1st Edition metal figures still kosher to use?

wyrdhunter

I started with Wyrd before Malifaux and played 1st edition but missed 2nd edition. Because of this all of my figures are metal and the original sculpts. Are these still okay to use or do I need to repurchase? Asking mostly because there are some significant size differences (Rasputina's kittens, e.g.) in addition to being completely different.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wyrdhunter said:

I started with Wyrd before Malifaux and played 1st edition but missed 2nd edition. Because of this all of my figures are metal and the original sculpts. Are these still okay to use or do I need to repurchase? Asking mostly because there are some significant size differences (Rasputina's kittens, e.g.) in addition to being completely different.

There are models that have changed factions/keywords and might not be useable with your main collection if you don't want to expand.  There are also a few base size changes (the metal Ice Golem is on a 40, but needs to be on a 50 for M3E, luckily a 40 fits inside a 50 almost perfectly).  Several models have changed names (unimportant except for finding their M3E rules if you know them by the old names).  Technically non-master Misaki & non-master Hamelin no longer exist as rules, but their models can still be used as the master version if on the correct base size.  All of the old "Avatars" can be used as proxies for their respective faction's Emissary model if based on the proper 50 or for certain other models (eg: Avatar Collette can just be used as Collette since based on 30s, and Avatar Candy can just be used as Candy)

IIRC, Rasputina's metal kittens came on a 40 so can be used as is.

• Agree 1