Gremlins ain't no fools (april tournament)

SEV

I've played Mah vs Mei (arc). It was a brutal game from turn 1.

My opponent covered one of his symbols with the Soulstone Miner, so I shoot at him with my Bushwhacker for 6 damages (I cheated for crit strike and I was on a neutral flip, so I cheated a severe). That left the SS MIner with 1 Wd, so for my second shot, he used his RJ to keep him alive.

Then, he activated the Forgeling to drop a scrap close to the centerline, for what I supposed it was going to be Mei Feng's next activation, jumping there with Ride the Rails and Breath of Fire with focus in the middle of my crew (or charge + Vent Steam), since most of my crew was still all close to each other. I activated Mah, push Gluttony with the trigger to spread some focus and then move+charge the Forgeling flipping a 1. I created a trap on top of his scrap to dissuade Mei from appearing there.

I had a good hand, so I felt confident that Mah wouldn't be at much risk, I also used BBB calculate the possibilities to make my deck a little bit hotter. He moved his Sparks in a way that Mah was now in hazardous terrain because of that scrap marker that she covered with the trap. He tried to remove the traps with Willie, but he flipped the black joker. He used the Rider to create another entry point for Mei Feng, but I used Gluttony to push the Rider into the scrap that she just created (and also a trap for a total of 5 damages).

Without any other options to Ride the Rails with Mei Feng, he went through the trap and charged Mah. My opponent had two 13s in hand, and it was brutal, because those totally nullified my hand, which wasn't bad, I had like: 13, 11, 9, 8. Mah went down to 6Wds and 3 injured after I used 3ss to prevent damage (1-2-1). There was also Neil Henry's activation too, which put some damage on Mah.

We ended 5-4, but it could have swung in any direction. Mistakes where made on both sides, and jokers where flipped here and there. I did a terrible mistake in turn 5 that could have cost me the game, but then my opponent got unlucky with a damage prevention flip (BJ) which allowed me to get the victory.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Bayou people did well in R1 (6-4)

I'm looking forward R2. Usually Leylines is a strong strat for us.

image.png.537d3989f762d0e53f22468d1bd9c833.png

I tried this scenario already and I think it give us a lot of option again. Unfortunately with so many blocking terrain the Wheel (aka Lucky Emissary) is not as good as usual. It will still probably be amazing at Leyline. 

Zipp seems really good again for this scenario. I tried Mama Z again and she can do well with this scheme pool. But I think, once again, it's quite open for many of our masters.

I'm playing against Ressers for this round. I'm still undecided between Z, Zipp and Ulix...

1 hour ago, Stumpyfjord said:

I played Brewie into Viks on it as a practice game the other day. Felt decent.

Probably more of a pocket pick than a pure power in Mama Z. Gamin can really cruise around to move between CLL on this map. I didn’t use them that way because of Ronin in my matchup but that was the plan.

I don't know much about Brewie (he's one of the master that I don't play), but he's an interesting pick in to Leyline and he's good at LtB, Take prisoner and Vendetta. Claim Jump too if you bubble in the centre and let a fast model do all the Leyline (Popcorn or the wheel I guess, Gamin seems a bit fragile for this task).

3 hours ago, SEV said:

(Popcorn or the wheel I guess, Gamin seems a bit fragile for this task).

Popcorn did half the running and the gamin did the other half in that game. The gamin also crossed the whole board for the take prisoner reveal/end on prospector. Brewie was too busy murdering dudes to lure. But I’ve got two games of Brewie, so 100% still in exploration phase.

Do you typically find a singe tanky model is is your runner the whole game? I’ve usually found my assigned runner is two of the nodes and then I’m passing the ball around anyway (through death of model or AP).

Just finished my round two game.

Lists attached. I had 5 stones and my opponent had 7.

I had a simple plan: emissary rolls all over the table with the stone, while the rest of the crew is killing ghost.

I took an obvious vendetta Francois vs Dead Rider and Let Them Bleed. My opponent picked vendetta Datsue Ba vs Francois and Claim Jump on Lost Love.

On the first turn Jaakuna lured my Emissary away from the strategy marker next to my deployment. I had a very strong starting hand of 4 severes and a red joker, but even a red joker couldn't save from stat 7 vs 5.  Kirai summoned a Goryo. I killed Goryo and Jaakuna and damaged Ikyrio.

On the second turn Kirai summoned another Goryo and Ikyrio (I killed the starting one with my first activation) so I had to kill them. The Rider came to fight Francois, Francois fought back, but neither did any damage.

On the third turn I won initiative, revealed vendetta, the Rider had to spend tokens for damage reduction and could use only the first trigger of Revel In Death. Datsue Ba revealed vendetta, but Francois survived. Kirai summoned another Goryo and Ikyrio, Ophelia killed the Rider and Ikiryo, but failed to finish Goryo. Sammy had some lucky damage flips vs stone carrier Gaki and killed it, preventing my opponent from scoring central marker (stone passed to Kirai).

On the fourth turn I won initiative, Francois finished Goryo (one of many Red Jockers for damage I had through the game) and ran away to safety behind a house. Kirai tryed to kill Sammy (but I defended cheating high) and summoned nothing. In return Sammy hexed Kirai three times and forced her to bury with Glimpse the Void - descored strategy again. At the end of turn my opponent revealed Claim Jump.

On the fifth turn I started with killing Lost Love and damaging Datsue Ba with Ophelia. After that we exchanged defensive moves - my opponent moved Datsue Ba with the stone away from my beaters and I moved Emissary back to my crew to pass the stone to Sammy. Kirai got unburied, summoned Ikyrio, but it failed to disengage from Ophelia and engage Sammy. So Sammy just moved with the stone to the last marker I needed. Final score is 7:5. I killed enemy models too fast and didn't get reveal point of Let Them Bleed.

The Kin ghost-killing machine eliminated 48 stones of summoned models and most of starting list (only Kirai, Datsue Ba and one Seishin survived). Lost nothing but two totems.

Sammy in Kin (or Wyzz-bang) is an absolute counter vs Urami. I got a card almost every activation after hitting enemy models and taking vengeance damage.

Screenshot_2021-04-13-11-22-44-229_com.wyrd.m3e.pngScreenshot_2021-04-13-11-23-50-505_com_wyrd_m3e.thumb.png.59adc579a2097de6bebcf280f52db5a7.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Scoffer said:

Sammy in Kin (or Wyzz-bang) is an absolute counter vs Urami. I got a card almost every activation after hitting enemy models and taking vengeance damage

I think Sammy is always good, but this seems like a huge advantage. Killing almost 80 SS of models in a game is no mean feat. 

Well I lost a close one with Z against Kirai... I had a good early game and got quite lucky with Frank (ook) killing Datsue Ba, Jakuma and the tomtem (after Kirai had activated).

The wheel runs the Symbols well as usual, but I failed to denied my oponent properly... I mess up with a lot of Z activation doing a bunch of nothing and he use the terrain really well to cut LOS. Most of all, I get out activated badly and was never able to secure take prisoner because of that (I should have taken Vendetta or LTB)... Lost love was key at denying both STO (second point) and take prisoner (he stayed next to my prisoner target, so I couldn't attract him because of protected)... it ends 7-5. GG @Flippin' Wyrd Jamie

Congrats to @Scoffer too for the good run so far with the green dudes.

Still hope for a GG change for R3... As it is, Ophelia seems amazing there, but I will probably continue with Z... I like the old lady 😋

• Like 2