Neverborn in April MaliFools

Shamelessly copying the faction discussion prep threads from other factions, here's the setup:
image.png.d762e015514109443a370d3812b942cd.png

I felt dirty playing Ten Thunders last tournament (though I will admit Shen Long is quite fun) so I'm likely to just solo the God Empress for the tournament, but what are others of our kin considering for Round 1? Do those that creep along the ground think that Marcus might be a solid choice here? Personally I am afraid of what might end up being other factions' Recover Evidence choices, since that's probably stuff like... Schtook, Hoffman, Misaki, Jack Daw, Ophelia, etc. Thoughts?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kharnage said:

Shamelessly copying the faction discussion prep threads from other factions, here's the setup:
image.png.d762e015514109443a370d3812b942cd.png

I felt dirty playing Ten Thunders last tournament (though I will admit Shen Long is quite fun) so I'm likely to just solo the God Empress for the tournament, but what are others of our kin considering for Round 1? Do those that creep along the ground think that Marcus might be a solid choice here? Personally I am afraid of what might end up being other factions' Recover Evidence choices, since that's probably stuff like... Schtook, Hoffman, Misaki, Jack Daw, Ophelia, etc. Thoughts?

afraid of tara!)

1 hour ago, Plaag said:

afraid of tara!)

Tragically for Tara, I don't think I'm sweating her on Recover Evidence :P
Though people who do play her I would watch out for, simply on the basis that if they're madlads enough to do it, they might be extremely competent. Or insane. Or both.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Kharnage said:

Tragically for Tara, I don't think I'm sweating her on Recover Evidence :P
Though people who do play her I would watch out for, simply on the basis that if they're madlads enough to do it, they might be extremely competent. Or insane. Or both.

Clearly you've not been researching the super secret 'take models that self-bury into recover evidence' plans that have been developed!!

Which Nekima happens to be the perfect counter for...

Dreamer feels good in this pool, right? Summoners in general seem to have good synergy with Recover Evidence, but then all the terrain is just even better for him. Not sure whether you take the spiders - opening up breakthrough is nice, but don't think you'd actually want to go for it.

I assume Zoraida is great at Recover Evidence, what with obeying models out of the way of markers and then obeying someone to pick them up?

Double ancient pact opens up some possibilities with Vendetta, since you can be be somewhat confident of last/first activation.

But the real question is - what's the plan for Runic Binding in this pool?

12 hours ago, Mycellanious said:

Does Neverborn even have models that can drop Scheme Markers?

I think only Lucius could really do it at a Runic Binding rate, and he's reliant on Draw Out Secrets to make that happen.

• Like 1

Out of character for me, I know....but I think i'll be playing lucius all month.

Week 1 for me is going to consist of getting 0-1 points for strategy, and then hopefully 1 for runic binding, and if I have any models by the end of the game, I might try to get a point for catch and release . so a repeat of last month