Rasputina in the Mines

Hey all! I'm getting back into Malifaux after a long hiatus. I have a few core boxes and am going to be getting some boxes to make lists. 

Would the Soulstone Miners work well with the December theme? I see that they can move around the map quickly, and they can disrupt movement to boot. Does anyone have experience with this combo?

Soulstone miner works pretty well in just about any crew. It's independence makes it a very attractive model. It's reasonably tough, okay in combat, able to run schemes, and when it's served it's purpose, it's fully content mining for soulstones. You can't really go wrong with including at least one in just about any list

Admittedly, one of it's more compelling reasons for hiring was due to it being a great candidate for the Magical Training upgrade. Since this latest errata, that is no longer possible. However it still has plenty of merit in its own right.

Raspy does tend to stick within her theme mostly. However if you were to venture outside her keyword then I would imagine the soulstone miner being a good option to go with 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

21 hours ago, Jordon said:

Soulstone miner works pretty well in just about any crew. It's independence makes it a very attractive model. It's reasonably tough, okay in combat, able to run schemes, and when it's served it's purpose, it's fully content mining for soulstones. You can't really go wrong with including at least one in just about any list

Just to expand, make sure not to run afoul of not reading "Busy Drilling" though, if you plan on using the pop-up/down abilities.

All four GG2 Strats (partial for Turf War), and a lot of the Schemes require Interacting (either placing Schemes, or messing with Strategy Markers), and while the Soulstone Miner CAN do it, it's very slow at doing so (can't do it on the turn he pops up, can't bury on the turn he Interacts).