Malifaux World Series #7: May the 'Faux Be With You!

Yore Huckleberry

"Don't be so proud of the technological marvels the Guild creates ... their power is nothing compared to the power of the 'Faux." ~ James Earl Jones, probably

Welcome to event number seven in the Malifaux Vassal World Series: May the 'Faux be with You!

This is a 3-round, GG2 tournament, 50 SS and STANDARD format for Masters (eg., additional masters may be hired using the new April errata step during hiring), with no other special restrictions.

Registration ends at midnight May 1st, GMT - 6

Round 1: May 2nd – May 9th

Round 2: May 10th – May 16th  

Round 3: May 17th – May 23rd 

Registration Link: https://forms.gle/3Rhyvxr8ZMYLaVCg7
Player Packet: Updated GG2 Player Pack attached below
Malifaux LFG Discord (central communications and organizing for MWS): https://discord.gg/r4q3mYRX

MWS Resources:
MWS Ongoing Rules and FAQ: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MAzIgYPIJAIJvitegXtiUxSYpe-odMu7DkWiNMLBE1U/edit
MWS Ongoing Master and Event Data: https://public.tableau.com/profile/malifaux.world.series#!/vizhome/MalifauxWorldSeries2020-2021_16075309651830/MalifauxWorldSeries
MWS Contact List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wH_dHwiIad1IvGSk9uY5T0Jl_Zl1EpR5AhAQr4iC05s/edit#gid=1064181698

Questions, please reply below, or hit me up on the Malifaux Vassal LFG Discord channel linked above, @Ben Jules#4085

And may the 'Faux be with you!

MWS Faux Be With You GG 2 - Player Packet.pdf

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Ceodoc said:

Hi

My discord handle is not in the dropdown menu  can't manually add.

Ceodoc#0378

@Ceodoc -- you should be able to re-register and use the drop down now. If that doesn't work, let me know and we'll get you in manually on the back end, but I want to make sure the problem is fixed for all events, and if you can successfully register, it should be.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hi friends -- currently there seems to be an issue with uploading our packet to the Forum. It has been posted (and pinned) in the #general channel of the Malifaux Vassal LFG discord channel, which is heavily used for coordinating and reporting matches: https://discord.gg/GDMhmFUc

If any registrants or players need help getting oriented to the discord or have trouble accessing the packet, please feel free to drop me a message here or on discord (with the latter being significantly faster to catch my attention).

Cheers!

For Round 1, could you please clarify the Terrain traits of the center area. (Adding my interpretation in parentheses)

Do the Wall-looking things on either side of each staircase have a Height, can they be moved through to get on/off the stairs, or are they just part of the stairs?
(It feels to me like the intent is for the "stairs" themselves to only have the +Ht1/2/3 trait, while the walls on either side of the stairs should be a Ht2 or 3 Blocking/Climbable wall - that way you can only walk up/down the stairs but it will block line of sight if LoS is drawn over it)

What is the central square considered? This isn't mentioned at all.
(It seems to me like a Ht3 flat platform which is Blocking/Climbable so that models can climb up the corners)

What is the "border" and/or quarter-circle "pillars" in the corners of the central square counted as? Are they walls/pillars with Blocking/Climbable? Or can models be pushed off the middle platform in any direction?
(I can't imagine they would be walls even if they really look like it, since that would make the center marker unreachable - but are the corner bits pillars or just flat ground?)

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 4:55 PM, Whut said:

For Round 1, could you please clarify the Terrain traits of the center area. (Adding my interpretation in parentheses)

Do the Wall-looking things on either side of each staircase have a Height, can they be moved through to get on/off the stairs, or are they just part of the stairs?
(It feels to me like the intent is for the "stairs" themselves to only have the +Ht1/2/3 trait, while the walls on either side of the stairs should be a Ht2 or 3 Blocking/Climbable wall - that way you can only walk up/down the stairs but it will block line of sight if LoS is drawn over it)

What is the central square considered? This isn't mentioned at all.
(It seems to me like a Ht3 flat platform which is Blocking/Climbable so that models can climb up the corners)

What is the "border" and/or quarter-circle "pillars" in the corners of the central square counted as? Are they walls/pillars with Blocking/Climbable? Or can models be pushed off the middle platform in any direction?
(I can't imagine they would be walls even if they really look like it, since that would make the center marker unreachable - but are the corner bits pillars or just flat ground?)

Thanks @Whut -- good questions. I'll be adding the following to the tournament discord to help clarify them as well:

Map clarifications for Round One:

- the central platform is ht 3, blocking, climbable at corners. The entire platform (corners, center, etc) is one terrain piece. Each stair is then a separate terrain piece

- the four stair sets are all ht 1/2/3 (base/middle/top). A model gains the Ht 1 if it is also in base contact with the grass, ht 2 if fully on the stairs (or overhanging from them), ht 3 if it is in base contact with the top platform. The white "railings" at the sides of the stairs are treated as ornamental and do not have additional ht or features to a model standing on the stairs.

- Stairs are blocking if a sight line is drawn THROUGH them, but not to a model standing on the stairs. Stairs do not require additional vertical distance to move up/down if you move along the top/bottom. The sides of the stairs (white "railings") are climbable, treated as ht 2 from the sides