Outcast titles speculation and wishlists

touchdown

Given the new abilities of Kirai and Sonnia, I wouldn't be surprised if Von Schill got an aura that let models attach upgrades to themselves somehow. Not saying that would happen, but giving how Kirai's summoning changed, it's not out of the question.

13 hours ago, Greatfrito said:

A simple change to Zipp would be to shift his attacks and Piano-marker-dropping actions around a bit.  

All he gets is the ability to interact; everything else is exactly the same.

17 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

All he gets is the ability to interact; everything else is exactly the same.

Nah, that's all he can do. Walk and Interact. Maybe Dark Bargain for a Bonus.

His sole ability is Don't Mind Me

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Looking at the new Dreamer title, it occurred to me they could do something similar with the Viks. Perhaps they start with just one on the table with the other buried and have a mechanism to unbury. Perhaps it's a a health-related trigger such as when Vikky gets to half (with more boxes of course) unbury other Vik in base. If it kills a model, bury it and heal original Vik. It would be interesting to see decisions by both players around a mechanism like that. Do I try and take her down and risk they other popping out? 

I would like to see again a less-supporting and more beater Von Schill M2E Style, but well done. 

Maybe with a Chesterfield-type shotgun and gunfighter like Basse, and a couple of nice triggers. Special ammunition, for example. Like extra blast, no blast and ignoring armor, or incendiary bullets. 

47 minutes ago, Zebo said:

I would like to see again a less-supporting and more beater Von Schill M2E Style, but well done. 

Maybe with a Chesterfield-type shotgun and gunfighter like Basse, and a couple of nice triggers. Special ammunition, for example. Like extra blast, no blast and ignoring armor, or incendiary bullets. 

Basically you want another Mad Dog 😂

5 hours ago, Giovanni Canzanella said:

Basically you want another Mad Dog 😂

Mmm the inly thing both would have in common is a shotgun, Mad Dog isn't a man/monster Hunter capable of soloing and doesn't have the mobility of Von Schill. 

In fact, I want the return of his pseudo-From The Shadows, although maybe I was the only one paying for that upgrade in M2E. 

My configuration used to be from the shadows, the old upgrade that allowed you to declare an action against models out of LoS and The Shirt Comes Off. 

A few might... I could see a special totem rule on certain titles, or no totem rules!

Like if Hoffman suddenly becomes a giant Sz 4 anime mech, they may decide to not let the attendant off balance that.

Also, Parker's totem might be dead in canon, they could go forward that way the "experienced" Parker has no totem, L5R style.

1 hour ago, trikk said:

No faction should have access to 2 Mad Dogs :D

I think your predictive text was faulty. I assume you meant to write

"Guild faction should have access to 2 Mad Dogs :D". 

Its relatively easy to add an ability preventing the model from hiring a totem, but so far the 4 titles we have seen haven't mentioned anything about the totems, so they get the same totem (baring a rules update)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Adran said:

I think your predictive text was faulty. I assume you meant to write

"Guild faction should have access to 2 Mad Dogs :D". 

Its relatively easy to add an ability preventing the model from hiring a totem, but so far the 4 titles we have seen haven't mentioned anything about the totems, so they get the same totem (baring a rules update)

Well, two of the models mention summoning a totem, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are some funky approaches to the totems.

But not being able to hire a totem would probably still surprise me a little bit.

I'll wishlist the Outcast masters I play.

Hamelin the Locus - Has an ability to place Plague Pits (Hazardous Blight +1, Severe) and can summon out of them.

Jack Daw Ensouled - 12 wounds, can Torment friendly models, more support oriented movement shenanigans.

Tara the Insatiable - Has an upgrade mechanic similar to Marcus' where you start with the basic Obliteration minions and ramp them up... not sure how that would work but it sounds fun and calls back to her upgrade nonsense in 2e.

I think he died in the fight with Titania; the fight is in Neverborn while the aftermath is in Outcast.

Granted, he may not be dead, but they left him behind.

3 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

I think he died in the fight with Titania; the fight is in Neverborn while the aftermath is in Outcast.

Granted, he may not be dead, but they left him behind.

I didn't think any named characters died. Just some ronin named for the story and a bunch of nameless mercs.  Big Jake was injured. They mentioned a doc being in the gut of a big lizard, but I think that's just a generic doctor rather than Mitchell as Parker isn't mentioned in that story at all and the Doc was on the Hanging Tree Heist (that'd make an awesome movie title or band name!).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fire5tone said:

I think the outcast book mentioned doc talking to Earl, so I believe he's fine

Wow, talk about a party of damned.

"It's terrible, every time I think about leaving, he threatens to shoot me!"
"Cry me a river, doc. Even when I'm doing my job, that guy *points at First Mate* keeps trying to eat me!"