Beating Explorers for Dummies

this thread is meant to be a compendium of (not mine, yours) knowledge on "how I beat ES crews except Cadmus" (I leave Cadmus out because currently a) you don't beat them, you only narrow the margin of your loss, and more seriously b) Pergli has a great thread on that). So, tell me everything you know about particular keywords' weaknesses that can be exploited and lynchpin models that need to be eliminated when playing against one of seven ES non-Cadmus crews.

• Thanks 1

What i see, in general:

-Low willpower.

-They have no easy condition removal: Hopeful Prospect (bonus), Cryptologist (trigger on his bonus) and Spelleater (trigger on his attack and is Once per Activation)

-No easy access to healing (outside of Jedza). 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, belorey said:

-No easy access to healing (outside of Jedza). 

You wot m8? Jedza wishes she healed her crew as much as the Intrepid Emissary.
Their condition removal is indeed generally not great, and while hopeful prospects are great for certain crews (I find them invaluable in Cooper) they seem to find less room in other crews. 

5 minutes ago, Kharnage said:

You wot m8? Jedza wishes she healed her crew as much as the Intrepid Emissary.
Their condition removal is indeed generally not great, and while hopeful prospects are great for certain crews (I find them invaluable in Cooper) they seem to find less room in other crews. 

It's not the same to get acces to a healing like Silent One, Serena Bowman, Bokors, etc. The Effigy/Emissary can heal in a aura of 3 that is great and when you pass a duel by 2+. So first you need the aura, and then you need to win the duels, if you already activated you can only win duelts when i attack you, so i will choose and take the risk of let you healing 1. It's a good heal tech, but if you put all your models within 3" of Emissary for his healing (outside of Jedza and Cadmus bubbles) i'll be happy to blat you.