Returning player after long break

Lord chompy

Hy thinking about return to the game after a few years of being away.

Just some questions.

Is there any archived post on the lore as I was looking around and noticed some of the old master have straight up gone.

And also with the newer model ranges are the older one still acceptable in events( thinking the dreamer in particular as he has changed quite a bit) just so I know we're I stand on what I have model wise.

2 minutes ago, Lord chompy said:

So any dead man's had is off the table then. Cheers well still got a few things I can work with then. Cheers everyone. 

It depends on your local TOs, but I think people are leaning more and more towards not allowing DMH (dead Man's hand).

But in general Collodi is considered a bit overpowered and people might not want to play against it anyway xD

That's fair as I say I'm just looking in to it as I need to see if my local group want to pick it up again as there was some bad experiences with some of the players going in to resurrectionest that left a lot of people with a bad taste for the game.

But hopefully once I get some game Time again events should be a something il look in to as I did enjoy 1e and what I played of 2e event. 

• Like 1

The game is different. Less swingy and its a lot easier to read/understand the mechanics, when you encounter a crew for the first time. 

3rd is widely regarded as the best edition yet - not ragging on the previous. 

-

And there is a good chance, you’ll see Collodi return. Last Black Friday saw a limited release of his crew in the current box layout. 

7 hours ago, Lord chompy said:

Hy thinking about return to the game after a few years of being away.

Just some questions.

Is there any archived post on the lore as I was looking around and noticed some of the old master have straight up gone.

And also with the newer model ranges are the older one still acceptable in events( thinking the dreamer in particular as he has changed quite a bit) just so I know we're I stand on what I have model wise.

A few quick answers - There is a podcast that is reading all the stories - A breechside broadcast. They have now done all of the first two edition books and are in the third edition. This is probably the best source of the Stories without going to buy the old edition books. There is some lore covered in the Chronicles, which is available for free from Drive thru RPG, but thats generally in addition to the story lines covered in the main books. 

Every model produced in the first 2 editions has rules in 3rd ed, either as its own unit, or is a legal proxy for a certain unit. There are a few faction switches, and 10 models are Dead mans hand (Ramos, Brass Arachnid, Electrical creation, Nicodem, the vulture, Lilith, the Cherub, Collodi, the manniquins and Ryle Hoffman) which may or may not be allowed in formal events, but have official rules. 

The older sculpts are still perfectly fine to use in events. 

• Like 1