Well that was... Disappointing

Alerteddonkey42

9 hours ago, belorey said:

Family ⬇️

His keyword tech got an indirect nerf because they cannot stack more Focus. The change on strategy are nota bad for them anyway so we will see.

Yeah, if Family Values was just take Concentrate, that's one thing. But now, once you've stacked two Focus, it's card draw. Who doesn't like card draw? Or using the Focus a little earlier and more often.

Not saying the keyword has no problems. Just that this doesn't look like anything but a trivial downshift, unless I'm missing something. Which I could be. 

But I've rarely seen mass Focus outside a few crews. Family wasn't one of them.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

Yeah, if Family Values was just take Concentrate, that's one thing. But now, once you've stacked two Focus, it's card draw. Who doesn't like card draw? Or using the Focus a little earlier and more often.

Not saying the keyword has no problems. Just that this doesn't look like anything but a trivial downshift, unless I'm missing something. Which I could be. 

But I've rarely seen mass Focus outside a few crews. Family wasn't one of them.

An usually Family crew goes with Steward for his :ToS-Fast: healing and extra Focus + Dispel Magic for more Focus. Since Family can no longer stack more than 2 Focus you loose options and thats always bad.

Sure you can draw card instead of concentrate, but always better when you got the choice. That's why the get an indirect nerf, they are no top and nos they loose choices.

5 hours ago, belorey said:

An usually Family crew goes with Steward for his :ToS-Fast: healing and extra Focus + Dispel Magic for more Focus. Since Family can no longer stack more than 2 Focus you loose options and thats always bad.

Sure you can draw card instead of concentrate, but always better when you got the choice. That's why the get an indirect nerf, they are no top and nos they loose choices.

I never take the Steward - he doesn't do enough to make up for the hole in a por El coverage. I've used Family Values to concentrate...idk, single digits numbers of times and only ever because I needed the movement. 

This is going to be a stealth buff to Family if it means people stop wasting time trying to maximize Focus.

• Agree 1

Something else also worth noting from the errata was that it did impact how I approached Journalist a small bit.

I was playing into Nekima (melee focused) so I dumped Phiona for Reichart. With the change to Propaganda Piece, I find that you really want her into gunlines to protect Journalists, but she is far less useful in melee match ups where your opponent can position more easily around it (especially with 2" melee). So I subbed in Reichart. The gameplan I used was to have him unpack the crew for me. With Home on the Range and Hot Off the Presses from the Printing Press, you can push him forward, then he has Bring It to use on Nellie (and this case Dade too). Disguised was also a significant advantage versus a melee based, quick strike crew, taking away charges.

Then the strategy was Break the Line, so I was quickly able to get my Exclusive Interview models up the field, lock down 2-3 markers with them and put myself on a strong starting advantage. Then even when my opponent had focus stacked to get around Manipulative or Serene Countenance, a couple of Slanders put them back in their place. 

7 hours ago, admiralvorkraft said:

This is going to be a stealth buff to Family if it means people stop wasting time trying to maximize Focus.

I 100% agree with this. Before you (kind of) needed to be able to get a bunch of focus in order to be a "decent beater", now that nobody can, having access to a much more improved Push + Focus mechanic in a single action is going to be great. Not saying that Family is going to suddenly become the best Guild keyword, but I see this as a great improvement overall. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Meliondor said:

I still do not get it. Can summoned units not interact with stuff on the turn after they were summoned or not at all?

And why was there no real dreamer nerf? That guy is annoying as hell 🙂

In the new errata-ed core rules, you cannot interact on the turn you're summoned and you do not count for friendly schemes and strats the turn you're summoned.

Gaining Grounds 2 has an additional rule - summons cannot interact with strategy MARKERS at all (but corrupted leylines is still fair game the turn after they're summoned).

21 hours ago, Antipodean said:

Uh... Dreamer got a sizable nerf. Still good though.

Yup. At the least...
1) Not summoning Stitched.
2) Lucid Dreams not being as oppressive.
3) A Keyword model being heavily nerfed (Serena).
4) Generic Summoner nerfs.

Just because he's not hammered crap now, doesn't mean he wasn't significantly reduced in power level.

Doesn't mean it was enough, either. For that, only time and play experience will tell.

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Irritated Walrus said:

Can you explain how/why this is? I'm not being sarcastic, I just am missing how they are considered buffs. 

For Nellie, because she wasn't using focus much and now Distracted is better. I have no idea about Lucios, but I presume is something similar.

• Like 1