Transmortis vs. ten thunders

Favilludo

Hey, I'll be playing a game next week and we have already picked crews and strategies. I'm really new to Transmortis, but wanted to play the keyword more often. Since it is a friendly game and I don't want to go in very competitively, I don't really want to discuss the specific game. My questions tie more into this: We have had some discussions about how Transmortis is really strong at my lgs, but how ten thunders are really good at countering them. Is there something about that? And if yes, why? Also, how do you pick into ten thunders specifically then, do you just not go for transmortis? I tend to play crews in a very "countery" fashion to what I expect of my opponent, but here, that wasn't as much of an option, since I have no experience with ten thunders or that opponent, so I was forced to play a very general crew, which is something I'd like to avoid in the future, hence this topic...

If you've not played the matchup before, my first recommendation is to just play it out and see how the game goes. I often think there can be an overemphasis on counterpicks, while there is a lot to be said for just having a strong strategy/crew of your own.

That said, if you do have the details Pergli asked for, that'd be great!

• Like 1

Agreed, just play it out and learn from the game. Here are my general thoughts on how Schtook wins the match ups:

- Asami: pretty good and the only real thing to be concerned about is Jorogumos. I'd bring vincent and the match up becomes pretty easy. Also, Anna prevents hyper aggressive summons with her bubble of no placement. 

- Mei Feng:  bringing a student of steel or focusing on killing to summon one will flip this match up to your advantage.

- Misaki: Easy match up, valedictorian's place trigger gets around all the extended reach. Anna also can control Asami's placement shenanigans (there is a youtube game from Schemes and Stones with my schtook vs Misaki along with 2 episodes of setup and post game)

- McCabe is annoying but he is only WP 5 so the valedictorian can easily stun him which takes alot of the bite out of him. Also, Anna prevents him from throwing upgrades while Schtook makes his upgrades blank

- Shenlong: haven't played this match up in awhile but schtook can disable his upgrades and his crew will be able to handle anything they put on the table.

- Jacob: I haven't played this match up so I'm not sure what should be done here.

- Youko: lol... her main thing is attacking your hand but your card draw counters this.

Schtook overall is a really strong master and the amount of tools/card craw he can bring to the table should push through any counters your opponent tries to bring. 

• Thanks 1

In that case I'm sort of relieved, I haven't really figured out what was meant exactly with 10t countering schtook, it's just what I've heard and i kind of went with it because I don't have a lot of experience with either. 

I'll be facing youko with misaki ook, I'm currently trying to figure out wether or not I want to try and take youko out with an alpha strike with the valedictorian... But I think that will largely come down to cards in turn one...

5 minutes ago, Favilludo said:

In that case I'm sort of relieved, I haven't really figured out what was meant exactly with 10t countering schtook, it's just what I've heard and i kind of went with it because I don't have a lot of experience with either. 

I'll be facing youko with misaki ook, I'm currently trying to figure out wether or not I want to try and take youko out with an alpha strike with the valedictorian... But I think that will largely come down to cards in turn one...

Cards/stones and setup - go for a kill on something that you can summon something T1 or early T2.

One thing to note about Youko if you brought Anna. review the trigger on Blackmail - if you bring Anna make sure you ALWAYS have 2+ cards in hand otherwise he'll detonate your undead models like Vale.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pergli said:

One thing to note about Youko if you brought Anna. review the trigger on Blackmail - if you bring Anna make sure you ALWAYS have 2+ cards in hand otherwise he'll detonate your undead models like Vale.

Just read that back and saw it, thanks a lot, that would have probably cost me quite a bit if you hadn't warned me.

I'm kind sad that I'm not bringing a student of sinew, for the anti charge, but that will definitely be a priority for summoning at some point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...