Ressers in GG2!

Comments made by others before this thread was formed:

@Fetid Strumpet:

Sybelle is definitely better. I'll be fersnookered they actually worked on fixing her. Still not sure she's worth 9 since so much of her value I think is in the distracted change. Need to see how well it works in practice, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Distracted canceling Focus, and her giving it out relatively easily means she really has the potential to be a melee tarpit. Dunno how good that is yet, but it's definitely something.

Me:

Also focus has a limit of +2, but distracted doesn't. So the crew can now target a model with maxed focus and put them on distracted 4 in 1-2 activations. That model is effectively out of the game for a while in terms of combat.

It needs testing, but I think Redchapel just got a LOT stronger. That change to make distracted cancel focus is huge.

@touchdown

You can still assist distracted off, perhaps they created a role for some of the cheap models everyone hates?

Me:

Ohhhh true, that makes it quite doable, good point.

Fetid:

Seduced is a tiny bit stronger now too, since it removes the focus first, then gives the distracted. While it was always good for that in the past, not being able to use focus to still get the bonus flip makes losing the focus first, and then basically getting slow to just burn off the distracted seems a bit better for that action to me?

@Thatguy

Looks like VonSctook and Transmortis got a pretty big shake up.
Any thoughts?

My first reaction was the Necro-Punk Leap nerf and Undergraduates losing By Your Side seems like a pretty huge mobility hit.

@Korrok

They definitely got hit hard. Between that and shaking up the whole Val missile style of play. I still think the keyword will be a top crew still, just need to adjust how you play some. Maybe this will lead to more divergence in the play style and lead to more creative variance? 

Sorry all, I just didn't want people to have to dig through 5 pages of outdated conversation to get to the good stuff  :)

• Like 5

Dunno. I don’t know big the Bete thing was when it first came up. Might have been too recent, or not enough attention was drawn to it. Conversely they could have just decided to see what happens. Worst case scenario it makes her real strong for 6 months to a year and they yank her back later if she’s a problem. Best case, she’s good, hired often, not broken, and they didn’t have to lift a finger. 

Hmmmm. Belles, with Sybelle specifically, seem... not bad? Their Wp attack’s movement trigger seems pretty good if they are near Sybelle and have the neg flip for the defender. Near Sybelle, with the amount of distracted you can probably build up, unexpected ferocity, while it won’t go off often, can be more reliable and somewhat impactful I think?

Need to see how well bubble crews and or tarpits work now, but at least initially it seems closer to getting the results that warrant bunching up, since there are considerable downsides normally to doing so.

1 minute ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Hmmmm. Belles, with Sybelle specifically, seem... not bad? Their Wp attack’s movement trigger seems pretty good if they are near Sybelle and have the neg flip for the defender. Near Sybelle, with the amount of distracted you can probably build up, unexpected ferocity, while it won’t go off often, can be more reliable and somewhat impactful I think?

Need to see how well bubble crews and or tarpits work now, but at least initially it seems closer to getting the results that warrant bunching up, since there are considerable downsides normally to doing so.

Yeah, funnily enough these changes may have been amazing last season.

I still fully intend to test it out. That's quite a bit of power in some models, and they don't need support (like cards from your hand) because their aura sorts out the situation.

Super high on my testing list, I might play them tonight if I don't play McCabe.

25 minutes ago, Mikes said:

Following on from he last thread, the Bete thing wasn't addressed as I I guess it's as in intended. 

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to talk to my TOs and see about getting this adopted as the standard, since it has been left in the game and is RAW. But I'm a bit biased since I play bete 😜

• Like 1

Just want to add That my hot take on the new pool is that I think it's fantastic. It's basically all of the best strats and a new one. The schemes all look pretty viable from first glance and I don't see any easy double ups like claim and mark were together last season. Also adding a scheme marker drop to out flank is exactly what I felt that scheme needed. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Well, my main crew got hit. I guessed it will happen, I just hoped it wouldn't be to much.

Necropunks: Yeah, expected some nerf. Could have been worse, I guess?

Schtook: Wow, that's a LONG list. In a vaccum each change seems reasonable, but I honestly can't tell how bad all of those together will be. Funny enough, I don't care much about Recruitment Drive nerf, simply because I constantly forgot that rule anyway xD. Peer Review feels very expensive now with 9:crow, with all the loops one has to jump through anyway, but not sure. Still willling to give it a try.

Undergraduate: I hate loosing By Your Side. I know, they added Attendant to soften the blow, but trigger on minions... meh. Many cool moves I loved to play with this crew I can throw into the bin now. Undergrads were my boys. I expected a point increase, but taking their teleport away... not happy with it. Really not happy.

Guess I'm okay with Necropunks and possibly even Schtook's long list of nerfs. Not sure how much fun I'm loosing with Undergrad nerf, that bugs me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Graf said:

Well, my main crew got hit. I guessed it will happen, I just hoped it wouldn't be to much.

Necropunks: Yeah, expected some nerf. Could have been worse, I guess?

Schtook: Wow, that's a LONG list. In a vaccum each change seems reasonable, but I honestly can't tell how bad all of those together will be. Funny enough, I don't care much about Recruitment Drive nerf, simply because I constantly forgot that rule anyway xD. Peer Review feels very expensive now with 9:crow, with all the loops one has to jump through anyway, but not sure. Still willling to give it a try.

Undergraduate: I hate loosing By Your Side. I know, they added Attendant to soften the blow, but trigger on minions... meh. Many cool moves I loved to play with this crew I can throw into the bin now. Undergrads were my boys. I expected a point increase, but taking their teleport away... not happy with it. Really not happy.

Guess I'm okay with Necropunks and possibly even Schtook's long list of nerfs. Not sure how much fun I'm loosing with Undergrad nerf, that bugs me.

Sorry Graf, but you're a Molly player now. Come to the one true BYS crew!

Personally I hate the Necropunk nerf as an outsider. Sometimes they'll just flip it whenever they need it, and sometimes they'll flounder doing nothing. At least with Archie he is producing value even on turns he can't leap.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Personally I hate the Necropunk nerf as an outsider. Sometimes they'll just flip it whenever they need it, and sometimes they'll flounder doing nothing.

I fear to say it... but you're propably right. Only reason I never touched Molly were the models, don't like them very much. Maybe it's time to invest in some undead pirates... 😅

Regarding Necropunk: True. I fully expect needing to safe hand cards for them now.

Not sure about Yan Lo changes. I just recently bought the crew and only played them two or three times, they're still on my painting desk. Curious what experienced Ancestor players think about it.

7 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Personally I hate the Necropunk nerf as an outsider. Sometimes they'll just flip it whenever they need it, and sometimes they'll flounder doing nothing. At least with Archie he is producing value even on turns he can't leap.

I'd have preferred they made the flip harder rather than taking the suit away

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Graf said:

I fear to say it... but you're propably right. Only reason I never touched Molly were the models, don't like them very much. Maybe it's time to invest in some undead pirates... 😅

Regarding Necropunk: True. I fully expect needing to safe hand cards for them now.

Not sure about Yan Lo changes. I just recently bought the crew and only played them two or three times, they're still on my painting desk. Curious what experienced Ancestor players think about it.

I think the Yan Lo changes were heavily aimed at the Rebuild Corpus strategies. I think the crew is not as badly hit as Von Schtook? Also an amateur here though.

Try out Pirate Molly with converted models or TOS models!

4 minutes ago, Korrok said:

I'd have preferred they made the flip harder rather than taking the suit away

yeah, although that might have been too weak.

Most complaints I hear about them are around survivability. Just remove the armor and call it a day (or maybe the hard to wound).

2 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I think the Yan Lo changes were heavily aimed at the Rebuild Corpus strategies. I think the crew is not as badly hit as Von Schtook? Also an amateur here though.

Try out Pirate Molly with converted models or TOS models!

yeah, although that might have been too weak.

Most complaints I hear about them are around survivability. Just remove the armor and call it a day (or maybe the hard to wound).

I could have been in board with dropping hard to wound tbh. Also I agree on Yan lo. It was clearly targeted against that specific play style (which frankly I dident play myself) so for me it's not bad. Feels bad for the guys who play him that way but feels like Yan has really been set up to be going off round 3 onward which I feel is the whole point. 

• Agree 1

How are people feeling about Lampads and Toshiro?

The Toshiro change seems decent, just makes the summoning far more niche and now he is there to buff minions.

Lampads... Still seems like they don't really have a defined role? And building in the rams trigger doesn't do much when the COST of the trigger involves them having burning (so you check before the burning is applied).

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Molly is really good in the high mobility, scheming oriented situations. I think there's 6-7 scheme marker schemes, and the strategies are all over the map.

Molly struggles a bit with centre brawls against centre-brawl crews, but I don't expect much of that this season :D

Ah right. I hadn't checked the new schemes and stRats yet. Summoned models being unable tone interact is going to hamper me a bit. I really leaned on the Forgotten Marshall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikes said:

Ah right. I hadn't checked the new schemes and stRats yet. Summoned models being unable tone interact is going to hamper me a bit. I really leaned on the Forgotten Marshall.

Ahhhh true, I didn't even think about that since I don't use the Marshal!

Very sad days for the Marshal, that takes one of his important niches and just destroys them. At least those models can still scheme or do the lodestone, but that's not the same...

2 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Probably. Her and the Ikiryo were one of the more successful master totem integrations in the game in my opinion. Her card, without the Ikiryo, especially with the changes to summoning, seems like not worth it to hire outside of her being the leader. Molly can still tag along with Kirai pretty successfully.

For sure. Effectively it just makes my crew a few stones more expensive (to hire the Molly models) and I don't get Necrotic Machine... Still, probably a decent combo - although without the first turn mega blitz from summoned ikiryo, not sure it is that great either.

dead rider took quite a big hit, i guess it's to limit people taking it in 90% of the list? from 2/3/4 damage track to just 2 for the ultimate? it's a bit too much tbh. if it's 3 damage i can understand that (as it is the middle-ground) or they can just say it like goryo, damage track with a neg flip.

Ikiryo having the summoned card means she's slow (tho she can just shrug it off) and kirai suffers a damage everytime she activates. it's an annoying nerf but thankfully not a big one.

and i keep hearing that yan lo and prof schtook become useless now... feels bad because i just bought both of them during easter sale

• Like 1