Terracotta Warrior and McCabe

Hooloovoo

Question

If the terracotta warrior were to use "Just Like You" on a wastrel model would it use the TN printed on the card or the reduced TN as a result of McCabe's Adventure Awaits.  Since Adventure Awaits directly alters the actions TN it would be as if the printed value was lower and would effectively negate the stat penalty the warrior has when taking that action.  Also, if that is how it works then enemy obeys targeting a wastrel model would also gain the benefit.

4 answers to this question

9 hours ago, muraki said:

Id say no, because it doesn't change the printed tn of the action and the change only happens for friendly wastels.

It says “reduce the TN of Actions on friendly Wastrels by 2”.  It doesn’t say that it only happens for the Wastrels.

So it looks like it should apply to anyone copying the action.

15 minutes ago, regleant said:

Terracotta isn’t a Wastrel model.  I wouldn’t expect a bonus. 

Is the way I was looking at it, since I read 'reduce the TN of actions on other wastrels' as 'when resolving a TN'ed action wastrels can reduce it by 2' rather than effectively updating the card, which means the TN reduction wouldn't proc until Step F of a duel where you check TNs / Duel totals and at that pt, the terracotta wouldn't be a wastrel to get the bonus.

If someone is looking at it as 'reduce the TN on friendly wastrel cards' thats a bit different and would transfer over, if the TN reduction is getting added to the card like a built in suit or positive that copies over with mimic... but that's a bit meta for me, as it feels like most changes to actions based on actions / abilities get resolved during the duel steps, rather than changing the printed card.  (like if a dopple copied a attack action on a minion within Toshiro's leadership bubble, they wouldn't get the +flip).  Course that particular situation has the 'when taking actions' qualifier, but that's maybe more to get the melee limitation built in....