Jump to content

Outcasts GG2 Errata


touchdown
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't think Outcasts came out too bad. Leve took a bit of a harder hit than expected (nerf to necropunks hits his keyword as well) but the 6 on melee is nice. I do like the scavenger getting "unexpected explosion" giving Outcasts a way to remove underbrush and whatnot. I'm surprised that Midnight Stalker was given a nerf. I'm in the meh category for Wanted Criminal, but it may be better than my first reading makes me think. Talos may do something now. Those are the knee-jerk reactions from me! 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One interesting thing is Work of Art lets other versatile models take advantage of versatile now. Hans + Stalker will be an interesting combo.

You can really play reckless with Big Jake now, but he's not such a great Hidden Martyrs target (or alternatively a really great one if the plan is to get the other model killed). Also probably a really great Vendetta model now. Maybe even a cheeky Claim Jump model.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think change in Leve's demise is too bad. Also the change in Leve's attack stat cames from nowhere. 

 

Not sure about Scavengers. I mean, they're a lot worse than before to the point I feel them as useles in opposite to being too good (they needed some tweak), but maybe they find some place as tech pieces. 

 

Change in Necropunks expected. They where too good and still are quite good. 

 

Change to Midnight Stalker... Not right. I almost never hired him and now without that Eternal is even easier to kill him than a Necropunk. Not sure who was complaining about him. 

 

Change to Big Jake is a bit weird. I didn't expect it and not sure if he needed it, but he feels a bit better now. 

 

Change to Talos seems to me excessive. Only allowing him to beat buried enemy models with his hammer was enough. The rest of improvements makes him an auto-include. 

 

Really hate the Wanted Criminal change. It was pure garbage out of Bandit and now is pure garbage in any keyword. 

 

I was thinking about Amalgam, being not the top keyword in the game, has receive nerfs in 5 profiles in the last two erratas. I wonder if in the next they would also nerf the OP Desolation Engine and Abominations, since wyrd's testers seem to fear so much the Leveticus's crew. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think they probably over corrected on Levi. He was good before, but he pretty much ate a minion a turn, which was about what a lot of Masters do. I think the Demise nerf or the

1 hour ago, Zebo said:

Change to Talos seems to me excessive. Only allowing him to beat buried enemy models with his hammer was enough. The rest of improvements makes him an auto-include. 

I agree. I think I was one of the few people that thought he was good for the price. He was an armor 2 stat6 3/4/5 beater for 8 ss which is pretty good imo. Now he seems pretty stellar. He seems good enough to see OoK play. If he was a little shorter I'd take him along in Infamous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I hate that we're going from an upgrade that had a clear place and use to an upgrade that I guess might get taken on a scheme running Ronin?

 

I never really enjoyed playing Leveticus so I'm not all that phased by the changes there. Surprised Taelor or Winged Plagues didn't get a look at, thought they were generally considered the bottom of the Outcast barrel (admittedly with Talos not super far above them). Tara now having to actually hire Void Wretches if she wants cheap models to go after Strategy Markers in Break the Line or Symbols is a bit of a shame (and Hamelin has to do something similar thanks to the new Summon Tokens, he can't just make Rat Kings and send them off to score Strats), but conversely Recover Evidence leaving the game is a buff to her :D 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the Viktorias walk away from this looking the best so far. Ronin are basically the only Minions I can see working ok with Wanted Criminal. The new Push rules make Dragon's Bite actually functional. Big Jake got buffed. And they could reasonably do any of the Strats in the new pool by my measure. 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Wanted Criminal might be nice with the Wokou Raider or the Convict Gunslingers. Both benefit from disguise (which is a great ability imo) but they also have a pretty good opportunity for card draw. The Raider's bonus is mediocre at best and Free Loot can come up a lot for them with their trigger and in Bandit in general. Gunslinger is similar. With this upgrade he can shoot the dude a couple of times and if he gets a tome trigger he can pop to the marker and get a card and wind up just outside of the guy's 1" melee so charges aren't going to work! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd probably avoid taking Disguised on any Minion that's going to end up in melee but I could see it work on Gunslingers I suppose. Such a big investment. 

 

I'm going to be salty about the Parker nerf for a while though. Will have to play some other Masters for a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What are the 2" melee crews in Outcasts exactly? It's... the Nothing Beast and Taelor right? One model who begins turns buried and one who already has battle tempo. Am I missing anyone? Smugglers in Parker and maybe some Bayou Infamous models?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Azahul said:

What are the 2" melee crews in Outcasts exactly? It's... the Nothing Beast and Taelor right? One model who begins turns buried and one who already has battle tempo. Am I missing anyone? Smugglers in Parker and maybe some Bayou Infamous models?

Sorry, I meant when you face a 2" melee crew. Going against eg Nekima or Brewmaster, this upgrade lets you avoid getting tied down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Just note you can't stack focus beyond +2 anymore, so no super-focused rat kings.

I haven't got off Hamelin's trigger in so long that that is legitimately my normal. It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Trample said:

Parker nerf because you used Wanted Criminal with him? 

Correct, yeah. Was nice having a Master who could miss every attack and still put three cards and three stones in your pocket. Or six cards if need be. Cutting the card draw makes him feel a lot worse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That Talos buff though... Hot damn that's a massive turn around for this model. He's definitely coming out of retirement for me.

I haven't checked out all the new GG2 stuff yet but has Tara been release from her time out yet? I know the new summoning changes will affect her somewhat, however I do feel somewhat compensated with the Talos buff.

I agree with others, Wanted Criminal is still pretty bad. However it does have me somewhat interested for what it can do with Tara. Given that she can activate twice, she can get two instances of Escape Plan. Also with Timeslip and Free Loot, she can obliterate scheme markers from across the board (pun intended). It's not much, but it has me intrigued

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, Tara has a ton of play in this GG. It's almost universally "go here and Interact". She'll be one of our top Masters again I suspect, and Talos will be by her side the whole time...

 

Edit: And Recover Evidence is gone so we don't have an entire Strategy dedicated to messing with her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Trample said:

I think Wanted Criminal might be nice with the Wokou Raider or the Convict Gunslingers. Both benefit from disguise (which is a great ability imo) but they also have a pretty good opportunity for card draw. The Raider's bonus is mediocre at best and Free Loot can come up a lot for them with their trigger and in Bandit in general. Gunslinger is similar. With this upgrade he can shoot the dude a couple of times and if he gets a tome trigger he can pop to the marker and get a card and wind up just outside of the guy's 1" melee so charges aren't going to work! 

If only those model had a reason to take them consistently at 8ss... Justify 10ss for them doesn't make sense (and I wanted Convict to be good, I tried them many times, with all the Outcasts upgrades, not worth spending 10ss). A good 8ss model that you can put and upgrade reliable on them are the Hanged.

Leveticus nerfs are ridiculous, and I'm gonna explain myself:

  • Channel: I'm totally in for it to be once per activation, but now you have to make that decision at the beginning of the activation and not before an attack, which is already bad. With the changes of Focus, now gaining focus +1 is way worse than the original channel for the obvious reasons, but also doesn't allow double :+flip.
  • Ruinous Repairs: Was it that good that needed to see its range reduced to 6"? Like, seriously? WTF?
  • Demise: Ok, I can understand that maybe coming back with 8 Wds could be too much (not that I share it), but now it doesn't remove conditions in the faction with least access to condition removal in a keyword that doesn't have any?

 

  • Necropunks: These are models that had 1 job: leaping. Before you could topdeck to match the TN 63% of the time, now sits at 18%. The excuse was that they were too durable (probably in Ressers, with GST that gives them terrifying and rengeneration +2, but definitely not with Leveticus). Now a Gupps leaps better than them.
  • Scavengers: I actually understand the changes, and I love to have some marker removal + having 2 regular actions each turn. But was it so terrible to leave "Free Loot" on them, so they would have more options?
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Basically all our Condition Removal (i.e. Johan and the upcoming Brawler) is Versatile at least.

 

To be honest looking at how hard other top performers got hit, I'm not surprised at the Leveticus changes. Dreamer, Schtook, and Colette all copped multiple serious nerfs to different aspects of what they do. The two summoners then got hit by GG2's summon nerfs more generally, though Colette probably benefits overall from the shift away from killy centre field strats. Leveticus conversely gets punished by that same change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

Demise: Ok, I can understand that maybe coming back with 8 Wds could be too much (not that I share it), but now it doesn't remove conditions in the faction with least access to condition removal in a keyword that doesn't have any?

No condition removal hurts a lot. It means stacking poison 7 or something on Levi is a pretty effective way of dealing with him.  The reduced heal definitely hurts when Levi relies on wounds as a resource so much. 

 

38 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

Necropunks: These are models that had 1 job: leaping. Before you could topdeck to match the TN 63% of the time, now sits at 18%. The excuse was that they were too durable

They're still really durable for their cost. Few models with armor also get wounds above thier SS cost, getting hard to wound on top is a pretty stellar defense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Azahul said:

Basically all our Condition Removal (i.e. Johan and the upcoming Brawler) is Versatile at least.

 

To be honest looking at how hard other top performers got hit, I'm not surprised at the Leveticus changes. Dreamer, Schtook, and Colette all copped multiple serious nerfs to different aspects of what they do. The two summoners then got hit by GG2's summon nerfs more generally, though Colette probably benefits overall from the shift away from killy centre field strats. Leveticus conversely gets punished by that same change.

Versatile, short range and not and easy TN.

Compare Leveticus with Shenlong, who according to many, is not a Tier S master... Stat 8 access to irreducible, Onslaught, Stunning Strike, insane healing, tons of pushes, some card draw, condition removal, anti demise... 

Leveticus was easily countered with stunned (he used to become a Stat5, 2/3/4 damage, a bad Gremlin model), now he'll also struggle with distracted, which got a massive buff (which overall is great by the game). 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information