Android app wont launch

Puff-chan

As the title says, the app wont start on my phone, it always freezes on the launch screen.
I've tried reinstalling the app multiple times, starting it with and without internet access and still no luck.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8. 

Any ideas? I'm at a bit of a loss here. 😕 

On 4/5/2021 at 3:20 PM, Puff-chan said:

As the title says, the app wont start on my phone, it always freezes on the launch screen.
I've tried reinstalling the app multiple times, starting it with and without internet access and still no luck.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8. 

Any ideas? I'm at a bit of a loss here. 😕 

I used to have a similar issue - if I turned off WiFi and data it worked fine. After it loaded I could turn WiFi back on without issue.

Not sure if it was an update or new phone, but I haven't had the issue in a while.

6 hours ago, MrPieChee said:

I used to have a similar issue - if I turned off WiFi and data it worked fine. After it loaded I could turn WiFi back on without issue.

Not sure if it was an update or new phone, but I haven't had the issue in a while.

I need to add a timeout to the request to check for updated model data and stuff. Right now if it's a poor connection it will just hang for as long as it takes to try to download updated metadata.

20 hours ago, touchdown said:

Do you have Arik in any crews in the web version? He causes lots of problems

That doesn't seem related, I've never seen Arik cause the app to hang on the opening screen at all. The only place that appears to cause problems is in the Games page for whatever reason. So far I've been unable to replicate that bug myself to debug it.

21 hours ago, Puff-chan said:

I have not used the app before no.

I just unistalled it from the phone, not sure how I go about deleting the cache/storage. 

You would go into Settings -> Apps -> See all -> M3E -> Storage & cache. There should be buttons there to clear storage and cache. M3E may not show up in the list if you don't have it installed, I'm not sure.

In any case, I'm not sure why the app would hang on the splash screen if you'd never used it before. Try making sure you have a good internet connection the first time you open it. If that's not possible, try turning wifi and data off entirely and open it then. Let me know if either works.

Also there's actually 2 splash screens - 1 that just has the Crew Builder logo in the middle, and one that has the Wyrd logo and copyright text at the top and bottom. Which one does it hang on?

• Thanks 1