Outcasts in April Malifools - Outcasts Reloaded

James Dyson

Round one is done and dusted - video is here:  

When my opponent declared Lord Cooper, and I saw I was Attacker, I worked out that my best deployment zone to give him was the right  hand side.  This seemed to provide me the best LOS blockers into my deployment zone, and gave me a couple of good sight lines into his crew.

Unfortunately, I simply didn't respect Cooper's tools enough.  And as great as Mad Dog is, if you don't have the cards to fuel him his weaknesses (being engaged) can really blunt your offense.  

Going to post up about Round 2 later today.  How's everyone elses' round 1 going?  

With Round 1 wrapping up, let's look at Round 2.

image.thumb.png.302b9b3f56e2764f7334f23ac5610352.png

So, Corrupted Ley Lines immediately makes me think Viktorias and Von Schill, because both run the ball very well (Von Schill being a nigh unkillable ball carrier with Diving Charge not being a place effect).  

Scheme wise, nothing seems particularly 'dead' in this pool.  

Just now, touchdown said:

@Diceman87 slowly getting through your video. Instead of walking Parker back through the barbed wire, why not just concentrate? It doesn't look especially more defensible where you moved to

the intent was to be in range for Doc to walk, assist the injured off (getting Fast from Quick Cure) and healing Parker.  This was in case of the Rex diving Parker (since Assassinate was in the pool)

• Thanks 1

So I've forgotten to update this so I guess I'll do so now

Round 1 I faced anya with Mikhail and emmy and it was horrible, I got stuck in my own deployment zone everyone was stunned and I couldn't do anything it was a nightmare. I'd gone with vonshill and didn't take arik for some reason who would have helped a lot vs but it was just a terrible game from me and I was outplayed completely. My opponent was nice enough to agree I would have scored 1 point when we called it turn 3 but 8-1 was what I ended up with 

Round 2 was the outcast mirror as was vicks for me vs Tara for him and it was horrible for my opponent. Having talked to some of the UK guys they surgested I brought my own nothing beast and well, it just made and opening to destroy my opponent. Round 1 he buries his nothing beast after putting the regen upgread on it..... My nothing beast then focus, charges and hits hit beast for 5. He then fails twice with Karin to heal and unbury it so instead Tara runs up to one of the vick after they had gone and made one fast before Taylor came up and gave her a tickle. The nothing beast then unburied and burnt some stones from me or something. 

Turn 2 I get initive and well, a vick goes, charges in to Tara with Taylor, flips 13 of masks to hit and does some damage, Taylor then flips severe to hit and then vicks hits 11 masks to hit Tara again and then Taylor takers her down to nothing. It's at this point my opponent gives up as it was pritty much over all together. Still had the 12 of masks in hand with vicks for last ap and then could have chained in to other one to potentially murder the nothing beast between the two vicks wailing on it leaving him with nothing beyond 2 hunters, adionus and the scion vs my entire crew. He's happy to give me the full 8 points though I'd have prob missed 1 vendetta with of nothing vs nothing but have learnt the lesson don't take Tara in to outcasts as they will ring there own nothing beast 

• Thanks 2

So, Round 3:
image.thumb.png.264fc4384bccf0e3933ddbcaf9d4e054.png

Honestly?  Something like this feels like most of our masters can play into it.  I'm paired against Bayou, so I'm leaning Zipp or Leveticus as I'm expecting Ophelia.  I figure Runic Binding is a mostly dead scheme, LTB/ Vendetta play into the strategy (though Vendetta is worse since it encourages not killing) while Breakthrough is a Midnight Stalker done and dusted.  Catch and Release seems more in play for Leveticus with Necropunks or Scavengers.

Thoughts?

• Agree 1

One tip - vendetta on their highest cost model + let them bleed synergies REALLY well together, but don't do this against heal crews.

That's what I did in my game and it was very good.

It is all your eggs in one basket though- if you fail to pull it off, you miss out on both schemes.

You also have to be prepared for your opponent just camping their base all game, so need some mobility to cross the map if you have a weaker late game (which you probably do in Outcasts?)

Well gang, with the changes from GG2 coming out, and the MWS adopting the Errata and GG2 rules in part for the round, I've opted to go Leveticus into this pool.  My opponent announced Somer.

Being familiar with both, I'm thinking I need to dive Leveticus in and try to convert some Bayou into Abominations.  once I turn off healing and start the Entropy pings, I can keep Leveticus topped up while making Let Them Bleed an attractive choice.

Has the release of gg2 adjusted your thoughts for this round?

Played Round 4 today with Parker vs Dreamer. I can confirm he can do well in this pool. Draw their attention is very useful for moving strat markers. If you can get the bottom deployment zone there is very little for the enemy to hide behind from shooting that Mad Dog can't blow up. Midnight Stalker is good too, the strategy lets him get fast every turn after the first and he can get a strat marker 8 inches from the centerline turn 2.

• Thanks 1

I played the Viktorias on the Strategy last night, and the Viktorias with Servant of Dark Powers plus two Ronin had all the Strategy Markers on my opponent's side of the table halfway through Turn 1. It's quite the AP advantage to put your opponent in that sort of position so quickly. I imagine Tara can easily do something similar, and has better options for Claim Jump in Keyword, so that's another choice.

• Thanks 1