Zoraida, bayou to neverborn.

Matt McDonald

6 hours ago, andorman said:

This almost entirely depends on the value you're getting off of stealth.

Very true.

6 hours ago, andorman said:

Being a hench is also incredibly relevant on a flanker/skirmish piece.

2 minutes ago, Roadhouse said:

IR on Spawn Mother shouldn't be over looked. The ability to charge through models to smack something when they kill one of your guys is huge. Severe 6 is also no joke, especially on a model that can stone for Puncture.

I feel like Spawn Mother being a hench almost makes her worse. She wants stones to summon. She wants stones to survive if stealth isn't doing it. She wants stones for Puncture.

I feel like that's why I lean towards The Sow. With Terrifying and Hard to Wound she's got okay defense, usually more than enough if she's on a far side not doing much more then dealing with and making scheme runners. Her summoning doesn't require stones, if you burn AP for scheme markers or have some dead stuff. And offensively she seems to do better without much support thanks to Stampede, Reckless and sometimes Grit (Frantic).

Spawn mother converts to killing much better, IMO than the Sow. Stat 6 vs 5, Severe 6 vs 5 and the really, really big one 1" over 0". How bad 0" melee is cannot be understated, and the possibility that you have to end your activation on a Tome negates the amazing Grit ability, IMO. It should also be pointed out that the Sow is only suitless if you spend another AP on it while Spawn Mother's is a bonus.

7 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I feel like that's why I lean towards The Sow. With Terrifying and Hard to Wound she's got okay defense, usually more than enough if she's on a far side not doing much more then dealing with and making scheme runners. Her summoning doesn't require stones, if you burn AP for scheme markers or have some dead stuff. And offensively she seems to do better without much support thanks to Stampede, Reckless and sometimes Grit (Frantic).

I can't find a reason to take sow into Zoraida. Piglets are great schemers, but swampfiends already have the best schemers in faction (and they can serve for eitn). Sow's offencive talents are pretty mediocre: 0" melee and stat 5 is not something I want to get for 9 stones. Especially when I can have Raphael for the same cost who has htk, shielded, and stat 6 attacks (both melee and ranged) with nice triggers.

10 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The Piglets also add way more to her damage output than Gupps do to  Spawn Mother ime.

I don't want to make this thread on the virtue  of the Sow (she's in all my Rocinante crew, I'm just sad that Wyrd didn't do a 3 headed unicorn).

Still, I don't understand your point here. Piglet are horrible at putting dammage on your opponent (stampede is a free damage but I not overjoyed with this). At least Gupp have a built in + to damage and when they died you migh get a free charge from their angry mama (by herself she's a better beatstick than the Sow)... Who knows, you might even get lucky and transform one into a Silurid! 

On 4/7/2021 at 5:12 PM, SEV said:

Pool: 6
Leader:
  Zoraida
Hires:
  Gautraeux Bokor
  Silurid 
    Two Gremlins in a Ghillie Suit
  Francois LaCroix (I still prefer JuJu)
  Alphonse LeBlanc
    Twelve Cups of Coffee
  Sammy LaCroix

I have to say that Silurid with an Upgrade always makes me consider that First Mate would be only one stone more. Disguised is naturally crazy amazing for a Butterfly Jumping Stealth model but still, First Mate is really really good as well. Of course taking tons of Henchmen kinda weakens them due to Stones being less of an advantage when there's so many models that want to use them so maybe that's the deciding factor.

• Like 1