Jump to content

Need help for building a crew!


Recommended Posts

Hi guys! I decides to return to malifaux in 3ED edition after 2 years of not playing. Since I sold my old zoraida crew I had to buy a new one and managed to get all these miniatures from ebay for 20$:

-Seishin × 2
-Nurse × 1
-Canine remains × 3
-Rotten belle × 2
-Draugr 
-Dead doxy 
-Philip and the nanny
-The valedictorian
-Student of steel 
-Student of sinew
-Student of viscera 

I now I don't have any master up to now, but what is the best 50ss crew I can build with these models? I guess it should mostly be based on the transmortis models but I really don't know how to make all these work together. I maybe will get new models in future, but for now I'm just going to use them in friendly plays against the dreamer and hoffman

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would be difficult making an effective crew with those models, but you could easily make a 50ss crew with either Valedictorian or Phillip and the Nanny as the leader, and adding other models in as desired.  If you don't have it I highly recommend downloading the M3E app as it's totally free and has all the cards for every model, and would assist you in making decisions about crews.

 

 Transmortis are a great keywords but they kind of need Von Schtook to power them up.  With the transmortis models you have you can make a fairly decent crew if you just pick up the Von Schtook core box. He is currently very strong, and his crew can generally perform and scheme and strat setup fairly well. Later on you can add in a box of necropunks and piece.together the other students you'll need. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Val seems like a cool Henchman to have as a Leader.

If you're ok with proxy, I would use a doggy or a Sheishin (they're not very useful) as a carion effigy since it's free as a totem.

You could also play henchman hardcore.

Welcome back to the game! I'm sure you will get hook again and will want to buy a master (Von Schtook is quite good).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Alessandro Sette said:

I now I don't have any master up to now, but what is the best 50ss crew I can build with these models?

Valedictorian as a leader, then obviously the three students. Then Philip and Nanny, Dead Doxy, Nurse and 5 ss. Nurse is pretty good in any crew due to the Tools for the Job, healing and handing out Focus to your main beater. Dead Doxy brings some utility with her push and you can use her aura to make models Stunned with your students easily or to enhance effectiviness of Nanny's One More Question!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Henchman Hardcore is a good way to dip into 3e and since you have no masters will have you at less a disadvantage.

New Philip and the Nanny Crew (Resurrectionist)
Size: 30 - Pool: 0
Leader:
  Philip and the Nanny
Hires:
  Nurse
  Dead Doxy
  Student of Sinew

This is a weird crew and no SS, but you have scheming, damage, and support/healing. I think it would work

New The Valedictorian Crew (Resurrectionist)
Size: 30 - Pool: 1
Leader:
  The Valedictorian
Hires:
  Student of Viscera
  Dead Doxy
  Canine Remains


Here's a HH list for Vale. I don't like it as much (with no necropunks, you're having to take sub optimal choices), but it should be very killy and the dog + doxy should be able to drop bombs early for you.

 

Also I strongly recommend getting the app. It handles all the hiring rules for you (including HH special mode), has all the strategies and schemes in it. It's really great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SEV said:

Val seems like a cool Henchman to have as a Leader.

If you're ok with proxy, I would use a doggy or a Sheishin (they're not very useful) as a carion effigy since it's free as a totem.

You could also play henchman hardcore.

Welcome back to the game! I'm sure you will get hook again and will want to buy a master (Von Schtook is quite good).

Yes! I'll probably go for von schtook, I looked how he plays and seems pretty fun!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, touchdown said:

I think Henchman Hardcore is a good way to dip into 3e and since you have no masters will have you at less a disadvantage.

New Philip and the Nanny Crew (Resurrectionist)
Size: 30 - Pool: 0
Leader:
  Philip and the Nanny
Hires:
  Nurse
  Dead Doxy
  Student of Sinew

This is a weird crew and no SS, but you have scheming, damage, and support/healing. I think it would work

New The Valedictorian Crew (Resurrectionist)
Size: 30 - Pool: 1
Leader:
  The Valedictorian
Hires:
  Student of Viscera
  Dead Doxy
  Canine Remains


Here's a HH list for Vale. I don't like it as much (with no necropunks, you're having to take sub optimal choices), but it should be very killy and the dog + doxy should be able to drop bombs early for you.

 

Also I strongly recommend getting the app. It handles all the hiring rules for you (including HH special mode), has all the strategies and schemes in it. It's really great.

Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information