A positive conversation

Regelridderen

BE ADVISED : this thread has no room for tears, salt, whine or plain negativity in general - that's for the other one.

-

So now we've had our Dream team nerfed, it's time to move on and discuss, how we're going to use them.

Instead I hope to get your insights on, how you will field Dreamer in the future, and in particular within the context of GG2.

Because Dreamer will still be my special little guy in the coming year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, extremor said:

I think I might be leaving the daydream at home and try summoning em. Insignificant models that can’t interact with strategy markers...? Who cares? So I might be leaving AP at Home as well...

I was thinking the same thing. Not being able to summon Stitched frees up room for summoning Daydreams instead. And two of those with AP was 10 stones.

-

I was pondering using AP on Insidious though. They are tough and fast models.

7 minutes ago, extremor said:

I think I might be leaving the daydream at home and try summoning em. Insignificant models that can’t interact with strategy markers...? Who cares? So I might be leaving AP at Home as well...

That's sound like a weird plan... AP daydream are amazing and make Dreamer run smoothly... They're left untouched by this nerf, so why denying yourself one of the big advantages of this keyword?

• Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, SEV said:

That's sound like a weird plan... AP daydream are amazing and make Dreamer run smoothly... They're left untouched by this nerf, so why denying yourself one of the big advantages of this keyword?

Because stiched and insidious were my go to summon. Now with the changes to summoned models I feel like summon daydreams and hiring stiched / madness is wise. 

edit: or hiring spider duo as go to schemers. 

Maybe WW is the true new leader in faction: can summons stiches and still have the full power of LD 😋

Something like this (especially in GG2) :

New Widow Weaver Crew (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  Widow Weaver
Totem(s):
  Mysterious Effigy
    Effigy of Fate
Hires:
  Daydream
    Ancient Pact
  Daydream 2
    Ancient Pact
  Insidious Madness
  Insidious Madness 2
  Bandersnatch
  Vasilisa
  Wicked Doll

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, extremor said:

The issue I see with this plan is that daydreams summoned in base to base with the opponent are very easy to kill.

Remember there are also the Alps, I tend to find these not so little nightmares pretty annoying with their automatic ping+free atack and the neg to the damage.

Also, what about sending the Dreamer to the Fray? If he dies, you lose Vivid Nightmares, I'd like to see more bat tricks from him ^^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SEV said:

Personally I prefer AP on Stitched, to avoid a black joker in a Gamble your Life attack

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, SEV said:

Maybe WW is the true new leader in faction: can summons stiches and still have the full power of LD 😋

Something like this (especially in GG2) :

New Widow Weaver Crew (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  Widow Weaver
Totem(s):
  Mysterious Effigy
    Effigy of Fate
Hires:
  Daydream
    Ancient Pact
  Daydream 2
    Ancient Pact
  Insidious Madness
  Insidious Madness 2
  Bandersnatch
  Vasilisa
  Wicked Doll

A great escape roaster. And for the game malifo can be? They still beat me there.

2 hours ago, Vessien said:

The issue I see with this plan is that daydreams summoned in base to base with the opponent are very easy to kill.

Remember there are also the Alps, I tend to find these not so little nightmares pretty annoying with their automatic ping+free atack and the neg to the damage.

Also, what about sending the Dreamer to the Fray? If he dies, you lose Vivid Nightmares, I'd like to see more bat tricks from him ^^

That's true. I used to play Dreamer much more conservatively. Now with the changes to summoning, I'm more likely to move him forward into the fray for some Cricket Bat action. 

Specifically since I'm going to be strongly tempted to keep his summons buried until after the turn they are summoned. 

When I play Dreamer, I'm going to play exactly the same style that I did in GG0.

Take a list with four elites such as this one:

• The Dreamer
  • Lord Chompy Bits
  • Widow Weaver
  • Serena Bowman
  • Bandersnatch
  • Teddy
  • Daydream - Ancient Pact
  • Daydream 2 - Ancient Pact
  • 7 stones

Stitched are completely unnecessary to this list, since it does so much damage already. I used to summon them to cycle back in severes, but that's irrelevant now. Lucid Dreams was always a small sidenote for this list.

Summoning options include alp, alp + daydream, insidious madness, with alp being the 'go-to'. Even if you have higher cards in hand, you often want to save those for action rather than summons. But if I have like an 11 of masks I'll do the madness, or if I particularly need it.

This style is basically unaffected by the changes.

You said no, salt, but here it comes...

The problem is this above list was still so powerful for casual play that I stopped playing it at the club. So even with the changes, I'm not sure I'd want to play Dreamer casually.

4 hours ago, SEV said:

Yes Elite Dreamer is good. You must be careful with your spider though because if they die, it might be hard to do some of the Strats (I think most often than not you will want to hire a madness as a backup plan).

Good point! I've never had that problem before, but can imagine my opponent might put more work into killign the spiders if summons can't do the strat. Could always swap in Coppelius or Hooded Rider for Teddy or Serena.

16 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

You said no, salt, but here it comes...

The problem is this above list was still so powerful for casual play that I stopped playing it at the club. So even with the changes, I'm not sure I'd want to play Dreamer casually.

That’s kosher salt 😏

-

And I like the elite list. Dreamer has such a great variety in weird enforcers/henchmen and they look great on the tabletop. And with both Dreamer and Weaver, you’ve ample opportunity to throw some minions in to suit your needs. In many ways it simply ignores the changes made to the crew.

A girl, I’ve always liked to sweeten the dreams is Candy.

• Haha 3

I think having some daydreams ready in the new "Break the line" strategy could be very useful. If your opponents model gets close to a marker and you can get it to fail any willpower test you'll have a daydream near a marker. Now, it can't interact with the maker but neither can your opponent if it's engaged with the daydream. 

I think the focus for summoners in general will probably now have to shift from "How can I score points with this summon" to "How can I deny my opponent points with this summon".

1 minute ago, Deathknight Tactica said:

I think having some daydreams ready in the new "Break the line" strategy could be very useful. If your opponents model gets close to a marker and you can get it to fail any willpower test you'll have a daydream near a marker. Now, it can't interact with the maker but neither can your opponent if it's engaged with the daydream. 

I think the focus for summoners in general will probably now have to shift from "How can I score points with this summon" to "How can I deny my opponent points with this summon".

Daydreams can't engage things, but this works well with alps or madness :)

Daydreams can move your models to the markers 

Also agree summons are for denying points now!

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Daydreams can't engage things, but this works well with alps or madness :)

Daydreams can move your models to the markers 

Also agree summons are for denying points now!

Shows you how much I've used Dreamer, the only opponent I've found to play against plays Guild so I avoid picking him, as much as I'd love to play him more. The Jury shuts down Dreamer too easily to even risk it. 

• Haha 1