What Outcast models need a nerf

touchdown

There is some expectation of a new errata dropping soon, and we've spent a lot of time and text complaining about models we wish were better, so what do you think needs the nerf bat (or maybe nerf pool noodle)?

I've got 2 in my mind that feel too strong when I use them, but I'm cheating a little because I'm going to pick a non-outcast model that can be hired into 1 crew. Those are Necropunks and Scavengers. Both do their job too well, while also being too hard to remove for their cost. I'd also prefer they get nerfed to Levi himself getting nerfed. I forget which podcast now, but I was listening to one and a speaker made a point that if your opponent decides to hunker down with armor and shielding, Levi is the best way to break that down. So it would be better to nerf his crew in a way that they're no so good at other things.

I don't blink an eye at adding a scavenger ook for 7 stones. So I think you could just increase their cost to 7 and call it a day. Maybe give them a wound or wp 5 in compensation.

Necropunks I think should get the Onward! bonus from Vernon and Welles (along with the rocket man trigger). Which would tone them down from a suited leap just enough they're still good scheme runners without being *amazing* autotakes if there's any scheme marker schemes.

I've never had a problem with Outcasts. Sometimes I get soundly beaten (like by Leveticus), but I think that's more an issue of figuring out how to respond to it.

Personally as someone who regularly plays against Outcasts, I'd rather see them slightly buffed than nerfed. Nothing stands out as something I can't deal with (although Don't Mind Me Tara certainly was a learning curve to deal with 😜 )

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Necropunks should get their Stat decreased in the leap by 1. Necropunks have 1 job: To leap and be efficient scheme runners. Onward is bad on them unless you also give them unimpeded.

The real problem with Outcast is Von Schtook, because they become the best 7ss runner in the game:

• Regen +2
  • Terrifying 11
  • Pulsing focus turn 1
  • Can become fast from 10" away
  • Summonable

Sin we don't have GST in Outcast, the only thing they need is to make the leap a bit less reliable:

• Currently sits at 63%* chances of just flipping the card, which is too good.
  • Decrease the stat by 1 to make it 55%*, which is practically half of the times.

*Those numbers are not 100% accurate since they don't take the cards in hand into account, so the probability will actually be higher or lower depending on your initial hand.

But those are not Outcasts models, are Resurrectionists.

I honestly can't think of an Outcast model that needs a nerf. For the Scavenger I would go for a re-balance: Weird Device Stat 4 that gets a +4 when targeting Amalgam Minions.

• Agree 1

Levi just needs to have Channel changed to Once Per Activation.  Besides that, Scavenger probably probably needs a touch, as Shin as mentioned, along with necropunks...but thats a Resser model

Beyond that...nerf Outcasts? Lol.  We really don't have stuff that appears above the curve, when comparing to basically anything existing in the game (besides the afore mentioned)

• Like 1