Things that weren't include in Errata but should've been

Filox

This Errata is strange, overall it bringed mass NERFHAMMER to all the factions, leaving no survivors. Everybody got hit (let's hope they got hit hard enough to let us triumph as the new best faction), but there few things that I personally found missing.

• Focus was nerfed but Family did not get nothing in return, looking more into new GG2 I can easily say that they might be the worst keyword possible
  • Elite did not get much love either, no buff to Garrote or Lucius itself is kind off strange
  • DMR was untouched, this is actually really strange to me
  • Pine Box is still one of the worst action I've seen in this game

So guys, what are your thoughts about this Errata & GG2. Will Guild be new OP or nothing has changed? Waiting to hear it from you! :D 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Lucius and Nellie get stealth buffs from the Distracted/Focus changes and major buffs from the new schemes. 

Nellie I see but what do you mean about Lucius?

22 minutes ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Family have their best two strats (Turf and Symbols) available so there's that.

I can see Turf War as good strat but if by symbols you mean Symbols of Authority I cannot disagree more

You are free to disagree. I've found that Family is good at protecting the friendly markers and has enough mobility and AP advantage to pick up 2-3 points grabbing enemy markers.

Elite/Mimic is highly dependent on negative twists and other inefficiencies (Boring Conversation, Stealth/Disguised) to stay alive. One of the hard counters to that was efficient Focus stacking. That's now much less of an issue. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

On 4/21/2021 at 3:25 PM, Filox said:
  • Pine Box is still one of the worst action I've seen in this game

Here's my unsolicited hot take. Pine box doesn't need to change. 

The problem is that while stuff like Glimpse the Void and Into the Furnace offers a huge number of potential unbury positions. Models who escape pine are unburied right next to the model that buried them. 

I honestly think that's okay. What Death Marshalls need is more mobility. The models are jumping off coffins like they're spring boards. I think they could use Mv6 and Leap. I mean Leap is good enough for Lady Justice right? The problem isn't Pine Box. The problem is that I can't charge, Pine Box then Leap and Walk their model a foot out of position.

• Agree 2

On the mobility front, M2E Death Marshalls at least had Unimpeded and a 1 ":ToS-Melee: for Pine Box. I also found it more useful when it was an opposed WP check, so you could at least exert some control or force a decent investment from your opponent to get out.

Thallarian Quellers will be staying on the shelf. Like DMR I am surprised they didn't get a look at.

1 hour ago, Morgan Vening said:

Am curious about the restriction on "I've got this". Does that mean it only works if the initial target is Frontier? Is there precedent for a trigger conditional to work that way? 

Spelleater’s bonus action is Friendly Only, and then the two triggers are more specific, with Witch Hunter or Friendly Cadmus Only.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

I love Reichart. Execute is fine and dandy, but a 4+ Rams for a third attack (and a Dust Cloud), and the Stoic Nod trigger? Yummy.

Am curious about the restriction on "I've got this". Does that mean it only works if the initial target is Frontier? Is there precedent for a trigger conditional to work that way? 

Yep.  Reichart can only trigger it if he is targeting a Frontier model with Stoic Nod, then he heals himself and staggers those around the target.  Fun times!

• 2 weeks later...

I personally think that all doggos (those in RR and NB also) should become Versatile. Right now Dashel is not paying nor summons them and they could be a huge game changer if they could come to Nellie, LJ & even Dita.

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, Filox said:

I personally think that all doggos (those in RR and NB also) should become Versatile. Right now Dashel is not paying nor summons them and they could be a huge game changer if they could come to Nellie, LJ & even Dita.

Yeah, ressers would love them for corpse synergies in other keywords, but not with a 33% stone increase.

Just now, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yeah, ressers would love them for corpse synergies in other keywords, but not with a 33% stone increase.

That's also my issue. I won't pay so much for a 3 Wd model who do nothing but run for schemes, especially when I can just take normal keyword minion to do the job instead. Dogs are literally the least used model in my collection. I played Pistollero more times then them. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Filox said:

I think Basse would love a cheap non-Insignificant Beast too.  It would certainly give Crockett a better place in the crew.

On 4/22/2021 at 6:25 AM, Filox said:

This Errata is strange, overall it bringed mass NERFHAMMER to all the factions, leaving no survivors

Opinion from some seems to be that word could be falling into the same errata pattern from m2e, with the first errata of the year focusing on need with a second in the latter half focusing on buffs. So there's that hope.