Does anyone have a spreadsheet of all the models and stats?

Kolath

When the project started I reached out and asked for permission multiple times and never got a response. It's not a new project though we're almost done with a complete re-code and I'm sure they're aware we exist. If the patreon is a problem we can always remove it. Podcasts and other content providers use donations and stuff like that, so I figured why can't we? Anyone can contact me with any questions. Also, thanks for the plug @trikk!

4 hours ago, solkan said:

I really, really hope they asked for permission before doing that, especially with the Patreon funding.

Is that cuz you like it so much 😁

I work with @Hermit on the site. We have been working on this since just before  pullmyfinger was taken down.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another thread got me thinking.

Do you think it would be useful to include word counts on cards? Possibly seperated into front and back.

Rating complexity is hard but word count should give a rough guide. 

Silurid: Front 30, Back 62, Total 92. 

Nexus: Front 139, 214, Total 353.

In hindsight counting all this is a lot of effort, lol. Maybe just a line of text count. 

Which gives us:

Nexus: Front 16, back 29, Total 45

Silurid: Front 4, Back 12, Total 16

Either way we get a rough idea that Nexus has about three times the verbage or "complexity" of a Silurid. 

It might be a lot of work, but I think it could be useful. What do you think @Hermit @Beeray?

7 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Another thread got me thinking.

Do you think it would be useful to include word counts on cards? Possibly seperated into front and back.

Rating complexity is hard but word count should give a rough guide. 

Silurid: Front 30, Back 62, Total 92. 

Nexus: Front 139, 214, Total 353.

In hindsight counting all this is a lot of effort, lol. Maybe just a line of text count. 

Which gives us:

Nexus: Front 16, back 29, Total 45

Silurid: Front 4, Back 12, Total 16

Either way we get a rough idea that Nexus has about three times the verbage or "complexity" of a Silurid. 

It might be a lot of work, but I think it could be useful. What do you think @Hermit @Beeray?

Hmmm. Interesting idea. I think that's something that's possible. If people are interested. How good of a "complexity" rating would you think that is? Some models may have a lot of simple actions/abilities. 

20 minutes ago, Hermit said:

Hmmm. Interesting idea. I think that's something that's possible. If people are interested. How good of a "complexity" rating would you think that is? Some models may have a lot of simple actions/abilities. 

I think there'll be a decent correlation, but it is weak enough and would be misunderstood enough that I would be hesitant.

Definitely don't call it a complexity rating IMO.

I think on average it may hold well, so comparing on the level of factions might work, or mayyyyybe keywords.

But even then you can't compare like a Silurid to Nexus, so you need a per stone comparison perhaps.

2 hours ago, Hermit said:

How good of a "complexity" rating would you think that is?

I think it is a pretty good rough estimate. Generally the longer the ability tastes EU write out the more interactions it involves.

Like Armor fits in 1 line. Hard to wound barely takes 2. We Are Legion takes 6

2 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Definitely don't call it a complexity rating IMO.

Yeah. I'm not sure what I'd call it. Maybe just text lines. Or Average Text when doing a keyword. 

44 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I think it is a pretty good rough estimate. Generally the longer the ability tastes EU write out the more interactions it involves.

Like Armor fits in 1 line. Hard to wound barely takes 2. We Are Legion takes 6

Well, armor is cheating a bit, since the rules for that are written in the rulebook 😜 But yeah, it should be roughly right a lot of the time.