Spring Painting Competition - Flowers and Showers

Hobby Wyrd

On 4/22/2021 at 3:48 PM, Hobby Wyrd said:

• Incorporate flowers into the model in a festive manner 
    • Flowers, as in more than one please and used in a way that flows well with the model and theme.

Dumb question but to be on the safe side of things. Does this mean real flowers, or fake ones? Thanks

On 4/27/2021 at 8:24 AM, Zedarrr said:

Another question regarding flowers: do scattered petals count as them, or do we need to use an entire plant?

@ZedarrrI deeply apologize for missing this question! 

How many petals? If it's a Cherry Blossom Festival amount of petals, sure! Just a few rose petals scattered? no. Ultimately, we want those strong springtime themes!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Heya painters! Due to an hiccup on the backend side, someone's DIORAMA entry was uploaded as a "guest." Please reupload through your account so I can make sure it's included. If you are unsure if this is you, feel free to shoot me a message. :)

@Hobby Wyrd: Thanks for making this competition happen! I have a question: I understand that voting is restricted to active forum members, but do entries have the same restrictions? I very much welcome new painters into our forums, but it might be worthwhile to clarify that such new members are eligible to enter!

On 5/17/2021 at 12:16 AM, Caedrus said:

@Hobby Wyrd: Thanks for making this competition happen! I have a question: I understand that voting is restricted to active forum members, but do entries have the same restrictions? I very much welcome new painters into our forums, but it might be worthwhile to clarify that such new members are eligible to enter!

I think is just the voting to avoid the creation of "disposable" vote accounts, if i remember correctly entries had no restrictions in past events 

P.S.: happy to see you're joining the competition!!! 👏 😄

On 5/16/2021 at 11:38 PM, Goldz said:

Hi, I'm new to the forums and would love to enter your contest. Where and how do I upload my entry? do I PM it to Hobby Wyrd or just create a normal forum post?

In the first post there's a link to the galleries "Entries are to be submitted HERE."  You'll see there's 2 galleries, one for each category.

Inside of each gallery you can upload your image.  If i'm not wrong, you will be able to see only your image there, until the voting starts, then the galleries with all the entries will be public.

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2021 at 6:16 PM, Caedrus said:

Apologies for the delay in response! The Contest Rules themselves say that entries only require a forum account to submit an entry, so we have covered that. :)