Ressers in April Vassal Series.

19 minutes ago, Pergli said:

X, Y and Z are gonna be happy, so I'm going to go with option A ;)

I'm into Guild but I don't know what is happening yet on my side but its between three options. Probably going to wait until Thursday to decided incase errata drops finally. 

Well, I can hardly go against another Resser play and not give them the Molly experience. That'd be poor form!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pergli said:

X, Y and Z are gonna be happy, so I'm going to go with option A ;)

I'm into Guild but I don't know what is happening yet on my side but its between three options. Probably going to wait until Thursday to decided incase errata drops finally. 

I don't know much about Guild, love to hear your insights into what masters you considered and why once the lists/match are done!

• Like 1

Flank Recover? I’d play either Levi, Daw, or Parker. Maybe Von Schill if I’m feeling spicey.

Levi IS the natural take he excels at killing, but Parker projects threat arguably better (run & gun is OP 😍 ) and Daw being about to start roughly at the center line (servant of dark powers push) can wreck face really well, while tarpitting early. Abd guilty are the ultimate “feels bad man” models to force your opponent to kill in evidence 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Davos said:

Flank Recover? I’d play either Levi, Daw, or Parker. Maybe Von Schill if I’m feeling spicey.

Levi IS the natural take he excels at killing, but Parker projects threat arguably better (run & gun is OP 😍 ) and Daw being about to start roughly at the center line (servant of dark powers push) can wreck face really well, while tarpitting early. Abd guilty are the ultimate “feels bad man” models to force your opponent to kill in evidence 

Great notes, thanks!

Parker is pretty weak against Ressers I feel (because 2/4/5 damage tracks don't want to play into ressers), so I'll prepare for Leve and Jack.

Guilty aren't so great against us either, since our anti-demise auras mean that Guilty are just straight upside (easy access to a marker).

He played Daw, I played Molly, won 7-2.

I basically just camped out in my base the whole game and forced him to come to me (since my crew is so mobile and I had activation control with the crooligan, and Dead Rider started reaping on turn 2 with an 8" reap). So he had to trudge across the entire board and I got to use all my AP on killing.

Then I also just flipped so many severes on useful things it felt like my deck was on fire xD

Manos with Vendetta against Montresor secured me a point, and then I got let them bleed since Manos beat Montresor down to half health. Vendetta + Let them bleed is an efficient combo here, but it is also all your eggs in one basket.

Oh, I smoothly pulled off the combo! Beat the Crooligan down to 1 health and dropped its marker in the back of my deployment zone.

It didn't end up mattering in the slightest, but I'm stoked that it is so easy to pull off consistently (all while pulsing focus from the Crooligan and having most of my beaters have 2+ focus end of turn 1).

Well, many of our Resser players have finished Round 3 and seem to be doing pretty well :) So here's some information on the NEW gg2 round 4!

Forums won't let me post images for some reason, but here it is in text:

• Standard Break The Line (new GG2 Strategy)
    • Death Beds (new GG2 scheme)
    • Outflank (MODIFIED from GG0 - now you need scheme markers)
    • Bait & Switch (new GG2 scheme)
    • Hidden Martyrs
    • Claim Jump

So looks like we've got a game where it is all about the centreline, but all over the map.

Bait and Switch may be tricky as there is no incentive for your opponent to cross the centreline, but they may need to do it if they want to push strategy markers really deep. It's also stupidly easy for us to set up a scheme marker and just Reap an opponent onto it, so that's something to consider. Even if you do it as a bluff, could be solid (at least, if you need to drop scheme markers anyway).

Molly absolutely LOVES this strategy I suspect. This pool seems perfect for her. So perhaps I'll surprise everyone and declare something that everyone expects...

1 minute ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

great! we will see how nerfed Kirai performs in hands of an experienced player.

Indeed :D I have always said the Kirai matchup is quite doable. Now we'll see if that's actually true now that I'm up against this calibre of player xD

Jamie's pretty good, by all accounts! Very stoked for our game :)

Just gotta figure out the list... Not sure Vincent is worth it because of how much concealing is on the map (which you can't stone through if you stone for crows) and the summons can't do the strategy anyway.

Some of the lists I've considered for the game...

Modified recover Evidence

•   Dead Rider
  •   Manos, The Risen
  •   Archie
  •   Philip and the Nanny
  •   Crooligan
  •   Crooligan 2

Toshiro hold the centre

•   Whisper on Molly 
  •   Dead Rider
  •   Toshiro, The Daimyo
  •   Archie
  •   Gravedigger
  •   Crooligan
  •   Crooligan 2

Worst henchmen in the faction:

•   Madame Sybelle
  •   Vincent St. Clair
  •   Archie
  •   Philip and the Nanny
  •   Crooligan
  •   Crooligan 2

Unmodified Recover Evidence:

•   Whisper on Molly
  •   Dead Rider
  •   Manos, The Risen
  •   Archie
  •   Rogue Necromancy
  •   Crooligan
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I wonder if Asura, mourners, or Mortimer would be a better choice for corpse generation.

Probably not Mourners since Kirai can eat corpses.

I wouldn't worry too much, I'll generate you plenty of corpses by killing your crew

Just run to the centre and you'll get all the corpses you could ever need 😁

• Haha 2

5-5 tie.

He did not expect me to suddenly leap forward with an extra point on Bait And Switch for the free point at the end of the game with no effort xD

I tried to deny his Claim Jump, but just hadn't managed my hand properly to force it through.

I also always think that hidden martyrs is 'end the game on their table half unengaged' and not 'end the game engaged', so I jumped through a bunch of hoops that turned out to be useless xD I did score it at the last moment, though.

Molly is fantastic at denying the strategy, but it is another one of those cases where you don't really have enough gas to both score and deny it, particularly on standard deployment.

I ended up taking Manos, Vincent, Philip, Archie, 2 crooligans. Philip kept removing things which was pretty useful, but I'm not sure it was more useful than just hiring a better model in the first place (like Dead Rider).

Eventually he realised he could just summon a drowned to stun Vincent, and then Vincent was rendered obsolete xD

• Like 1