Jump to content

Outcasts GG2 Errata


touchdown
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yeah, I've only played Leveticus a few times and never really loved him, so I don't feel qualified to rank him against other Masters. But I have seen a lot of chatter that referred to him as a faction crutch, and this Errata seemed pretty determined to kick away the crutches no matter how broken the faction's legs might be (see here: Guild getting Phiona nerfed).

 

But since I never really played Leveticus that much I'm still more salty about Parker nerfs :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m in two minds. Seems like leve was hit hard from a lot of angles but I’m gonna assume it was carefully play tested and maybe just his role has changed. 
 

What I am excited for is that you might see more variety. Hamelin and jack daw might get a look in for killy pools, and we won’t feel like we’re shooting ourself in the foot by not bringing leve. Midnight stalker tweak I think is a good one, again he was relied on a lot - but now he gets to actually bully small models around the outside and scheme incidentally which was nice instead of him just being an expensive necropunk. Tara players have been crying over her being useless and having to hire outside to even fill her 50ss, now talos has a real role to fill there. Big Jake had to change with the adjustment to summoning rules - this way when he comes back he can still interact and it means he has play for vendetta etc too. 
 

overall I guess I’m excited to see how the game sits in a couple weeks. Am I gutted Cadmus didn’t get the leve treatment? Yes - but I’m sure it’s coming. But other than that it’s amazing to be playing a game where the creators do care about balance, and do adjust things - and don’t charge you for the privilege each and every time *cough 40K cough*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can someone explain me, why you think Tara got better? Talos adds some killing power to her, but the summoning changes are brutal (especially the one about them not being able to interact with strategy markers), mainly because her summons are mostly schemers. Sure, Tara can handle a lot of scheming by herself, but she is just one model in that keyword.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Azahul said:

Yeah, I've only played Leveticus a few times and never really loved him, so I don't feel qualified to rank him against other Masters. But I have seen a lot of chatter that referred to him as a faction crutch, and this Errata seemed pretty determined to kick away the crutches no matter how broken the faction's legs might be (see here: Guild getting Phiona nerfed).

 

But since I never really played Leveticus that much I'm still more salty about Parker nerfs :D

I'm salty about Parket too, specially since the new upgrade is more situational than before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Burnin4tor said:

Am I gutted Cadmus didn’t get the leve treatment? Yes - but I’m sure it’s coming.

I think that the Summoning Changes and GG2 being less friendly to bubble crews will hurt them a bit. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My two scrip:

Big Jake - His changes allow him to sidestep the Summoning changes, and otherwise cleans up his tactical.  I like it.

Leveticus - I'm not overly familiar with him pre-nerf (don't own him, didn't play him  much) but it seems he's really wanting to lean into abomination summoning and picking off weak models with him, while Rusty takes on bigger models.  So he's had a role change.  He might not even need the waifs as much now since he's not going to be doing nearly as much damage to himself, and Servant might mitigate even Channel.

Scavenger - No longer a better leaper than Necropunk (vanish), now a dedicated support piece that can shoot in midgame.  Weird Device as a bonus now means you can drop two scheme markers a turn though with the push, so it's still a schemer who can move pretty quickly.  Unexpected Explosion brings tools to deal with Pyres which is nice.

Talos - Will now see play with Tara.  I am excited for this.

Midnight - Now that you're incentivized to actually do more than walk, leap or scheme with him, he can actually be the Spring-heeled Jack murderer he should be, rather than Mr. Silurid.  That said, I do think the loss of his demise makes him only an include sometimes, which is where versatile models belong.  

Wanted criminal - probably the biggest change.  I know folks are generally down on this, but I think start of activation movement is huge (being able to disengage and still interact) and there's more often than not a lot of impassible terrain on the boards I play.  The bonus is also neat, but even when I played Zipp it was situational.  Disguised is good for a minion, and I agree this seems tailored (Taelor'd?) for Ronin.  

Overall, I think this GG rewards Mercenary and Oblivion keywords the most, but I think all the keywords still have play (yes, even Leveticus).  

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, malyzubor said:

Can someone explain me, why you think Tara got better? Talos adds some killing power to her, but the summoning changes are brutal (especially the one about them not being able to interact with strategy markers), mainly because her summons are mostly schemers. Sure, Tara can handle a lot of scheming by herself, but she is just one model in that keyword.

Mainly because of the GG2 strats. She no longer has a strategy that directly opposes her core mechanics. She was exceptionally good in GG0 and this new set of strats and schemes seem to work well with her kit. 

Summoners all got hit so it's more of a level playing field and Tara probably fairs well compared to the hit to many other summoners. Even if you decide to never summon, she's still an exceptional scheme runner. Moving and interacting is sort of her speciality. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, malyzubor said:

Can someone explain me, why you think Tara got better? Talos adds some killing power to her, but the summoning changes are brutal (especially the one about them not being able to interact with strategy markers), mainly because her summons are mostly schemers. Sure, Tara can handle a lot of scheming by herself, but she is just one model in that keyword.

I may be wrong, but since most of the time the summons were unburying in base contact with an enemy, they weren't really going to be used to interact that turn anyway.  I certainly didn't really use them for the strategies very often, and they are about as good for scheming as they were before.

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Glimpse the Void is going to be even stronger with spread out strats. The enemy crew will have to cover more of the map so there will be more places to unbury models in poor positions, like next to the model that already scored Leave your Mark for the turn.

45 minutes ago, Diceman87 said:

Leveticus - I'm not overly familiar with him pre-nerf (don't own him, didn't play him  much) but it seems he's really wanting to lean into abomination summoning and picking off weak models with him, while Rusty takes on bigger models.  So he's had a role change.  He might not even need the waifs as much now since he's not going to be doing nearly as much damage to himself, and Servant might mitigate even Channel

With less incentive to play agressively he might sit back and shoot a bit before finishing off models in melee to Summon. I'm interested to see how the nerf effects his play style. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Adran said:

I may be wrong, but since most of the time the summons were unburying in base contact with an enemy, they weren't really going to be used to interact that turn anyway.  I certainly didn't really use them for the strategies very often, and they are about as good for scheming as they were before.

I assume the interact with the strategy marker is for the whole game, not only the turn, they appear, doesn't it? I used to play Tara only in gg0, but don't remember pushing the idols with anyone but wretches. 🙂 But I am definitely willing to try it and see. I guess her gameplay has changed drastically since the GG0 (first because of Aionus nerf, now because of summon changes), so it will probably be like playing totally new keyword. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Spratford said:

Leveticus just went from my next master to my last on the list. Big oof for me. 

The same for me. I was heading to buy him the next month, but now I'll be looking other things. Not happy with wyrd just now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, the new summoning mechanics is an indirect nerf to Ashes and Dust (because it also needed it lmao). Now, when you summon Dust Storm, he'll get a summoning token which won't allow him to interact with any strategy marker in any way. Since tokens do not go away after a replace, even if you reform, A&D won't be able to do it either.

Also, with the new GG, A&D won't be a good candidate to score Vendetta either (A&D scoring it, not being scored out of A&D).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShinChan said:

Also, the new summoning mechanics is an indirect nerf to Ashes and Dust (because it also needed it lmao). Now, when you summon Dust Storm, he'll get a summoning token which won't allow him to interact with any strategy marker in any way. Since tokens do not go away after a replace, even if you reform, A&D won't be able to do it either.

Also, with the new GG, A&D won't be a good candidate to score Vendetta either (A&D scoring it, not being scored out of A&D).

That’s a very interesting thought I hadn’t considered, but you’re right it’s probably needed! I guess time will tell if the sum of all this together is too much for old mate leve or if he’s gonna be just fine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, malyzubor said:

I assume the interact with the strategy marker is for the whole game, not only the turn, they appear, doesn't it? I used to play Tara only in gg0, but don't remember pushing the idols with anyone but wretches. 🙂 But I am definitely willing to try it and see. I guess her gameplay has changed drastically since the GG0 (first because of Aionus nerf, now because of summon changes), so it will probably be like playing totally new keyword. 

For what it's worth I'm probably hiring 1-2 Wretches for Aionus to summon in a lot of Strategies, but as others have said the function for her summons will probably just be to bog down enemy models and get off inconvenient Glimpse the Void triggers. Herself and her hired models are well suited to score all the GG2 strategies, so I think she'll do well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Also, the new summoning mechanics is an indirect nerf to Ashes and Dust (because it also needed it lmao). Now, when you summon Dust Storm, he'll get a summoning token which won't allow him to interact with any strategy marker in any way. Since tokens do not go away after a replace, even if you reform, A&D won't be able to do it either.

Nice catch, I have thought about it. Good eye.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Spratford said:

So anyone excited to have Lazerous copy Talos’ hammer and go to town on buried models? Just me? 

I thought about it, but it's worse than just hiring the Nothing Beast, unless *maybe* in Freikorps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Spratford said:

So anyone excited to have Lazerous copy Talos’ hammer and go to town on buried models? Just me? 

I thought he was neat before. The Errata makes me want to take him OoK with Zipp.

I think his model is too baller not to get. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Poor Lazerus. He can't catch a break. 

.... then maybe they should have errata'ed Lazarus.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am confident in the changes chosen by Wyrd, however (I don't know if anyone has already said this) in addition to all the debuffs you mentioned on Leveticus, there is one that worries me about evocations:
All the models summoned and those that will eventually replaced, will not able in any case, to interact with the strategy markers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Diceman87 said:

Wanted criminal - probably the biggest change.  I know folks are generally down on this, but I think start of activation movement is huge (being able to disengage and still interact) and there's more often than not a lot of impassible terrain on the boards I play.  The bonus is also neat, but even when I played Zipp it was situational.  Disguised is good for a minion, and I agree this seems tailored (Taelor'd?) for Ronin.  
 

I agree, and consider too that all of the strategy markers are impassable (all four strats) so when you wind up a couple inches short of where you need to be next turn for something like symbols you save yourself an action. I wouldn't be surprised to see that come up once in most games. In Break the Line I can throw the marker with my last AP and move into base at the beginning of my next activation. Between the table edges and the strategy markers you have a decent amount of board area where this is triggered before you add terrain to the board. 

The bonus is better into this GG compared to the last one with 6 1/2 schemes that use scheme markers (counting Research Mission as 1/2). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information