Ressers in April Vassal Series.

1 hour ago, Mycellanious said:

Fortunately no masters in the game are capable of that in Flank deployment :D

Some are missing  the irony here... FYI : Mycellanious and I played a R1 practice earlier this week and he was in my face turn 1 with Mei Fang  breathing fire on my poor young lacroix and Bokor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, SEV said:

So what you're saying is : if I play against Reva, my crew must have a way to be in her face quickly (this combo take your whole turn to execute).  Than the fight will be mostly in your deployment Zone for the rest of the game.

Or, you have turn one to do your own version of nearly killing and the healing your own crew to leave the markers in your own deployment...

• Haha 1

Although to clarify, the whole crew can move huge distances (except the shieldbearer), so the plan was to actually have the action take place elsewhere on the board. No point dropping the markers in my base and then fighting there.

EDIT: for example I could easily get 6 inches into the enemy deployment zone with Bete Noire turn 2 to score breakthrough if I decided to go for that. Or 12 with minor effort!

Also it is more like 30 inches, not 12. These shenanigans take place in the back corner of my deployment zone. But yeah, still very doable for some crews who can ignore the terrain.

But overall, you can see why it was supposed to be 'secret' tech. This only works if it takes someone by surprise 😜

4 hours ago, SEV said:

Some are missing  the irony here... FYI : Mycellanious and I played a R1 practice earlier this week and he was in my face turn 1 with Mei Fang  breathing fire on my poor young lacroix and Bokor.

Which was preceeded by 2 Mature Nephilim running into my deployment zone to kill all my Frontiersmen

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

In my head you both were playing two games simultaneously.

With chess clocks.

Very impressive!

Man, I have an hard time not forgetting about half of what my models are doing in a single game... But you give me an Idea to beat Nexus Plaag... we just have to teams up and make him play 3 games at the same time... I think one of us will have a decent shot 😀.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Round 1 has changed to symbols!!

image.png.525d8fc758997cf004b6552e10299f30.png

I came up with some more secret tech for the Recover pool and then it turned out to be useless xD

What are people's thoughts on this one? Research Mission always pushes me towards Reva, but anyone can do it easily with a Carrion Emissary. Hidden martyrs always has a few good options, but it is hard to guarantee it in this pool.  Leave Your Mark again pushes me towards Reva since she is great at claiming the centre and denying it.

Molly is great for denying 4 of those 5 schemes which is pretty sweet...

Seamus has some great teleporting options, and pairs well with Emissary for Research Mission. A lot of his teleport options are destructible, though, so would have to be very careful.

Von Schtook and Yan Lo are going to be errata-ed next week, so careful picking them (I'm making this up as wild speculation as to the nature and timing of the errata).

Wedge deployment does also raise some interesting questions.

Incidentally, more Recover Evidence tech:

• Manos siphons power from Machine, shoots it, then siphons for leap.
    • Machine drops marker.
  • Necrotic Machine focuses and hits Crooligan for 4, dropping its marker, then heals itself back up.
  • Crooligan activates, teleports to within 8 inches of Molly, and heals 2 from GST.
  • Molly activates, draws a bunch of cards to replenish, reactivates the crooligan.
  • Crooligan activates again, heals 2.

Voila, another method to drop the markers efficiently.

I'm Molly vs. Tara!

EDIT: The lists!

Me:

• Molly & Machine
  • Dead Rider
  • Manos
  • Archie
  • Philip and the Nanny
  • Night Terror
  • Crooligan
  • 3 stones

I kept getting stuck and wasn't sure how to fill out the crew, as I hit the beaters I wanted but felt like my symbols plan was a bit weak and the beaters would spend too much time scheming.

So I grabbed P&N and a night terror for extra scheming power.

Him:

• Tara & Karina
  • Aionus
  • Talos
  • The Nothing Beast
  • Hodgepodge Emissary
  • Nix
  • 4 stones

We both went for very low-stone crews but with lots of fighting power, so interesting to see how it pans out!

28 minutes ago, Pergli said:

Interesting, what made you bring Philip and the Nanny here? 

I'm matched up Schtook V Cadmus but not declaring crews until Thurs/Fri to avoid errata.

I tried a few different lists (one even had Anna Lovelace since the auras are annoying for Tara).

I kept arriving at the conclusion I really only wanted 3 beaters even though I could fit four into the list. I was also having the issue that my two crooligans were really going to struggle to get around the table if Archie died (or was buried with his willpower 4). That would mean I'd be forced to scheme with Dead Rider and Manos. 

So I decided I wanted another crooligan beacon to take pressure off Archie.

Then I figured if I was taking Philip and the Nanny, might as well upgrade a crooligan to a night terror. Now I can efficiently move Philip and the Nanny 24 inches turn one, which opens up some good options.

So overall I really wanted to free up pressure on Dead Rider/Manos/Archie so that they are available to scheme if the opportunity presents itself, but they can also focus on beats if necessary. It looks like my opponent went for a very elite list, so I'm stoked I have a lot of beaters free if necessary.

• Like 1

Also stoked to see how the Schtook vs. Cadmus matchup goes! Symbols is one of those frustrating ones where Cadmus seems weak, but thanks to the insignificant interact option, there's a lot of tricky options here.

Of course, you're super good at murdering the insignificant options and being able to shove aside + move to retreat to safety is a great trick Schtook does better than the rest of the faction.

So keen to see how it goes!

Also keen to see the lists. Wonder if you're going to do anything tricky like have an upgraded Manos or Vincent so they can get fast or something crazy xD But I'll have to wait til Friday!

3 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Not to mention you're quite good with Kirai!

Any idea what your opponent will bring? Feels like a Zoraida pool?

Lol thanks,  but I wouldn't go quite that fair...I'm ok with Kirai...most of my wins are on the back of Dead Rider being actually broken.  Cause just being able to hit the button on Turn3 and win the game is fair lol

Idk what they might bring, guessing Z or Dreamer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davos said:

Lol thanks,  but I wouldn't go quite that fair...I'm ok with Kirai...most of my wins are on the back of Dead Rider being actually broken.  Cause just being able to hit the button on Turn3 and win the game is fair lol

Idk what they might bring, guessing Z or Dreamer

I've only managed to pull off the 5-crow revel once so far, but yeah, Dead Rider has appeared in most of my lists this series which is a bad sign (although sometimes afterwards I realise it was a bad idea to bring it xD).

For me, I find Reap to be the most powerful ability.

Won 7-4 (I was shy one symbol).

We both went for a split strategy with our symbols (2 left, 2 right).

I got two massive reaps off in the game, one which really set Tara back (so she only got one symbol all game), and the second was turn 5 on Philip and the Nanny to reposition to deny sabotage + score hidden martyrs. I used Philip and Night Terror for martyrs, which ended up paying off.

Meanwhile I was able to grab symbols with Manos going left and Philip going right. Philip only ended up picking one as I had to get back into the action turn 5 for hidden martyrs (I should have reversed the order of the symbols ideally, but I messed up my ordering earlier).

Turn 2 I beat Tara down to two health, so she had to retreat and get healed back to 7. Really set him back and Tara was on the back foot for the rest of the game.

I also had substantial luck with some really good flips, and I drew the red joker 2-3 times.

Molly ended the game 7-8 inches from her starting position, so she was pure gas all game xD