Expanding NB after Dreamer and Pandora?

Warharan

So I got me a Dreamer crew for Xmas and recently could buy a (painted) Pandora crew 2nd hand.
Pandora was on my wish-list given the overlap between crews.

Now with the end of my 'to-paint' in sight for the Dreamer crew I am pondering where to go next.
Which crew/keyword would add new gameplay/style to Woe/Nightmare?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Pic added of my (WIP) Dreamer crew.
Because... reasons.

My Dreamer Crew (1st batch).jpg

• Like 5

I went from Pandora and Dreamer to Lucius and really enjoyed it.

Lucius is a wildly different playstyle from either of them so he does a lot to keep games feeling fresh. He's not nearly as tanky or straight up death dealing as the Woes and Nightmares. But, he's got great scheming options and a with his obeys he has a shockingly deep toolbox, once you've figured out how to unlock it.

Warning: picking up Lucius may lead to dabbling in the dirty dirty Guild. 

Also, your Dreamer crew looks great! I'd love to see the rest of them when you finish up!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nathan Sells said:

Also, your Dreamer crew looks great! I'd love to see the rest of them when you finish up!

2 minutes ago, ooshawn said:

beautiful dreamer crew man, you have talent! 

I had a bit of help. Experienced/skilled hands to boot.
I do a lot of my own painting but after assembling Chompy I decided I needed help with that.

• Like 1

Amazing paint job. 

I started Neverborn with Dreamer and ‘dora - and the versatiles, get those.  I really don’t need any more, so the rest is more of a painting project (If you check my signature paint thread, I’ve now got 15 crews across 5 factions). 

The only other Neverborn master I fancy is Lucius. I can’t really get his style though. So I was looking into getting Nekima for a little Nephilim boost to his offense, but not for the Nephilim themselves. 

Otherwise. I’d say, if nothing in Neverborn catches your fancy, move on or take some time to make some amazing terrain to support, what you’ve already got :) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Warharan said:

What does she add?
I had a look at the card in the crewbuilder but it is not obvious to a newb like me what she has to offer...

Stitched together are puppets, so become a source of staggered with Vasilisa. Occasionally you can make puppets using Vasilisa and dead models that drop scrap (but Widow Weaver is way better for that).

The movement boost is nice as well. And some heals for your constructs (but Serena is a better healer).

Personally I don't rely on stitched as much so haven't tried Vasilisa, but I think that is the idea.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Vasillisa is also a very fun add in to Pandora. Her and the Wicked Dolls combine to give her a lot of the mobility she lacks for scheming. Since Vasilisa makes all puppets pulse out staggered in the start phase you get some nice condition synergy. Plus if you're bringing Wicked Dolls there's more than a chance they'll die and getting to turn a dead Doll into a Stitched Together feels nice.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nathan Sells said:

Vasillisa is also a very fun add in to Pandora

Yeah! Vasi can be good with Dora. I use it ofte (especially with BBS when I need more mobility)...

But I had this list full of janky models in my back pocket to max out with the stagger shenanigans (probably not worth it, but it seems fun for casual play).

Dora,  Stop Right Now... (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Pandora
Totem(s):
  Poltergeist
Hires:
  Lyssa
  Lyssa 2
  Candy
  Vasilisa
  Wicked Doll
  Wicked Doll 2
  Black Blood Shaman
  Cyclops

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkoon said:

I think I'd name that crew "Stop. In the name of Woe!"

Interesting crew though... But why the Cyclops?

Ice pilar generator + an other  source of stagger. They synergize well with Lysa. Also you're not as hungry for tomes than in a Savage crew, so it should help them with their tactical actions.

Bu as I said, mostly a fun list 😀

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2021 at 5:35 AM, Maniacal_cackle said:

I'd get something scheme-y.

Zoraida is a powerhouse, and would be what I would grab next for competitive play.

For casual play, Lucius, Zoraida, or Marcus for mobile scheme-y crews.

For alphastriking crews, Titania and Nekima.

Euripedes for sweet, sweet tech that almost nobody knows how to play (I certainly don't xD).

Euripides is host unto himself. There's a good variety within the Savage keyword and that can lead to very different lists and play styles. Even those who've played him before might be surprised by him and what his keyword can do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vaylos said:

Euripides is host unto himself. There's a good variety within the Savage keyword and that can lead to very different lists and play styles. Even those who've played him before might be surprised by him and what his keyword can do.

The only real downside is that there already is someone playing Euripides locally.
And I'd rather lean into masters who no one plays. (yet)
(unless something cheap/2nd hand crosses my ever eager path 😉 )

• 2 weeks later...

The faction had access to a living healer. Now it is a model with an inflated price. Unfortunately, Candy dies very quickly - as it should be treated almost at point-blank range. That is, a Samurai shooter with a stealth upgrade does not bother them. And the only healer of the faction, right???. The Bokor of gremlins can be no less than the Bowman.But he's not touched. And this is almost an auto-selection.

On 4/22/2021 at 8:11 AM, 74legion said:

The faction had access to a living healer. Now it is a model with an inflated price. Unfortunately, Candy dies very quickly - as it should be treated almost at point-blank range. That is, a Samurai shooter with a stealth upgrade does not bother them. And the only healer of the faction, right???. The Bokor of gremlins can be no less than the Bowman.But he's not touched. And this is almost an auto-selection.

50%-ish of Neverborn models have a self-heal. Bowman is arguably a better support piece now with her triggers. You'll be fine. 

• Agree 1

On 3/27/2021 at 6:35 AM, Maniacal_cackle said:

I'd get something scheme-y.

Zoraida is a powerhouse, and would be what I would grab next for competitive play.

For casual play, Lucius, Zoraida, or Marcus for mobile scheme-y crews.

For alphastriking crews, Titania and Nekima.

Euripedes for sweet, sweet tech that almost nobody knows how to play (I certainly don't xD).

Please note that if you're a completionist it takes something along the lines of 12 boxes including another master's core box to have everything for the swampfiend keyword. 😔😵

• Like 1