Waldo's Weekly - Time May Change Me

mattc

• mattc changed the title to Waldo's Weekly - Time May Change Me
1 minute ago, santaclaws01 said:

Having the new FAQ entries marked by small asterisks instead of something like [NEW] next to it makes it very annoying to actually find the new stuff, even with ctrl-F

I agree, but note that they're at the end of each category, all together, which helps :P

6 minutes ago, Jinn said:

I do wish some of the other weak/unpopular masters and models could have gotten the (amazing) Youko treatment. Maybe future errata could have a bit more of a focus on buffs rather than nerfs?

I would like to see more bumps up in the future, too.  The nerfs make sense on how they were targeted to bring things in line (except Explorers, but I also understand holding off on that... so long as it isn't put off a whole year), but "big list of nerfs" just kind of feels bad.  Buffs offset that and make the whole thing a bit more palatable. 

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, naicigam said:

Wow! Poor Serena. She took a beating.

And Dreamer can no longer summon Stitched 😞

[Edit] And I just saw Vivid Nightmares. You really hate the keyword.

Don't forget the slam of the nerf coming from the new summoning rules of GG2 as well. 

They really went for the kneecaps this time. Probably wanting players to buy the new stuff and be done with their old toys... 

• Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 3

On 4/22/2021 at 5:22 AM, zeno said:

Don't forget the slam of the nerf coming from the new summoning rules of GG2 as well. 

They really went for the kneecaps this time. Probably wanting players to buy the new stuff and be done with their old toys... 

It's almost like there was one competitive keyword in the faction and people kept playing it vs nonsense like Collette and Sandeep.  Can't play with the old toys if there's no toys that are useful anymore!

• Haha 1

There were actually 3 changes to summoned models:
- They can't use Interact to affect stratgey markers. This completely stops them from doing 2 of the strats, stops them from scoring 1 of them (but not killing enemies to flip markers to neutral), and doesn't affect the last 1. 

- They don't count for friendly schemes or strats the round they're summoned (previously they just couldn't Interact that round).

- Anything without a summon upgrade now counts as having one, making those more easily countered by Exorcism triggers (not going to come up all that often, but very relevant when it does).

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, NoisyAssassin said:

There were actually 3 changes to summoned models:
- They can't use Interact to affect stratgey markers. This completely stops them from doing 2 of the strats, stops them from scoring 1 of them (but not killing enemies to flip markers to neutral), and doesn't affect the last 1. 

- They don't count for friendly schemes or strats the round they're summoned (previously they just couldn't Interact that round).

- Anything without a summon upgrade now counts as having one, making those more easily countered by Exorcism triggers (not going to come up all that often, but very relevant when it does).

For the last one, it also makes them vulnerable to The Jury, which is only 1 wound each Jury activation so not huge to many summons, but quite deadly to 2 wound summons (many of which are mindless and lose one of their own activations).

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gort77 said:

Ok, so I have obviously missed something in this FAQ/Errata because I'm not seeing this change about summoned models not being able to interact with strategy markers.  Can someone please tell me were this change is?

Gaining ground 2 has that rule for its strategy. If you play earlier gaining grounds or the rulebook then you can still use summons for strategies. 

1 minute ago, Adran said:

Gaining ground 2 has that rule for its strategy. If you play earlier gaining grounds or the rulebook then you can still use summons for strategies. 

Oh, ok.  Didnt think to DL that, just grabbed the FAQ and Errata.  Thanks for the reply.