Outcasts GG2 Errata

touchdown

2 hours ago, Trample said:

I agree, and consider too that all of the strategy markers are impassable (all four strats) so when you wind up a couple inches short of where you need to be next turn for something like symbols you save yourself an action. I wouldn't be surprised to see that come up once in most games. In Break the Line I can throw the marker with my last AP and move into base at the beginning of my next activation. Between the table edges and the strategy markers you have a decent amount of board area where this is triggered before you add terrain to the board. 

The bonus is better into this GG compared to the last one with 6 1/2 schemes that use scheme markers (counting Research Mission as 1/2). 

Agreed on all counts. Also, disguised is great in certain matchups. 

Been thinking about the strats and schemes.

Yannic is going to be huge for a couple schemes. It lets you put scheme markers out on your own tablehalf without giving away what you're doing. Do you want that card draw or are you setting up Bait and Switch? Won't know until the end of the turn!

This is a good packet for Parker, a lot of pools are going to be very interact heavy. He also has models that can be useful while scoring outflank.

On that note, Desp Mercs *may* have a role doing the same thing. They're probably still too fragile.

There's 2 schemes that need non-scheme markers now. So while Levi got a nerf, Alyce will be better than ever. Zipp also seems really good for a number of schemes now.

Mad Dog also brings a Marker, though you can't score the end point of Death Beds without Von Schill.

I don't think I'll be touching Parker for a hot minute though :( Will be interesting to get more table time with the Viktorias and Tara for much the same reasons that make Parker appealing.

13 hours ago, Azahul said:

Mad Dog also brings a Marker, though you can't score the end point of Death Beds without Von Schill.

Why Von Schill specifically?

Zipp (& Earl & Malifaux Child) bring pianos

Mad Dog Blow it to Hell (can't be used for end point of Death Beds as you need 2 of the same marker)

Alice brings Pit Traps

Add that to strategy markers, schemes, corpse & scrap and Outcasts have a few ways to get markers for Death Beds or Research Mission

31 minutes ago, Da Git said:

Why Von Schill specifically?

Zipp (& Earl & Malifaux Child) bring pianos

Mad Dog Blow it to Hell (can't be used for end point of Death Beds as you need 2 of the same marker)

Alice brings Pit Traps

Add that to strategy markers, schemes, corpse & scrap and Outcasts have a few ways to get markers for Death Beds or Research Mission

Oh I meant using Blown Apart Markers specifically for Death Beds was Von Schill specific. Millions of ways to score it with other markers.

20 hours ago, Azahul said:

I don't think I'll be touching Parker for a hot minute though :( Will be interesting to get more table time with the Viktorias and Tara for much the same reasons that make Parker appealing.

I think you can have a pool where every scheme requires multiple interacts *and* the strategy requires multiple interacts per turn for full points, and Bandit is the only crew that can do keep up doing that I think.

He also has the best Outlank options I think, he's got models that still project threat quite well while hanging out in the corners and he can have them interact out of activation.

16 hours ago, touchdown said:

I think you can have a pool where every scheme requires multiple interacts *and* the strategy requires multiple interacts per turn for full points, and Bandit is the only crew that can do keep up doing that I think.

He also has the best Outlank options I think, he's got models that still project threat quite well while hanging out in the corners and he can have them interact out of activation.

I agree. Parker looks like a pretty good option in this GG. We have an additional scheme marker based scheme (two if you discount runic binding) and the Bandit crew obviously loves those. The efficiency that Draw Their Attention brings to this season will be fantastic I expect. 

16 hours ago, touchdown said:

Oh, not denying that, but I played Parker a lot in GG1 and losing Wanted Criminal just hurts. Need to give myself some space before I try playing him again. Hate seeing a Master I love get nerfed.

Also lets me get out of my old headspace with Parker for other reasons. I used to run him very much as a central blob attrition crew on Public Enemies with great success, but that particular playstyle seems markedly less effective in GG2 so will need to shakeup my usual approach.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haven't tried Levi yet, but I'm probably more inclined to play him now than I was before the nerf. That's probably down to me being contrary though and never really enjoying Leveticus before.

Mustered up the energy to play two games of post-nerf Parker though and... I'm just sad :( I have actually been using Stick Up! for the first time, which recaptures a little of the old Parker resource generation, but it never fails to make me sad that it's card draw or damage, my opponent gets to choose which, and I actually have to win the duel to get either. Had a game where I misread the Soulstone stealing trigger as After Resolving and not When Resolving which felt ok but whoops, not actually a thing. Plus after a turn of just making Stick Up! attacks there isn't anything to do with Parker's bonus, which even if you landed some Soulstone drain still makes his activation feel a bit anaemic. I think I'm just going to have to keep him on the shelf until something dramatically changes for Bandit, I'm too haunted by the ghost of what used to be 😅

1 hour ago, Azahul said:

Haven't tried Levi yet, but I'm probably more inclined to play him now than I was before the nerf. That's probably down to me being contrary though and never really enjoying Leveticus before.

Mustered up the energy to play two games of post-nerf Parker though and... I'm just sad :( I have actually been using Stick Up! for the first time, which recaptures a little of the old Parker resource generation, but it never fails to make me sad that it's card draw or damage, my opponent gets to choose which, and I actually have to win the duel to get either. Had a game where I misread the Soulstone stealing trigger as After Resolving and not When Resolving which felt ok but whoops, not actually a thing. Plus after a turn of just making Stick Up! attacks there isn't anything to do with Parker's bonus, which even if you landed some Soulstone drain still makes his activation feel a bit anaemic. I think I'm just going to have to keep him on the shelf until something dramatically changes for Bandit, I'm too haunted by the ghost of what used to be 😅

While I do think the new Wanted Criminal upgrade is good, I have to agree that there are better options in most pools than Parker. Zipp, Von Schill, Tara, and perhaps even the Viktorias can cover about anything in GG2 more effectively than him. Mind you, that's my opinion with maybe around 10-12 GG2 games under my belt. I've tried him once and he was a bit underwhelming. I believe that's been the only game with Outcasts I've lost in GG2! I do still like the changes to Wanted Criminal. 

I hear you on Leveticus. While not being snowflake-y, I don't like playing the go-to masters so much. 

It's interesting to probably only me, but when I first looked at this GG, as is evidenced in some of the above comments, I thought Parker would be great. Perhaps he still is, but after this GG has marinated a bit he's not one I get too excited about. It'll be interesting to see if that changes after a few months into this GG. 

On paper he looks great since Draw Their Attention and Fistful of Scrip are more effective in this GG, but as I build crews for certain pools, there aren't many where another keyword doesn't rise to the top in my mind. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Trample said:

It's interesting to probably only me, but when I first looked at this GG, as is evidenced in some of the above comments, I thought Parker would be great. Perhaps he still is, but after this GG has marinated a bit he's not one I get too excited about. It'll be interesting to see if that changes after a few months into this GG. 

On paper he looks great since Draw Their Attention and Fistful of Scrip are more effective in this GG, but as I build crews for certain pools, there aren't many where another keyword doesn't rise to the top in my mind. 

Not only you! But then I'm apparently the only one on the planet who considered Parker a strong GG1 Master and one of, if not the, best Public Enemies Master we had. So to me his strengths were never in being able to spread out and Interact, but being able to fuel a bloody-minded centre brawl long past the point where other crews would have been tapped for resources. When played as a flanking schemer crew he's... alright, but I'd rather just play Tara and it doesn't really key into what he does (or rather, did) better than the other Outcast Masters.