Are you going to try a new master in GG2?

Angelshard

Wonder if people are going to try something new for GG2.

Personally I've had my eyes on frontier for a while and I'm  finally getting the last models for the keyword soon. 

I think their mobility, extra deployment and the option of putting traps next to strat markers could be quite strong in this season. 

Also can't wait to try out the new Reichart and the worm.

Been focusing on lucius during GG1 and I need to try something away from my bubble crew Gunline. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, admiralvorkraft said:

I'll keep playing Family and Elite as the only Guild keywords that really interest me. Maybe splash Journalist if I stumble into the models I'm missing.

Unless the TOS Sonnia starter has an alternate Title that gives her real terrain manipulation again, in which case I'd play her again. But that's just wishful thinking.

Umm dude. Are you psychic? Waldo's Weekly just dropped...

• Haha 1

In my last game (LJ vs Molly), I found out that DM are good models for the BTL strategy and B&S scheme. So I might taking them in the future. Perdita with new push mechanic might become a little better but I think focus nerf is too big for her to play against better opponents. OG Sonnia won't play this GG either. Hoffman, Dashel & Basse will definitely still play. Nellie might pop out even more thanks to Focus nerf. LJ likes new GGs, summoning nerf really made her keyword a little bit better. I won't speak about Lucius 'cause I don't have enough experience.

I honestly think errata and GG2 has helped family more than hurt them. The focus stack hurts a bit, but not as much as other crews, since you can still top it up out of activation and all their pushes have become more versatile. 

Also there's less focus on the models trying to kill you,so models like monster hunters and Santiago could stay around longer. 

I can see target practice being used more. I know people generally try to put down their scheme markers late, but shooting the marker away from an out flanking model sounds like a ton of fun. 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Angelshard said:

I honestly think errata and GG2 has helped family more than hurt them. The focus stack hurts a bit, but not as much as other crews, since you can still top it up out of activation and all their pushes have become more versatile. 

Also there's less focus on the models trying to kill you,so models like monster hunters and Santiago could stay around longer. 

I can see target practice being used more. I know people generally try to put down their scheme markers late, but shooting the marker away from an out flanking model sounds like a ton of fun. 

Issue is not with the Focus limit, it's with Distracted gutting literally over half the damage of this crew. It kind off forces you to take Santiago to remove such thing as also gives focus but for 8ss model you are better with Steward to do the job.

15 hours ago, Angelshard said:

@Filox I guess I just haven't played against that many distracted masters, I do usually bring steward or Santiago anyway, so I don't know if it's that much of an issue. 

Well, most of the Family Models are bad/inneficient. I found Santiago being useless 90% of the time. 

@Filox I find most of the family models are quite solid and efficient.

Perdita and Francisco are great models.

Nino, papa, abuela and monster hunters are solid pics, if you have a plan for them.

The nephilim is fine after it got card draw, still nothing to write home about, but no longer something you try to get rid of. 

Santiago is in a funny spot. He tries to be a damaging support piece that doesn't really  do any of those roles well. 

Pistoleros I don't know what to do with, I just can get them to work. 

But thats still most of the keyword being solid models, at least in my opinion. 

• Agree 2