Outcasts in April Malifools - Outcasts Reloaded

James Dyson

Hello, everyone!

Been less than active on the forums lately, but with April around the corner (and a new MWS event) figured that I'd jump at making the thread for Outcasts this go around.  

The sign up is still open through 4/3, and found here:  

The player's pack may adjust (TO is leaving it open until 4/2 in case GG2 is announced), but for the time being we can talk about the rounds we currently have!  Let's start with round 1:
image.thumb.png.6ab51ce9aa49af42ca27d185532898cc.png

What do you think you'd bring in this setup?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, S4lt said:

Zipp or Jack for me into that. Depending on the faction they declare.

Both can deal with the river well and are strong into RE.

Both have good catch and release options. 

What are your preferred catch and release options with Zipp in outcast?  I've found all his keyword minions fairly squishy.

That said, I definitely like Zipp in this pool/ map.  I think taking Stalker makes Breakthrough and obvious play, but First Mate might be flexible enough to stealth it.  

Also think I could see myself running Freikorps here.  Lots of healing and some tanky minions for catch and release (or Freikorpsmann with Boots and shield running away)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diceman87 said:

What are your preferred catch and release options with Zipp in outcast?  I've found all his keyword minions fairly squishy.

I like an Irom Skeeter for it. Get a late turn declare and then first activation next turn fly as far away as possible. Potentially drop some markers for Breakthrough too

• Thanks 1

I quite like Hamelin on this, but... I always like Hamelin. Not needing to cross the river to score and having Vendetta for the Obedient Wretch play well into what he wants to do. The second scheme is a little tricky and perhaps a bit dependent on the opponent's crew. If they bring something melee based and aggressive then Let Them Bleed is a nice and easy option. Anything with multiple support models lurking in backfield will be tough to get to though to score the second point, but hopefully Hamelin's habit of keeping all the Evidence markers in his deployment zone will pay dividends and make that second point unnecessary. 

I actually quite like Hamelin as an answer to Sparks since he can do some big damage hits that don't generate blast damage. He shuts off Pustulent Tumours, which can be a little annoying, but normally the only other targeting of my own models is giving rats Fast in my backline and he's never close enough to stop that.

1 hour ago, Diceman87 said:

Well, the first round has changed (see the sign up thread for the updated packet).  Here it is:
image.thumb.png.3540940820e0e18ca9e6031585f0c207.png

So, I know looking at this pool, I'm thinking Midnight Stalker is coming in regardless of who I play.  Something like Viks or Zipp seems really strong here.

Thoughts?

Just get your game in before the Wednesday in case of errata drop as you know the stalker will be getting hit 😂😂😂

Well I've got shill in to anya in round 1,so leaning towards scheme marker removal, assassinate and then going from there, currently flip flopping between arik and emmy while bring hannah and a bunch of support models with hope that a rocket boots friecorpman will do business along side shill for symbols while I kill anya then score research mission or something 

2 minutes ago, touchdown said:

Worth bringing Mad Dog ook to deal with Sovereign? Is that too much?

I don't know much about Anya. Looks like a keyword that's impossible to pin down, and probably worth putting health pressure on them.

I know from discussion elsewhere that some people consider Sovereign so squishy that they just plant it next to Emissary for most of the game, so be mindful of that.

Of course, armor ignore will tear through Emissary pretty fast if you can lower his defense enough that Mad Dog can hit him.

• Like 1

I think there's some merit to having Mad Dog to kill Sovereign, but if you see the Intrepid Emissary he's real good at blunting Mad Dog's offense.  On the other hand, you have the best deployment for the Turn 1 Mad Dog Alpha shot regardless, and the Hodgepodge Emissary is solid for buffing Midnight (if you're taking him) and enabling Leave Your Mark/ Sabotage.  

With Hannah, Mad Dog, Emissary, and whatever support pieces you have you have a solid set up for burning through the Syndicate models.  

6 hours ago, dannydb said:

So is the consensus I have to bring mad dog? Was mostly keyword with emmy and a Prospector 

I don't think it's consensus, but the more I think about it, the more I like it. It would also have great synergy with VS using Pull!

Like Adran said either Hannah or Arik are also good options. Even an Engineer could take out Sovereign in 1 activation without much trouble (if the Emissary isn't around).