Terracotta Obey

Jinn

Terracotta Warriors can use Just Like You! to copy Youko Hamasaki's We Own You tactical action and simple duel obey an enemy (with distracted) within 10" with only a 7. With a 7:crow they can generate two pass tokens as well.

I'll have to see how it plays out in an actual game, but this seems really strong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jinn said:

Terracotta Warriors can use Just Like You! to copy Youko Hamasaki's We Own You tactical action and simple duel obey an enemy (with distracted) within 10" with only a 7. With a 7:crow they can generate two pass tokens as well.

I'll have to see how it plays out in an actual game, but this seems really strong.

It does look like a good usage of the Terracota Warriors indeed. This far I was mainly using them with Shenlong to transfer conditions or in Last Blossom with Misaki to Obey and with Ototo Throwing Shadow Markers.

I've got to try this one! Hehe.

4 hours ago, eddy said:

It is super strong. I lost Colette at begining of t3 thanks to enemy spaming We Own You on Harata. Classical NPE skill as you can do nothing about it

I agree it seems powerful, but we are talking about a 4mv 4wd guy, that has to be pretty close to Youko to do this and can be taken out or outmaneuvered. It does not look to me like somethkng you cannot do anything about.

38 minutes ago, Azahul said:

Given how interact heavy the new strat pool is I wouldn't be surprised if a common tactic starts to be to give your own scheme runner Distracted via Youko and then have her and the Terracotta Warriors obey that scheme runner into position. 

A bit clunky, but the fact that you can snag two pass tokens is pretty darn sweet. Especially turn 1, that activation control is really cool.

Wait, Just Like You doesn't give the triggers, does it? Mimic specifically says it copies the triggers, but I think Just Like You only gets the action.

So only Youko can produce the pass tokens, i think.

But I also agree with what someone else said - at 4 health and armor 1 with poor defenses, it is easy for the opponent to remove your engine. EDIT: Not that that should stop anyone. Getting a couple of useless obeys + tying up an elite model that has to spend time killing the warrior is still great value for 4 stones.

• Agree 1

On 4/23/2021 at 10:05 AM, Azahul said:

From memory the Mimic wording is redundant because triggers are part of the action (which is why the Malifaux Child can't copy the Hodgepodge Emissary's heal, it has a trigger that attaches upgrades).

What about the suit? Is it copied?

5 minutes ago, Vessien said:

What about the suit? Is it copied?

Any inbuilt ones are copied, and triggers are copied too. In this case it's just the trigger because there's nothing built in. It copies the action exactly as it is on the target's card but with -2 to its stat, so stat 5 TN 12 in this case.

I noticed that the pass token trigger is after resolving, so any crow will work if you don't care about the pseudo obey.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Jinn said:

Any inbuilt ones are copied, and triggers are copied too. In this case it's just the trigger because there's nothing built in. It copies the action exactly as it is on the target's card but with -2 to its stat, so stat 5 TN 12 in this case.

I noticed that the pass token trigger is after resolving, so any crow will work if you don't care about the pseudo obey.

Thanks!

I am liking this more and more, in Qi and Gong you have also the chance of copying both Bill's tactical actions.

IMG-20210425-092723.jpg

A bit pricey, but it can be worh, specially now that the push away/towards rules are more flexible.

Now, reading ahain the Just Like You!, I have noticed that you can target enemies, correct? 

IMG-20210425-092841.jpg

This opens a lot of new posibilities. It may be risky for it to be at 5'' of the enemy, but is good to have the option in mind. What do you think?

Just now, Vessien said:

Thanks!

I am liking this more and more, in Qi and Gong you have also the chance of copying both Bill's tactical actions.

IMG-20210425-092723.jpg

A bit pricey, but it can be worh, specially now that the push away/towards rules are more flexible.

Now, reading ahain the Just Like You!, I have noticed that you can target enemies, correct? 

IMG-20210425-092841.jpg

This opens a lot of new posibilities. It may be risky for it to be at 5'' of the enemy, but is good to have the option in mind. What do you think?

Yeah they can, I wouldn't usually hire a Terracotta just for that (because they're relatively squishy and slow) but given how much of a bubble this crew builds up and how neutered enemies should be once in it, there is some real potential for stealing some good tactical actions incidentally. Honestly you could probably justify hiring two or three Terracotta Warriors with Youko, although I already find it a challenge deciding what to leave behind out of the Qi & Gong models.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

sorry i haven't played in a while .. but Youko's action isn't once per turn? does it make sense to use it with Terraccotta when you can do it with her? once per turn is now per model?

When you use Just Like You!, it's the model taking the action, not the other model. So each one can do it once per turn.

• Thanks 1