2021 Monthly Painting Challenge - May

Caedrus

On 5/1/2021 at 9:54 AM, Engorn said:

As I said in the April's post, this is (at least) what I'm going to paint on May.

9G2R1k4.jpg

@Caedrus I did paint only the vatagi huntsmen and the crypsis corps. Malisaurus rex is deayed (again) to june.

UU0BMlU.jpg

nqPaqXX.jpg

So...

18ss for the three vatagi huntsmen

14ss for two crypsis corps

Thas a total of 32ss on May.

I really hope to paint more in June. I'm painting less a less soulstones each month...

• Like 7

I finished the last three Empire Dragoons for my King's Empire army.  That's 30ss for the month. I have to wait on @Stranglelovefor some picture later today. I have no idea what I'm doing for June. I really want to do more stuff for The Other Side. My army is slowly coming along.

PS As always some great stuff across the board!

@Diddick- absolutely love your Dwarf engineer. Makes me think of Paul Bonner illustrations.

@astapable - really dig your style of highlights on Gremlin skin. Super smooth and brown is really well used for deep shadows. The swamp spirit on Bokor is just amazing.

@Ja9nge - very nice clean paintjon and those edge highlights really make them pop

@Cats Laughing- I like the choice of colors for this Tengu

@Engorn - love the vivid colors on the Vatagi and Corps. Super crisp work on the highlights too

@Vessien - very nice realistic colors on the Tanuki

@bedjy - metallics look amazing, rich and saturated colors. Lucious and his crew look great too

I just realized I still haven't posted pics of the Gamin I painter early in May. Here they are - 23 soulstones

gamin001.jpggamin002.jpg

I also managed to finish three Dinos which makes it a total of 53 soulstones for the month of May.

Some more pics below.

malisaurus-001.jpgmalisaurus-002.jpg

malisaurus-003.jpgmalisaurus-004.jpg

malisaurus-005.jpgmalisaurus-006.jpg
malisaurus-007.jpg

@Caedrus- hope these count as completing the Base challenge :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Viruk said:

@Diddick- absolutely love your Dwarf engineer. Makes me think of Paul Bonner illustrations.

@astapable - really dig your style of highlights on Gremlin skin. Super smooth and brown is really well used for deep shadows. The swamp spirit on Bokor is just amazing.

@Ja9nge - very nice clean paintjon and those edge highlights really make them pop

@Cats Laughing- I like the choice of colors for this Tengu

@Engorn - love the vivid colors on the Vatagi and Corps. Super crisp work on the highlights too

@Vessien - very nice realistic colors on the Tanuki

@bedjy - metallics look amazing, rich and saturated colors. Lucious and his crew look great too

I just realized I still haven't posted pics of the Gamin I painter early in May. Here they are - 23 soulstones

gamin001.jpggamin002.jpg

I also managed to finish three Dinos which makes it a total of 53 soulstones for the month of May.

Some more pics below.

malisaurus-001.jpgmalisaurus-002.jpg

malisaurus-003.jpgmalisaurus-004.jpg

malisaurus-005.jpgmalisaurus-006.jpg
malisaurus-007.jpg

@Caedrus- hope these count as completing the Base challenge :)

Amazing crew! Really like all 3 Malisauruses, they look bright and alive.

Also appreciate your reply to my work, thank you a lot!

• Like 2

@Caedrus 46SS done for May

Well I finally managed to finish my Electrocutioners! 

ak25Jsg.jpg

eTrYMLT.jpg

WPNFtnh.jpg

x7GFAhn.jpg

...and one Dead Outlaw...

NZV5hyz.jpg

I painted one of the electrocutioners in April, hence the 46SS total.

I didn't manage to do anything for the basing challenge - I'll just have to promise myself that I'll properly base my Abyssinians once I've got a 1-commander company painted up. ;) 

• Like 6

Hi there, reporting *very* late, but my pledge for this month was in the "flowers & showers" painting competition, and couldn't share it while the voting was still ongoing.

On this occasion i submitted one entry on each category:

My diorama "Whack-A-Moleman" got 1st place in the diorama category 🙌

DgT7Mo0.jpg

And my thunder archer ended up 4th on the single miniature category, not bad at all, given the amount of amazing works people submitted in this category too:

OTjjuTO.jpg

• Like 6

May was my Mulligan as it was a rather busy month for me with only so little time for hobby. Wasn't even able to start my Middara heroes... Shame. 
I hope to be able to Buy Back in July, though.

And I am absolutely looking forward to bring more Rezzer models as I plan to "finish" Rezzers before 2022. 

• Like 2