Resser title wishlist

Any title wishlists for resser masters? I'd like to hear everyones ideas! Personally Sebastian Baker upgrade from 2nd edition popped in my head for Seamus, giving him the performer keyword as well. I'm not sure how strong it would be, but its a fun idea. Swirling Spirits Kirai also pops to mind. Do you think Dead mans hand will be touched?

We need a new VS so he can immediately be overpowered again.

Jack Daw with 12 health.

Reva alt has to be a summoner of Lampads.

Molly... Will lose her card draw and her double activations and probably be a beater. It will go against everything I stand for, and there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Seamus will turn into a distraction summoner if Reva isn't a summoner.

McMourning will be... Funky?

Yan Lo will start out powerful from turn one instead of having the ancestor path, with no rebuild corpus. Probably "Yan Lo reborn" or something.

Kirai will be a really bad non-summoner, since her keyword sucks as hires, or she will be strong with OOKs and versatiles?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

McMourning will be... Funky?

Okay, hear me out:

McMourning gets the the Asylum keyword loses Catalyst and  something like: Enemy models that activate within 4" that have Poison 3 or greater gain Staggered.

20 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

OH MY GOD, OR THEY JUST KEEP MOLLY AS SHE IS AND SLAP THE REDCHAPEL KEYWORD ON HER IN ADDITION TO FORGOTTEN!!!

Home again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Okay, hear me out:

McMourning gets the the Asylum keyword loses Catalyst and  something like: Enemy models that activate within 4" that have Poison 3 or greater gain Staggered.

Home again.

Crazy. Only 1 resser master has asylum connections. This is Seamus, now he could get the asylum keyword. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Adran said:

Crazy. Only 1 resser master has asylum connections. This is Seamus, now he could get the asylum keyword. 

Honestly I think all the resser masters could reasonably spend some time in the Asylum.
Nico was the last, mostly sane, master we had.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Honestly I think all the resser masters could reasonably spend some time in the Asylum.
Nico was the last, mostly sane, master we had.

Well yes, necromancy is not for the sane, but Seamus is the only one that we know has spent time an asylum.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yan Lo will start out powerful from turn one instead of having the ancestor path, with no rebuild corpus. Probably "Yan Lo reborn" or something.

Nah, he'll start off the ultimate alpha-striker and get progressively worse as the game goes on... Title is of course Old man Yan! One of his actions is Get off mah lawn! Target is pushed away from this model as far as possible! If it ends the push less than 6" away, it suffers X damage where X is equal to 6 minus the turn number. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For Von Schtook, I don't have any clear idea but I would at least like to see an action themed around the whistles that he uses in the stories to call or direct his student.
Maybe something making them move, or charge.

For Molly, maybe something themed around the influence of the Gorgon on her? Making her have a more direct, attack spell vibe to it?

• Like 1

I did do that. Still have my zombie Showgirls. Was using them as proxies for Dead Dandies until the actual models came out. Doubtful they are going to do that, crossing keywords could be a balance nightmare. Would certainly be cool in a world they could make that work however. If I had to guess, I'd suspect he still is a scary killer he just trades super solo gunner for crew dependent slasher.

• Agree 1

So theme is already existing stuff in version 2.0?

Well, Mortuary is still lacking a master and Mortimer could be promoted... Dreamer e.g. is a summoner but Nightmare the beater. I imagine Mortimer being a rather weak master, producing (walking) corpse markers, a light buff and swinging his melee shovel when necessary. Kind of like he is now, but geared to work in tandem with his totem: Vulture + Nicodem's soul could be a delicate totem but the "true" caster/master, which can summon and/or upgrade zombies, kind of like swines work in Bayou. Maybe mark opponents to become zombies once they die?

On 4/28/2021 at 10:55 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

This is a great idea. I like letting masters have access to new keywords as part of the rework!

I'm not Resser player, i'm here for fun, but i think too that access to new keywords would be great. Question - how would it be connected with the fluff (and new models?) as reworks would be masę around past things or also new events that are waiting behind the corner?

McMourning - gain option hiring Beast and Field surgery mechanic that would allow him tossing upgrades, maybe some dog summoning? His niece is working with Marcus and why he shouldn't create some more Rogue Necromancylike things?

Seamus with Performers?

Molly with Journalist?

VS with Academic?

Edited by FrostHunter
Autocorrect in Polish...
  • Like 1

Any glorious ideas how Jack Daw could work with an alternative version? They said they don't want to change playstiles radically, so I think he should still curse and wreck faces. But I would like to see him less in his beater/ankerpoint role, but more supportive. I remember a story when Jack didn't do much but let his host of angry spirits attack everyone around him. Maybe rampt up his single target movement abilitiy to an area effect? Add a trigger somewhere, which allow free attacks for Tormented minions? He could lose his AOE debuff for that, maybe execute and/or his own teleport in exchange? I also would love some kind of condition heal, as conditions are a huge bane for him and makes OOK hiring mandatory, but I don't want to hope for too much...

Since we talk about different keywords (as unlikely as that might be), I always though a good portion of Revenant models fit him quite well in terms of style (not rules necessarily though). Restless Spirit, Mourners and Lampads easily fit the "angry ghosts" theme.

14 minutes ago, Graf said:

Any glorious ideas how Jack Daw could work with an alternative version? They said they don't want to change playstiles radically, so I think he should still curse and wreck faces. But I would like to see him less in his beater/ankerpoint role, but more supportive. I remember a story when Jack didn't do much but let his host of angry spirits attack everyone around him. Maybe rampt up his single target movement abilitiy to an area effect? Add a trigger somewhere, which allow free attacks for Tormented minions? He could lose his AOE debuff for that, maybe execute and/or his own teleport in exchange? I also would love some kind of condition heal, as conditions are a huge bane for him and makes OOK hiring mandatory, but I don't want to hope for too much...

Since we talk about different keywords (as unlikely as that might be), I always though a good portion of Revenant models fit him quite well in terms of style (not rules necessarily though). Restless Spirit, Mourners and Lampads easily fit the "angry ghosts" theme.

That'd be really cool if Daw was a support master! I love support masters and love his keyword, so that'd be an auto-buy for me.

I think it'd want to be something mobility based, right? And also if he doesn't have to eat cards with discard, his crew will have a lot more cards to work with?

100% mobility based. Many ghost stories and especially movies describe/show their entities rushing through ruins, old halls, graveyards. Like a storm of ethereal plasma. That feeling is what I wish for in Tormented 2.0.

If they increase his life pool, they could also kick his "discard when damaged" and potentially his "draw cards for curses" abilities, making room for other cool stuff. Might make him a bit less challenging to play against. Not sure if I want this or regard it as necessary, but I would be open for it.

• Like 2

Molly will lose constructive criticism and her two card draw abilities, completely altering the identity of the crew.

In exchange, she will become a Don't Mind Me scheme runner like Nellie (and can be backed up by crooligans).

That's my primary prediction.

Secondary prediction is she can use the Gorgon's powers to resurrect things, either summoning models or re-summoning stuff that already died?

7 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Just wanted to commend you on your foresight. 

Also if you have any stock tips to give that would be cool.

thank you thank you, I'll be here all week! (more like all edition) yeah I figured they would make an ability on this, I remember the days of old when launching a fast Izamu the armor at the end of turn 1 thanks to this move. Its iconic, they had to bring it back. I'll share my takes on the ability in the card discussion thread.

Spoilers: I think its probably the most efficient turn 1 action on her card.