster would end up sharing a model. 

Actually, when I think about the theme, it would be very hard to try and tie in the drinking theme of Tri Chi poison with the medical theme of Experimental poison. 

Shojo looks very much like a Tri chi model and I don't think he would see as much play if he was experimental rather than Tri Chi.

Likewise the Corpse Curator doesn't feel like it would fit a Tri chi group (even though they would probably love Hazardous Poison)

1 hour ago, Adran said:

Actually, when I think about the theme, it would be very hard to try and tie in the drinking theme of Tri Chi poison with the medical theme of Experimental poison. 

The first thing that sprang into my head was Snake oil salesman. Medicinal Compound, efficacious in every case!

1 hour ago, Adran said:

Shojo looks very much like a Tri chi model and I don't think he would see as much play if he was experimental rather than Tri Chi.

Likewise the Corpse Curator doesn't feel like it would fit a Tri chi group (even though they would probably love Hazardous Poison)

Yes. But different crossovers would mean different crossover models. To be honest

With Tanuki, Fermented River Monks and now Shojo bring TT it and like they're trying to suck Brewmaster back in. Surprised She long want the cross over either. Qi would have been pretty far down my list of guesses. 

Like performer and woe. Definitely would have guessed Performer and Qi first.

My general point is that, for a lot of the pairings, it seems more like a random pairs were picked then an enforcer designed to bridge the themes rather than picking Masters that already have similar themes to be boxed together. 

• Agree 1

I'm more into "sensible crossover character" Than into compatible mechanics. 

A monster from the iced mountains fits extremely well in both Rasputina and Eurípides, to the point I'm really shocked they still haven't any shared model. 

For example, somekind of low-street thug that smuggles some kind of substance of doubtful origin that makes no good would be a union point for Hamelin and Jakob Lynch. 

I wouldn't be surprised with some outlaw living in the wasteland working for Parker and/or Basse. 

Some ancient undead neverborn related to the Abominations may perfectly be following Titania or Leveticus. 

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

The first thing that sprang into my head was Snake oil salesman. Medicinal Compound, efficacious in every case!

Yes. But different crossovers would mean different crossover models. To be honest

With Tanuki, Fermented River Monks and now Shojo bring TT it and like they're trying to suck Brewmaster back in. Surprised She long want the cross over either. Qi would have been pretty far down my list of guesses. 

Like performer and woe. Definitely would have guessed Performer and Qi first.

My general point is that, for a lot of the pairings, it seems more like a random pairs were picked then an enforcer designed to bridge the themes rather than picking Masters that already have similar themes to be boxed together. 

Some so far have been pretty far out... but honestly I'm fine with that, for 2 reasons

1. If all of the 'logical' ones were paired up, the remaining ones may be even more illogical than the ones we've seen
  2. A lot of the logical ones already have crossover models

For me, the second point is why I'm pretty happy that some of these pairings are beyond strange.  While McMourning / McCabe is still a head scratcher, it at least makes me excited to see something new that bridges those 2 keywords in interesting ways.  Comparatively, seeing another Mei / Mah crossover model just made me say 'great another tricksy/foundry model, put it on the pile of the rest of them that work better in one keyword or the other'

• Like 2