New Sonia Title

Thatguy

The number one thing I value in high-investment models is the ability to switch gears and have high-impact activations regardless of what I have in hand. All Sam needs is a 5 and another weak and he will get meaningful work done fighting. If you don't even have that all he needs is a 5 to interact 12" away or interact twice.

Yes, he's squishy, but I rarely lose him because he kites so well.

• Agree 1

Played Sonnia 2 for the first time against Titania 2 with Samantha Thrace (Dashel) as second master, with the Dispatcher. Hires were a Thrall, two Stalkers and a Handler. The Fae came on with two Autumn Knights, Malisaurus Rex, Waldgeist, the Boar and Serena Bowman. 

The strategy was Carve a Path. 

Nearly got taken out in round 1, thanks to the Boar's ability to leapfrog via Titania's markers, but the Dispatcher survived (Samantha took the hit) and after that enough reinforcements arrived to hold the flank (Warden + Hound, Sergeant, Executioner).  The Rex eventually broke through the centre (pyre markers were useful to slow it down) but was taken down by the Thrall and Executioner. Meanwhile Sonnia set things on fire, until most of them were dead. 

(With movement enhanced by the Handler, the Stalkers punted a strategy marker downfield.)

Not sure I'd do it again as there are so many in-keyword options (it was mainly the "romance" of putting Sonnia and Samantha on stage together that motivated me) but it was interesting and fun. 

• Like 2