2021 Monthly Painting Challenge - April

Caedrus

20 hours ago, Maogrim said:

15 subpar Stones done.

Don't be too critical about it. While you can do better, it's still a decent paint job and the hair indeed is great.
Shading and highlights also are just on spot. More transition would have been nicer but it's a great gaming piece, aynways!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/26/2021 at 7:10 PM, Maogrim said:

So here's Youko. Terrible picture, but I still think I overdid it with shading and highlights and did a terrible job with the face. Hair looks decent, though.

@Caedrus 15 subpar Stones done.

20210426_190252_HDR2.jpg

20210426_190307_HDR2.jpg

I like the color scheme, pretty elegant.

And while there is room for improvement, you are getting things done, which is the best way to do so.

Keep it up and don't you dare abandoning the Oyabun! Hehehe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Caedrus I finished my first half of the Empire Dragoons for The Other Side. I really hate cavalry models when the rider is attached. That's 30ss for the month. Pictures to follow when @Stranglelovecan help me. I promise to finish the other half of the unit during the first part of May. I really want to get them off the painting table. Of course that will make me want to work on more of the army as I really want to get it done for 2021 but also want to get back to Malifaux. April was a brutal month, here's hoping for a better May.

That said there was some great painting for the month. I love seeing everyone's progress.

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2021 at 12:44 PM, Engorn said:

9G2R1k4.jpg

It is gonna be the rest of Apex miniatures...

OK... 😅 I've been too busy the last three weeks and I couldn't paint anything, so I'm gonna paint these in May (starting next Wednesday) and I hope I will be able to paint something else, but I don't know what it's going to be yet.

So, @Caedrus I painted this on April:

On 4/11/2021 at 5:08 PM, Engorn said:

It's finished.

lBIAcLl.jpg

rxeUJPA.jpg

Rsv0gD8.jpg

SOLq7xW.jpg

Lord Cooper: 15SS

Model 9: 9SS

Artemis: 6SS

Ullr: 6SS

Runaways: 3SS (1SS each)

Total: 39SS

I'm now trying to decide if I paint the rest of the keyword next or if I paint some Infinity models. I hope to have an answer for tomorrow.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...