Well that was... Disappointing

Alerteddonkey42

I appreciate a lot of the changes made (especially with focus) but the changes to Guild seem lackluster. I don't know. I guess I was expecting more. Maybe this errata wasn't focused on bringing things up as much as nerfs and big fixes. Guild changes just seems like an afterthought and I wanted to see what the community thought. 

I also find it a bit funny that the Guild changes both times have been nerfs to the popularly used models in Guild (Rider then Phiona) instead of addressing larger faction problems. I suppose nerfs to other factions are buffs for Guild. 

I appreciate that Reichart got Execute - that always seemed like an odd missing piece.  Sudden Strike and I've Got This seem like welcome additions, too.  It might help that Hoffman and Basse are the only two Guild masters I have so far, and that I play hoooooooorribly casually.

• Like 3

My quick thoughts about new errata:
- Jonathan finally will be worth his 10SS, might replace Phiona but I don't think so. He will definitely show up much more often.
- Phiona will only be seen in keyword or Hoffman
Family got gutted, so much I can easily call it the worst keyword in game
-Journalist gained buff & nerf at the same time, but I think they got overall buffed thanks to Distracted power up
- GG2 will be hard for guild (Turf War is good, BTL is just easier symbols not great but we shall see, DAMN YOU SOA STOP RUINING MY LIFE! and CLL is okay.
- Research Mission & Death Beds are 2 dead schemes for Guild, everything else is okay
- sad to not see ES nerfs but I guess it was too early to nerf Cadmus
- thanks to big nerfs to most cancerous masters I can easily see Guild starting to get better although there are still some things I wish to be changed

• Like 1

Just now, admiralvorkraft said:

What happened to nerf Family? If you were stacking more than Focus+2 on anybody you were definitely doing it wrong...

Research Mission seems fine - every strat contributes a marker to it. Death Beds seems tricky. 

Well, I think it was because of replace stacking for Golems and Rat Kings. Family got hit just by standing on sidelanes, surprised they did not get anything in return

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Filox said:

Well, I think it was because of replace stacking for Golems and Rat Kings. Family got hit just by standing on sidelanes, surprised they did not get anything in return

I've been turning my focus into damage with Family almost as soon as I get it. I'm not worried about the change. It makes Steward a complete waste in that keyword instead of just mostly a waste though. 

5 minutes ago, Filox said:

Well, most of the time I ended up with 4 focuses on Dita and 3 on Francisco and they were still bad. I think we have to wait until next Errata to see them buffed

Possibly because, if you were stacking focus, you weren't leveraging your ap advantage appropriately. But that's just my personal experience. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, explorator said:

Models with summon upgrades may no longer Interact with Strategy Markers.

I think, in the long run it will be changes to Strats/Schemes that has the greatest influence on Guild playability in GG2. On the plus side, fewer changes should help transition. :)

Agreed.

Summoning changes where everything gets a Summon Token is going to make the Exorcism Triggers a lot scarier.

2 hours ago, Filox said:

sad to not see ES nerfs but I guess it was too early to nerf Cadmus

There are the stealth nerfs to Cadmus and DUA. The Focus + Distracted change hurts Ivan. The summon token hits Cadmus. And the GG2 summons not interacting with Strats will knock Cadmus (and Ivan slightly) down.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Nathan Sells said:

I might be mistaken, but I think that change only applies on the turn a model is summoned, no? Or do I need to shed a tear for my summoners?

In the GG2 doc it says:

Summoned Models In addition to being ignored for friendly Schemes and Strategies and not taking the Interact Action on the Turn they enter play, models with a Summon Upgrade cannot take the Interact Action to affect Strategy Markers in any way.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Nathan Sells said:

I might be mistaken, but I think that change only applies on the turn a model is summoned, no? Or do I need to shed a tear for my summoners?

just the turn of, i think people might be being slightly hyperbolic about this but that may just be me

edit: refer to murakis message

Edited by fire5tone

2 hours ago, Sweet Tooth said:

There are the stealth nerfs to Cadmus and DUA. The Focus + Distracted change hurts Ivan. The summon token hits Cadmus. And the GG2 summons not interacting with Strats will knock Cadmus (and Ivan slightly) down.

Ahahahahaha, this is amazing, the fact that he can't have focus + distracted is huge. That's part of how he gets enough positives to hit things with manipulative and still have positives left for crows. EDIT: messed up my math, he still can hit manipulative targets. But still, a blessing xD

Cadmus summon changes also are a significant hit.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think this is a pretty massive hit to summoners. Summons now come with a psuedo-insignificant. 

Which is guns hurt our boy Dashel. But I think it's worse for other factions who relied on summons for interactions more. 

Also: New "Towards" and "Away" rules is a sight buff for Family's Brovado.  Which one guess helps with the focus nerf.

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Also: New "Towards" and "Away" rules is a sight buff for Family's Brovado.  Which one guess helps with the focus nerf.

The focus stacking changes hurt, but I think the "towards / away" changes make the Family more viable for achieving strats / schemes and makes using cover effectively a lot easier so they actually end in a slightly better place.

It is a small boost for the Mechanical attendant in Hoffman too.

I'm hoping they release the starter with the new Guild models this year and a couple of good versatiles could have a far bigger impact than GG2.

Marshal ⬆️

Marshal is an anti-summon keyword now. Exorcist, Lone Marshal and Jury will be very useful against summoners.

Frontiers ↗️

New Reichart's triggers improve the keyword, they have 2 beaters (Basse and Sandworm) and now they add a Tank/Beater. Anyway he need triggers and keyword has not an eficient card draw tech.

Journalist ↔️

They have suffer the Buff and Nerff of Distracted condition. Also Phiona's new abilitie is not bad for them.

Guards ↘️

The new summon rules make them worst. But they are top and it's not a hard punish for them. They'll keep Tier-S.

Family ⬇️

His keyword tech got an indirect nerf because they cannot stack more Focus. The change on strategy are nota bad for them anyway so we will see.