Ressers in April Vassal Series.

@Pergli epic and that red joker explanation makes sense.

I caught the last 10 minutes of the game and was surprised at the board state, but it all makes sense now xD

Agree that planning is super valuable against crews like Cadmus. Cadmus doesn't seem very flexible, so generally there'll be a bit of a planning advantage because you know exactly what to expect.

Tips for others that want to attack lodestone carrier turn 1:

• Molly can catapult yin into enemy deployment turn 1 to disrupt lodestone.
  • Seamus can get into enemy deployment with 3 actions to spare after teleporting to the leylines - his gun and terrorize mean he has plenty of options to disrupt from there.
  • Reva can of course knock aside, but I haven't figured out a good corpse sequence.

Any other tips? I assume VS can easily shove aside?

EDIT: of course, the other tricky bit is not overextending yourself so badly you just lose turns 2/3/4/5.

Part of why VS is good into shen long is because he turns off upgrades :).

As for diving to remove the ball carrier t1, the best option is to bring a rotten belle, move her forward with something and lure them off the market. It's gonna be difficult to do anything else in corner except seamus.

I'm into Bayou which instantly kills my reva list making :(.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Pergli said:

As for diving to remove the ball carrier t1, the best option is to bring a rotten belle, move her forward with something and lure them off the market. It's gonna be difficult to do anything else in corner except seamus.

Personally I think Seamus' Terrorize is better than a Belle's Lure (assuming he can't just one shot with his gun) for turn one shenanigans, since the setup for it is generally stuff you want to be doing anyway (you stack Seamus up with a bunch of focus in case he needs his gun and then run him up the field), and it is harder to stop.

I think Molly is ultimately the best at it, though - guaranteed last activation + Yin's built in push = easy to pull off (although admittedly then you have to take Sloth to make Yin fast, but all of Molly's crew is usually undead anyway and the incidental Archie heal is pretty sweet).

7 minutes ago, Pergli said:

I'm into Bayou which instantly kills my reva list making :(.

Have you declared Reva yet? I personally haven't minded Reva into Bayou - I can usually make corpses faster than they can eat them, so there's almost always some options.

I don't make much use of pyre markers other than throwing burning on my own models, though. Or setting up the Unquiet Dead with Bete Noire in the rare instance my opponent forgets to play around it.

And of course Bone Piles are super good in this pool. I'd consider Bone Pile (to throw the lodestone turn 2 with bury + possible claim jump taker or spread them out) + Bete Noire (for potential vendetta or spread them out runner)? In a pinch, Bete with GST can do Claim jump, but at that point I'd rather just do it with like Grave Golem or something xD

Terrorize would be good except its directly away and its very easy to position big based models to where they won't push off the idol whereas lure is a move towards you which as long as they don't go backwards, they have to make the move.

Have not declared Reva yet and probably won't. I play pyre heavy and the emissary just ruins my day. It's guaranteed to see the table too. I think its doable to get a marker up to the enemy model but it requires way too much setup for my liking lol.

Shieldbearer shield bashes Emissary forward with mask, emissary double walks, drops 2 coffins markers - turns 1 into a zombie. Anna then uses her bonus to push the zombie 3 inches to explode. (6 + 12 +8 (6 inch and 2 for the marker drop) + 3 + 1 (corpse marker drop) + 2 inch for Reva) I can get a corpse marker 36 inches away from my deployment line. Is it worth it? Probably not but its doable :) 

You and I play severely different Revas! I just can't get behind bone piles, I used them in GG0 but I don't think i've put a single one on the table in GG1. Its good though, i'm glad there are multiple successful Reva playstyles!

• Like 1

The lists!

Me:

• Molly w/ Whisper & Machine
  • Emissary
  • Archie
  • Bete Noire
  • Student of Viscera
  • Crooligan
  • Crooligan
  • 3 Stones

Now let's hope the Student isn't nerfed before my game 😜

Theirs:

• Shenlong & students
  • Sensei Yu
  • Fuhatsu w/ trained Ninja
  • Low river monk
  • Charm Warder w/ silent protector 
  • Bill Algren
  • 7 stones

Looks like I was right to avoid going with a strategy to shove his models off the leylines 😜 And like he is going pretty hard on claiming the centre.

EDIT: I'm not spotting much card draw to support all those elite models. Does he just lean on chi and soulstones to support them?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

The lists!

Me:

• Molly w/ Whisper & Machine
  • Emissary
  • Archie
  • Bete Noire
  • Student of Viscera
  • Crooligan
  • Crooligan
  • 3 Stones

Now let's hope the Student isn't nerfed before my game 😜

Theirs:

• Shenlong & students
  • Sensei Yu
  • Fuhatsu w/ trained Ninja
  • Low river monk
  • Charm Warder w/ silent protector 
  • Bill Algren
  • 7 stones

Looks like I was right to avoid going with a strategy to shove his models off the leylines 😜 And like he is going pretty hard on claiming the centre.

EDIT: I'm not spotting much card draw to support all those elite models. Does he just lean on chi and soulstones to support them?

Chi certainly helps, but also Fuhatsu has an inbuilt :+flip so he's less card hungry than he looks.

Sensei Yu will often wail on Fuhatsu for the Good for a Laugh trigger for draw 4 and discard 2 which is usually enough to keep the crew operating well - and then Juggernaut/someone else heals him back up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Definitely having list regret. Wanted to try something new and I'm not sure it works xD. I can still see some viable plans, but it is weaker than if I had just gone triple beater I think. Manos especially suits the terrain wayyy better than the sz3 models.

Hiding from Fuhatsu sounds hard xD

12 hours ago, Davos said:

He’s got some beefy bois going on in that list. Question: who runs lodestone for him?

One of the Laugh Off models, I assume. But since they can be four wind punched 6" at a time from each of the students, I don't think he will have trouble getting it around.

Edit: although Assdex (my opponent) is following this thread, so he can always share too xD I imagine he will want to wait until after the game 😜

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Pergli said:

Welp, pulled 5-4 into ophelia. Primarily because he had some bad BJ damage flips. 3 BJs into valedictorian and 1 into a undergrad that was my vendetta model.

Not taking 1st and maybe not even top 3 with my diff

You must already be in top 16 for the overall series, though, right?

And congrats on the win! A black joker win still counts xD

3 minutes ago, Pergli said:

Yeah I'm guaranteed a top 16 spot at this point buuuut it would be nice to have all of my qualifying spots be 1st places lol.

Wow what a greedy bastard....I'm just hoping to get in the top 10 of an event.  ONCE. :P

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Davos said:

Wow what a greedy bastard....I'm just hoping to get in the top 10 of an event.  ONCE. :P

I'm not sure I've even won every round yet. I think the best I've done is to not lose any round (2 wins and a tie?)

Though by the end of the series, I will have faced a lot of opposing crews and gained a ton of meta knowledge xD At this point, half my games are against crews I haven't seen before (and the other half are English Ivan and Tara xD)

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Definitely having list regret. Wanted to try something new and I'm not sure it works xD. I can still see some viable plans, but it is weaker than if I had just gone triple beater I think. Manos especially suits the terrain wayyy better than the sz3 models.

Hiding from Fuhatsu sounds hard xD

One of the Laugh Off models, I assume. But since they can be four wind punched 6" at a time from each of the students, I don't think he will have trouble getting it around.

Edit: although Assdex (my opponent) is following this thread, so he can always share too xD I imagine he will want to wait until after the game 😜

I really not sure about bill. But got few tricks in my pocket with him.

• Like 1