Breaking News

Fluffaluffacus

Nellie's Breaking News (and I suppose any other ability that has the same wording). 
After an enemy model within 8 resolves the Interact Action, this model may draw a card and gain Focused +1.

Does this allow Nellie to do one and/or the other? or if she decides to do it, does she have to do both. 

Situation it was in. Nellie vs Crossroad 7. She is within 6 of Envy. Can she draw a card but not gain the focus? Or vice versa, she is within 6 of Pride. Can she gain the focus but not draw the card? 

My personal feelings is that she has to do full or neither, but just looking for clarification.

4 minutes ago, Fluffaluffacus said:

Nellie's Breaking News (and I suppose any other ability that has the same wording). 
After an enemy model within 8 resolves the Interact Action, this model may draw a card and gain Focused +1.

Does this allow Nellie to do one and/or the other? or if she decides to do it, does she have to do both. 

Situation it was in. Nellie vs Crossroad 7. She is within 6 of Envy. Can she draw a card but not gain the focus? Or vice versa, she is within 6 of Pride. Can she gain the focus but not draw the card? 

My personal feelings is that she has to do full or neither, but just looking for clarification.

I would read the "and" as implying that yes:
Nellie may: {draw a card and gain focused} or {decline to draw a card and gain focused}